• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

Don't shoot the messenger!

I sincerely hope the Leafs get their shit together in time to make the playoffs. A potential Habs-Leafs series would be epic and I can't believe the Habs will be the only god damn Canadian team in the playoffs for crying out loud!

I must have missed this one. :-/
Even if the Leafs make the playoffs...

There won't be any good Canadian teams! ;)

I think a Western team is taking it again this year. St Louis, Anaheim, and Chicago are juggernauts. Would've included Vancouver there a year or two ago <_<

I probably won't be able to watch the game live tonight, but I fully expect this team to shit the bed.

Especially with Coco in over Leo and Cole. Why Hitch? Why?

:)

va6sRjw.png

Come back Burke!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Screw you guys I'm still here!

March can be a rough month for me I have my dad, mom, and best friend all with birthdays between March 17 and 23rd.

I will be here for you all to rain shit upon me do not worry.

Tabris

I'm not worried about Anaheim taking the cup anytime soon with Boudreau as their coach.

I believe they are winning the Cup this year. Maybe Detroit? Maybe Colorado? One of those 3.

I hope Canucks do but 2.8% to even make the playoffs, so that's just hope right now... but what's my new saying?
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

yyzjohn

Banned
I believe they are winning the Cup this year. Maybe Detroit? Maybe Colorado? One of those 3.

I hope Canucks do but 2.8% to even make the playoffs, so that's just hope right now... but what's my new saying?
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Are you serious or are you doing a bit?

Merguson

Banned
Phil Kessel slammed his stick on the ice Tuesday morning and muttered words that began with the letters "W," "T" and "F" loud enough for most of us to hear in the stands at Air Canada Centre.

A simple drill went awry when Tyler Bozak's pass didn't get to him, and Kessel was displaying his frustration.

Relationship with Bozak over.

Sanjuro

:lol

Don't shoot the messenger!

I sincerely hope the Leafs get their shit together in time to make the playoffs. A potential Habs-Leafs series would be epic and I can't believe the Habs will be the only god damn Canadian team in the playoffs for crying out loud!/

Besides being two Canadian teams, Habs-Leafs seems like it would be boring as sin. The hockey would certainly be better against the Bolts. Nobody gives a shit about them though.

Game was still great last night. More positives to take away than negatives.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Leafs and Blues have the same save percentage, but the Leafs have 800 more shots allowed.

Lawl.

Dat defense.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm on the re-sign Weaver bandwagon right now, perfect 6-7 defenceman if we can sign him to $1.5 or something.
Agreed, his penalty killing is fantastic, really, really impressed with his play. The exact type of player who will thrive in the playoffs too. I'd like to see something like this next season:

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Emelin
Gorges-Tinordi
Weaver-Pateryn

With Tinordi & Beaulieu moving up the lineup throughout the year. Problem is that every D man plays on the left side naturally except for Subban.

yyzjohn

Banned
You don't understand. It's all REIMAH!

They're talking about the season average save % which is something like .916. Reimer has been well below that for awhile now. Since late November he's been .900 or worse, and the last 5 games something like .880. It's Bernier's numbers that bring the Leafs numbers up.

Sanjuro

They're talking about the season average save % which is something like .916. Reimer has been well below that for awhile now. Since late November he's been .900 or worse, and the last 5 games something like .880. It's Bernier's numbers that bring the Leafs numbers up.

He had a few good games since coming back. Again, it's tough to be successful with that team in front of him. I'm all for MacIntyre getting the playing time right now.

yyzjohn

Banned
He had a few good games since coming back. Again, it's tough to be successful with that team in front of him. I'm all for MacIntyre getting the playing time right now.

Yeah but the last 5 starts he hasn't been giving even league average goaltending. Tough to play when you're down 3-0 in the first and the other team can shut it down. I'm not letting the team off the hook, they need elite goaltending to win, but he hasn't even provided AVERAGE goaltending. If he did over the last 5 games, they could have won at least 2 of those, or maybe gotten OT points in others.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Too many good games tonight, I'd like to see Teuvo make his debut, but I'll have to catch the condensed version with Leafs / Habs playing.

Sanjuro

Yeah but the last 5 starts he hasn't been giving even league average goaltending. Tough to play when you're down 3-0 in the first and the other team can shut it down. I'm not letting the team off the hook, they need elite goaltending to win, but he hasn't even provided AVERAGE goaltending. If he did over the last 5 games, they could have won at least 2 of those, or maybe gotten OT points in others.

I was talking about this the other day. Just don't see the purpose in throwing out Bernier if he isn't ready. I'd be a bit more cautious on his development, as he is the only one of the three who is being handled with kid gloves (or should be).

Acid08

Banned
You know your system is totally fucked when you NEED elite goaltending to win. Let the other team dance around in your zone for 75% of a game and I don't think the results will be much different overall.

Anyway, Scrivens is in tonight for the Barons. Will he have another record breaking shutout? Stay tuned!

yyzjohn

Banned
I was talking about this the other day. Just don't see the purpose in throwing out Bernier if he isn't ready. I'd be a bit more cautious on his development, as he is the only one of the three who is being handled with kid gloves (or should be).

There's only 9 games left, if he gets re-injured he has the entire off season to recover. Without him they're not a playoff team and right now they just want to make it in. Not like they're winning a Cup anyway, they just want another playoff round.

Sanjuro

You know your system is totally fucked when you NEED elite goaltending to win. Let the other team dance around in your zone for 75% of a game and I don't think the results will be much different overall.

Anyway, Scrivens is in tonight for the Barons. Will he have another record breaking shutout? Stay tuned!

I wouldn't go that far. Everything changes in a few weeks. That elite goaltending can make pretty much all the difference there.

...but yeah, ideally you don't want crash test dummies skating around in front of your net.

There's only 9 games left, if he gets re-injured he has the entire off season to recover. Without him they're not a playoff team and right now they just want to make it in. Not like they're winning a Cup anyway, they just want another playoff round.

It's more mental than physical. You don't toss a goaltending project out to the wolves while he is still developing if you don't have to.

yyzjohn

Banned

It looks worse than it is. The team seems to play with less confidence with Reimer in just because of his style of play and shit rebound control. When they have someone they can trust they play better, still get out-shot but are at least in games.

There's no sugar coating it though, team can't play D with any sort of consistency. Not sure if it's a systems thing, or just the wrong collection of players.

Acid08

Banned
I wouldn't go that far. Everything changes in a few weeks. That elite goaltending can make pretty much all the difference there.

...but yeah, ideally you don't want crash test dummies skating around in front of your net.
Well yeah, the playoffs are different. Goalies can steal entire series as long as the team in front of them can score as well. But you look at Chicago winning Cups with Niemi and Crawford, neither of which can be considered "elite" goaltenders. But those teams play good team defense from top to bottom which is just as beneficial as having a Quick/'11 Thomas/Miller. Probably even more so.

Samyy

Well yeah, the playoffs are different. Goalies can steal entire series as long as the team in front of them can score as well. But you look at Chicago winning Cups with Niemi and Crawford, neither of which can be considered "elite" goaltenders. But those teams play good team defense from top to bottom which is just as beneficial as having a Quick/'11 Thomas/Miller. Probably even more so.

Not to mention its just bad to watch your team unable to leave the zone for extend periods of time constantly

Sanjuro

That's why playoff hockey is the best. The regular season isn't quite as useless as the NBA, but getting closer to the end, there are certainly some games where you're on cruise control. That's why I adored the lockout season. Ton of great hockey.

Last nights game was a nice jolt of caffeine.

yyzjohn

Banned
Not to mention its just bad to watch your team unable to leave the zone for extend periods of time constantly

Don't worry son, Claude Loiselle said Clarkson is a big game playoff type performer, and these next 9 games are just like the playoffs. He's gonna feast.

pringles

Another kid playing his first NHL game for the Wings tonight. Mitch Callahan. He's had a good season in Grand Rapids, 25 goals, good for 10th best in the AHL.

Think that's like the 8th NHL debut we've had this year. Dat youth movement.

Top Bottom