• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

zedge

20 of those in three games skews the numbers a bit. Still, not bad for a collection of useless plugs.

Useless Plugs? You speaking about the Canuck fan base?

One of the top rookies in goals, lots of young talent right now. At least the future looks bright for the Flames. Plugs.. :lol Classy.

yyzjohn

Banned
A follow up book to the Audacity of Hope? BOUGHT

He doesn't know it yet, but a lifetime of watching the Leafs will spur him to write this look back book years from now:

51snUm2.jpg

Another kid playing his first NHL game for the Wings tonight. Mitch Callahan. He's had a good season in Grand Rapids, 25 goals, good for 10th best in the AHL.

Think that's like the 8th NHL debut we've had this year. Dat youth movement.

And he is a pest, and can fight. Will be interesting to see if he can rough of Columbus after last time we played them.

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 56m
Dineen "sometimes it's based on personnel and my feeling is, you work with what you have"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 57m
Dineen "I would sit back and think, we'll you have Pronger, Niedermayer and Beauchemin so you can sit there and play that style"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 58m
Kevin Dineen on TSN Radio last week "I coached the Ducks farm team when Carlyle coached the Ducks & we had to mimic his style"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Mike Smith's injury wasn't as bad as expected. Day to day with a minor knee sprain. So at least Brass didn't hurt him too badly.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wsox and other PS4 people, I have joined you in the sun.

Picked up a PS4 and Infamous.

My PSN ID is... SmileyFM. I think.

In other news, after being injury-free for 10 years, Henrik has now missed games due to injury on two separate occasions. Someone's getting old.

zedge

Speaking of PS4.

Thief and Tomb raider are 50% off right now. May double dip on TR, one of my fav games last year and the PS4 version looks really good.

Mr.Green

Besides being two Canadian teams, Habs-Leafs seems like it would be boring as sin. The hockey would certainly be better against the Bolts. Nobody gives a shit about them though.

Game was still great last night. More positives to take away than negatives.

To you it would. But not to Leafs-GAF and Habs-GAF!

And it would be a series we'd stand a chance of winning, unlike against your fucking goons!

Razorskin

----- ------
Besides being two Canadian teams, Habs-Leafs seems like it would be boring as sin. The hockey would certainly be better against the Bolts. Nobody gives a shit about them though.

Game was still great last night. More positives to take away than negatives.

Yeah it would be pretty boring sweeping the Leafs, give me a good opponent.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

And it would be a series we'd stand a chance of winning, unlike against your fucking goons!
Montreal is the only team in the East I could see beating the Bruins in the playoffs. Maybe the Flyers too, but Habs are in the Bruin's head as well as Rask.

Sanjuro

:jnc

Yes. The one goal Rask gave up to the Habs last night proves without a doubt that the Canadiens are in his head.

I mean it's not like there is any other data to help this point out...

Stop making me stick up for Florida teams!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of PS4.

Thief and Tomb raider are 50% off right now. May double dip on TR, one of my fav games last year and the PS4 version looks really good.

Yeah, I was considering getting TR on the One when it is half price on Friday. Played it on the 360 so I may not double dip though.

Red_Man

Rask all time vs Montreal 3-10-3

Every time Sanjuro post this is what I imagine on the other side :

106967_5_.jpg

Sanjuro

What does that link have to do with anything? You brought up a goaltender's win/loss records in direct comparison to that said goaltender's performance.

That is incredibly laughable.

Red_Man

What does that link have to do with anything? You brought up a goaltender's win/loss records in direct comparison to that said goaltender's performance.

That is incredibly laughable.
95-49-18 against the rest of the league, and he's been noticeably sub par in the majority of games against Montreal, and everyone acknowledges this accept you.

I forget who posted it, but someone said you were Tabris with a recent championship, it's so true.

Edit: here we go

Sanjuro is Tabris with a recent title.

And I now realize Curufinwe is banned.

trifelife

Useless Plugs? You speaking about the Canuck fan base?

One of the top rookies in goals, lots of young talent right now. At least the future looks bright for the Flames. Plugs.. :lol Classy.

Listen jabroni, The Rock says this: There has never
AND THE ROCK MEANS NEVER
been a larger collection of trailer trash walking God's green earth than the Calgary Flames fan base. In fact, you are the only people who can make Edmontonians look civilized. Know your role, shut your mouth and Monahan your ass back to Medicine Hat if you smell what The Rock is cookin'.

In all seriousness though, there's no reason to get defensive and attack a fan base. Not sure what that has to do with anything anyways, but "classy" bro, as you say.

Yes, Calgary has a few decent pieces but they're bottom five or six in almost every measurable team statistic. Glencross, Westgarth, McGrattan, O'Brian, et al. Plugs everywhere. That's not going to change because of a few players with second and third line talent that can shoot the puck. Where are the Flames headed, contending for a wild card spot in two years?

Sanjuro

95-49-18 against the rest of the league, and he's been noticeably sub par in the majority of games against Montreal, and everyone acknowledges this accept you.

I forget who posted it, but someone said you were Tabris with a recent championship, it's so true.

You are still using win/loss records, which is outstanding.

Boston and Montreal are rivals. They meet each other more than most other teams, and regularly start their primary goaltenders. If I wanted to look up some useless statistics, I would even say that Thomas probably has a losing record against them.

Also, how do I resemble Tabris exactly? I know you have gone full troll, but at least give some substance to your posts once and a while.

Red_Man

Eller, White and Tinordi back in for Bouillon, Moen & Weise. Nice to see that depth being put to use now.

zedge

AND THE ROCK MEANS NEVER
been a larger collection of trailer trash walking God's green earth than the Calgary Flames fan base. In fact, you are the only people who can make Edmontonians look civilized. Know your role, shut your mouth and Monahan your ass back to Medicine Hat if you smell what The Rock is cookin'.

In all seriousness though, there's no reason to get defensive and attack a fan base. Not sure what that has to do with anything anyways, but "classy" bro, as you say.

Yes, Calgary has a few decent pieces but they're bottom five or six in almost every measurable team statistic. Glencross, Westgarth, McGrattan, O'Brian, et al. Plugs everywhere. That's not going to change because of a few players with second and third line talent that can shoot the puck. Where are the Flames headed, contending for a wild card spot in two years?
Sorry..who was burning cars in the streets?

Are you new here? Everything is fair game. ;) :lol @ Rock :) Hitman >>>>> Rock

You realize the Flames are year one of a rebuild with a ways to go? I didn't say they are cup contenders. However there are already signs of improvement, and a more rapid turn around then the Oilers and their never ending rebuild. Every team has players like Mcgrattan and Westgarth. There are are still lots of changes to be made and a few seasons to get there. Any Flames fan knows that. Saying that, look at most of their games this season. Majority are one goal losses. Pretty damn good for a team of plugs. Fans here are excited about the future of the team. They are a lunchpail hard working lose bunch. A breath of fresh air to the drama and controversy surrounding most other Canadian teams at the moment. Also entertaining to watch which they have not been in years.

Razorskin

----- ------
AND THE ROCK MEANS NEVER

10/10

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I will say I like the way Hartley coaches. Really aggressive forcheck and have a quick transition game from what I've seen, but creates a lot of opportunities for the opposing team. Leads to some exciting games.

zedge

I will say I like the way Hartley coaches. Really aggressive forcheck and have a quick transition game from what I've seen, but creates a lot of opportunities for the opposing team. Leads to some exciting games.

Agree. And the blocking of shots has lead to a lot of breakaways and short handed goals for them. Pretty crazy for a team with no playoff hopes. It shows a good work ethic and attitude, that's a big reflection on the coaching.

Top Bottom