• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

You're alive!

Come bitch with me. My bitching has been pretty tame since I've seemingly become the bitchiest Rangers fan here. I need you back buddy!

I've been staying out of here because we've been winning and also IRL I've been crazy busy with school.

Lose to Calgary tho? IM BACK.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ok I'll give you a sample.

During the 2 weeks we seperated, she says she tried to text me but couldnt because there was no wifi in Vegas and that texting was a $1 too expensive lol.

Smash88

Banned
5hL7t3k.jpg

GG9vZO5.png

Smash88

Banned
"Remember that one time the Pens didn't choke in the playoffs? That was awesome."

Not as bad as the Leafs did last year against Boston.

Told my friends the only reason the Leafs made it last year was because of the shortened season, right before the usual Leaf year end collapse. No one believed me.

The Leafs never fail to impress me. Every year they come out with spectacular ways to fail.

Told my friends the only reason the Leafs made it last year was because of the shortened season, right before the usual Leaf year end collapse. No one believed me.

If that helps you rationalize your shitty team's penchant for doing the exact same goddamn thing the Leafs do every year, feel free to do so.

Fact of the matter is, both are equally as hilarious to watch from a distance. It's just that it's roughly ten times more pathetic when you guys do it, since you have a much more stacked roster than they do.

But welcome back just in time to bandwagon them for the playoffs after being AWOL the entire season like the rest of Pens-GAF. I'm sure we'll enjoy your four week stay.

Smash88

Banned
If that helps you rationalize your shitty team's penchant for doing the exact same goddamn thing the Leafs do every year, feel free to do so.

Fact of the matter is, both are equally as hilarious to watch from a distance. It's just that it's roughly ten times more pathetic when you guys do it, since you have a much more stacked roster than they do.

But welcome back just in time to bandwagon them for the playoffs after being AWOL the entire season like the rest of Pens-GAF. I'm sure we'll enjoy your four week stay.

I've been here. I've posted on and off. I just can't stay silent after watching the debacle that was Leafs vs Flyers. It was just sad.

Every team has their own failures from TIME TO TIME - but every season? This is getting a bit ridiculous at this point, wouldn't you say so?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
To be fair, the Pens meltdowns happen in the playoffs and are mostly because of Fleury.

The Leafs just collapse as a team every single spring, which I find much more amusing to watch, honestly. They both have entertainment value though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Are we talking about the Pens or Leafs?

I think he means the Pens.

Because if you deny that the Leafs are a failure every single year you've been following hockey for even less time than Tabris.

So like, halfway since its inception in 2004.

I think he means the Pens.

Because if you deny that the Leafs are a failure every single year you've been following hockey for even less time than Tabris.

So like, halfway since its inception in 2004.

Thought so.

Then yes, Smash, your team's roster - which should be a perennial contender for a Finals appearance - melting down every single year in the playoffs is getting a little ridiculous.

Glad we could agree on that.

yyzjohn

Banned

The Leafs never fail to impress me. Every year they come out with spectacular ways to fail.

Schadenfreude isn't a good state to be in dude. Says something about you that you take this much enjoyment out of it.

Schadenfreude isn't a good state to be in dude. Says something about you that you take this much enjoyment out of it.

That shit goes on all the time in here, the four years I've been here I've seen the Avs have a lot of it aimed at them and I've definitely dished some out as well. It's less harmful than alcohol at least.

I might miss the game today. Try not to be too much of a dick when the shorks beat us Acid.

yyzjohn

Banned
That shit goes on all the time in here, the four years I've been here I've seen the Avs have a lot of it aimed at them and I've definitely dished some out as well. It's less harmful than alcohol at least.

Sure to a certain extent, but based on replies to that poster it seems like thats all he does all the time. To get your enjoyment out of someone else's failure isn't good for a person.

I try to be more positive in my life now, negativity is bad all around. I mean after Leafs are out I could care less what happens and who wins the Cup, rooting for teams to fail is just negative energy. I think more a more positive approach to everything is better.

Why would people hate the Avs? They're awesome.

It was mostly from former north west division teams. Or rather, the Canucks circle jerk that is now on life support.
Sure to a certain extent, but based on replies to that poster it seems like thats all he does all the time. To get your enjoyment out of someone else's failure isn't good for a person.

I try to be more positive in my life now, negativity is bad all around. I mean after Leafs are out I could care less what happens and who wins the Cup, rooting for teams to fail is just negative energy. I think more a more positive approach to everything is better.

Self improvement is great. Just for the love of fuck don't go to the Tabris school of positivity plz.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You get criticized either way.

Positive after 18 wheeler 2014 = blind fan hurr durr MLSE will never change cause you fans keep supporting then.

Negative after 18 wheeler 2014 = bandwagon fans who aren't 'true' fans.

Unless Leiweke takes a good long hard look at the crown jewel in MLSE and has a plan and makes a concentrated effort to fix this; yes, we're in for a rough ride.

- Get a new GM that is more shrewd and willing to make changes when necessary.
- Tell that GM to hunt for a coach that isn't just a sloppy defensive coach but one who can instruct in the game
- Buy out Clarkson I don't think we can trade him with the NTC clause...and I'm not sure any teams want him after this season especially at that price unless he agrees to a trade and we trade but also retain salary...
- Reimer, Franson, enforcers are gone. Revamp and take a chance on the kids.
- Emphasis on speed and skill. We can do what other teams have done and emulate a good team for once instead of griping about blindly.
- Fuck this 9-11 draft pick...get more scouts in Europe to get that surprise player. We have never stolen a franchise or generational player in the lower picks. Canada and America have a ton of scouts and media around already and there are rarely surprises

At this point I don't want to cheer for another team cause the stench of our failures would inevitably bring them down.

yyzjohn

Banned
You get criticized either way.

Positive after 18 wheeler 2014 = blind fan hurr durr MLSE will never change cause you fans keep supporting then.

Negative after 18 wheeler 2014 = bandwagon fans who aren't 'true' fans.

Unless Leiweke takes a good long hard look at the crown jewel in MLSE and has a plan and makes a concentrated effort to fix this; yes, we're in for a rough ride.

- Get a new GM that is more shrewd and willing to make changes when necessary.
- Tell that GM to hunt for a coach that isn't just a sloppy defensive coach but one who can instruct in the game
- Buy out Clarkson I don't think we can trade him with the NTC clause...and I'm not sure any teams want him after this season especially at that price unless he agrees to a trade and we trade but also retain salary...
- Reimer, Franson, enforcers are gone. Revamp and take a chance on the kids.
- Emphasis on speed and skill. We can do what other teams have done and emulate a good team for once instead of griping about blindly.
- Fuck this 9-11 draft pick...get more scouts in Europe to get that surprise player. We have never stolen a franchise or generational player in the lower picks. Canada and America have a ton of scouts and media around already and there are rarely surprises

At this point I don't want to cheer for another team cause the stench of our failures would inevitably bring them down.

I started an Off Season hockey thread. Hope that's ok. This post would go well in there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=106203620#post106203620

Ah excellent, Smash is back. Or as I like to call it "The most intolerable part of every postseason that isn't Tabris".

Good thing there won't be a Tabris this postseason.

So Smash, I gotta ask, who was wearing a Leafs jersey when they tickled your junk when you were just a child?

The Pens blow and are a terrible team. Enjoy another year of being overrated and exiting early.

Wild play against Phoenix tonight. Pretty much a four point game. Have to win this if they want to make the playoffs.

If they lose, the route to the playoffs is going to be a helluva lot harder.

Top Bottom