• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Solo

Dude has to start passing to A.Gally, he's looked him off a good 3-4 times over the past week on great chances.

Yep. The worst one was last game where it was a 3 on 2. BGally was obviously trying to get Pleky a hattie, but AGally was the trailer and basically had a surefire goal if BGally had made the right play.

Same thing on that play that just happened. All BGally had to do was drop it to AGally for an almost certain goal.

The Gallys played together MUCH better last season.

Goalies are a LOT bigger and better than they used to be, equipment is huge, and shot blocking from D-men/forwards + deflections are way higher than they used to be.

I think it's just more guys are scoring instead of the traditional 1 or 2 per team that rack up 40-50 goals. I don't have any numbers, but I have to guess there are more 15, 20, and 25+ goal scorers per team than there used to be.

Ah, these make sense. So it's a combination of scoring being spread out, better (?) shot-blocking, and better goalie play/equipment.

A lot of goalies have difficulty when they don't see any shots for long periods of time.

I'm talking about the difference between BUF and STL. When he's not stopping 40-50 shots a game without a real defense in front of him, he tends to let in soft goals.

He's overly aggressive when he doesn't need to be.

Solo

I love that every time they show Patches and Vanek on the bench they are chatting eachother up.

dat chemistry
such bromance

In others news, the Pistons are about to lose to the Sixer's who haven't won in 26 games...

Yeah basketball junk but it was on the front page of ESPN.

So it could be worse Leafs!

pringles

Fucking Blue Jackets won in OT. You had one job Carolina!!!
I've got them as a lock for the playoffs. Ain't no stopping that train. We have to worry about ourselves first and Washington/Toronto second.
Does anyone miss the net more than Tartar. Sammuelsson doesn't count
He's never taken a shot where he's not going for the top corner. Love the kid but he has a lot to learn still. Nyquist is scoring more despite having a much worse shot, just by being smarter about how he uses it.

Solo

If you had told me a month ago that Montreal would have a chance at 100 points I might have died of laughter. Now it's possible if they can pick up 7 of a remaining 12 points.

ZeroGravity

PFnVbj7.gif

kostka pls

Top Bottom