• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So this team is a shit show now. Toews is hurt. We essentially pissed away home ice to the Avs.

First round exit ahoy!

I guess baseball starts tomorrow. At least I expect the Sox to be horrible. They won't let me down and anything positive at all will be more than I expected.

I feel like a Leafs fan.

You mean Crazed. You feel like Crazed.

Stasis

Rangers up 5-0 and they put the #1 PP out? Does Hitchcock coach there now?

Moore and Boyle were out there. It's 4 mins long, some of the talented guys will be out there at some point, lol.

And yeah, what Meta said. Our top PP is Brass and crew.

Stasis

Im kind of in awe at these Oilers fans still sitting there.

Bottom of the barrel again this season, down 5-0 at the end of third. Two shorties. That's some dedication to still be there waiting for a lone goal.

Velcro Fly

Hope Toews is ok. I know what it's like to see your captain go down and miss significant time due to injury. It was a crushing hit but I don't think it was dirty. Just more awkward than anything.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Im kind of in awe at these Oilers fans still sitting there.

Bottom of the barrel again this season, down 5-0 at the end of third. Two shorties. That's some dedication to still be there waiting for a lone goal.

It's Edmonton. What else is there to do?

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 24s
#Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews day-to-day, according to coach Joel Quenneville. "I don't think it's serious."

Stasis

Still no MSL goal. Not even a point =/

I don't really mind since we're finding ways to win most of the time, but I really hope he turns it up in the playoffs and next year.

Hopefully he can actually be back to 100% soonish. If it isn't that bad, they might as well just rest him. 100% Toews would be bigger than home ice, I think.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You've probably seen Handzus play but you probably thought the image on the screen was frozen because it looked like he wasn't moving.
That's still faster than Murray can skate. If he was any slower he would be reverse aging like Benjamin Button.

trifelife

Maybe you should watch it again then. He clearly leads into the hit with his shoulder. I am the chief defender against dirty hits, and I hate Orpik. Still a clean hit.

So that's why his shoulder doesn't make contact with anything? He also extends his arm through his target, which is not necessary.

Saying you're against dirty hits but justifying one where a player leaves his feet and targets the general area of the head well after the puck has been played away is dumb. There should be less interpretation of intent if the goal is to eliminate injuries. Does this meet the criteria of an accepted "dirty" hit? I'd say so.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hopefully he can actually be back to 100% soonish. If it isn't that bad, they might as well just rest him. 100% Toews would be bigger than home ice, I think.

.....you think? You really think that one home game is going to make a bigger difference than having Toews in the lineup?

jidQU6S0JcPUC.jpg

Red_Man

So that's why his shoulder doesn't make contact with anything? He also extends his arm through his target, which is not necessary.

Saying you're against dirty hits but justifying one where a player leaves his feet and targets the general area of the head well after the puck has been played away is dumb. There should be less interpretation of intent if the goal is to eliminate injuries. Does this meet the criteria of an accepted "dirty" hit? I'd say so.
846299426.gif

So you're telling me he extends his arm here, leaves his feet, and targeted the head? Weird because he actually brings his arm into his body, he doesn't leave his feet until after the hit from the momentum, and was going shoulder for shoulder but Toews was lowering his body. The principle point of contact is the shoulder. You also say the puck is played "well after" yet it still makes contact with Toews stick less then a second before he gets hit. You should get your glasses checked, I can't believe I have to defend an Oprik hit.

It honestly wasn't a bad hit, man. He left his feet after the hit too. Not during.

he doesn't leave his feet until after the hit from the momentum

You can clearly see him push off with his left leg. And the bolded part doesn't make sense. He doesn't do a flying elbow like we've seen before, but it's the type of hitting I'd like to see less of.

I don't think it was a head-shot either though. Just a really hard and brutally effective hit.

Red_Man

You can clearly see him push off with his left leg. And the bolded part doesn't make sense.

I don't think it was a head-shot either though. Just a really hard and brutally effective hit.
When you launch yourself at that speed most of the time the momentum will lift you up a bit, happens in a lot of hits. He wasn't off his feet when he hit Toews, but yea just a brutally hard hit.

Top Bottom