• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

trifelife

I can't believe I have to defend an Oprik hit.

Dude.

His arm is brought towards his body, yes. But then it is swung forward and extended once he has two hands on the stick.

Look at how he leaves his feet. The momentum is clearly upwards and to inflict damage, not a by-product of impact.

Sure, ok. The puck has just left Toews' stick. But Orpik is never even looking for the puck. Take a look from the overhead shot. From the hash marks on, he takes a run.

"That's a good check. The shoulder makes contact with the side of the head. ...b-b-but it's still a good hit." Don't be a knuckle dragger and accept this double standard. Shit's no good for hockey, why defend it?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Did Milbury say something stupid tonight?

Mike Milbury said:
Dude.

His arm is brought towards his body, yes. But then it is swung forward and extended once he has two hands on the stick.

Look at how he leaves his feet. The momentum is clearly upwards and to inflict damage, not a by-product of impact.

Sure, ok. The puck has just left Toews' stick. But Orpik is never even looking for the puck. Take a look from the overhead shot. From the hash marks on, he takes a run.

"That's a good check. The shoulder makes contact with the side of the head. ...b-b-but it's still a good hit." Don't be a knuckle dragger and accept this double standard. Shit's no good for hockey, why defend it?

Marvie_3

Banned
Dude.

iifnjqgU5Ggwi.gif

Red_Man

Tabris

I title this 0.05%

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our fallen fans.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a fan
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of goal horns blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of Johnny Canuck;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a stantion
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest Canucks.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Stanley Cup winners,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And laid down their sticks for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good fans,
Whose limbs were made in Vancouver, show us here
The mettle of your ice rink; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like Orcas in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Henrik, Daniel, and the Vancouver Canucks!'

ZeroGravity

Updated chances of making playoffs:
100% - Tampa Bay
100% - Los Angeles
100% - Montreal
99.7% - New York Rangers
98.4% - Philadelphia
83.7% - Minnesota
80.9% - Detroit
78.8% - Columbus
63.1% - Dallas
52.6% - Phoenix
20.2% - Washington
14.3% - New Jersey
04.9% - Toronto
02.3% - Ottawa
00.5% - Vancouver
00.4% - Carolina

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The fuck is a tim tam? Sounds like a pom pom or something like that

I told my friend in Toronto the same and he also didn't know what TimTams were.

Do those only exist on the west coast or what? They're like Wafers covered in chocolate.

Red_Man

Do those only exist on the west coast or what? They're like Wafers covered in chocolate.
I've never heard or seen one, and I have a pretty big sweet tooth. I'm going to assume it's a west coast thing.

Sanjuro

It's more of a Northeast thing.

They are only available for brief periods of time, or at least they used to be.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's more of a Northeast thing.

They are only available for brief periods of time, or at least they used to be.

......... I live in Vancouver, they've been here all the time I've been here. (so, at least 5 years)

So they're probably more of a coastal thing in general? Weird. Anyway, they're delicious.

Sanjuro

......... I live in Vancouver, they've been here all the time I've been here. (so, at least 5 years)

So they're probably more of a coastal thing in general? Weird. Anyway, they're delicious.

You know how I remember? Pepperidge Farm remembers. They are a New England based company who produce them here.

In Canada, no clue. Only thing I know Montreal had that we didn't were Oh Henry bars. Bastards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam

Markets: Australia, Canada, France, GCC, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, The Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Sweden, and the United States.

USA

Pepperidge Farm, a sister company of Arnott's, brought the Tim Tam to the United States in the fall of 2008,[10] with select distribution of caramel and chocolate crème flavours in Target stores exclusively, but nationwide. At that time, Pepperidge Farm launched an online community site that allowed users to track the cookies' journey from Australia to U.S. stores. The Tim Tams are still "Made in Australia" and bear the slogan "Australia's Favorite Cookie."

In the fall of 2009, Pepperidge Farm announced that Tim Tam biscuits would be made available each year between October and March (although still available year-round in some of the northern states), in various stores. The brand also premiered the Classic Dark flavour in the United States, in addition to extending distribution of Caramel and Chocolate Crème flavours to supermarkets and grocery stores across the country. A 7-ounce/200g package contains 11 biscuits.

Tim Tams available from "Cost Plus World Markets" in the USA are branded "Arnott's Original" rather than "Tim Tam".

Red_Man

I can't help but watch sometimes for Amanda Lang.
I've never watched their financial show, I'm referring to his appearances on Dragon's Den & Shark Tank. Guy just tears people apart and tries to give them the worst offers.

ShaneB

I've never watched their financial show, I'm referring to his appearances on Dragon's Den & Shark Tank. Guy just tears people apart and tries to give them the worst offers.

Yeah, I meant to edit my reply since it didn't make any sense in response to the Dragon's Den gif. lol

Top Bottom