• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

ZeroGravity

lol at Cherry blaming how bad the majority of the Canadian teams are this year on players not wanting to play in Canada because of pressure and taxes

Or, you know, maybe most of them are just horribly run organizations.

Sanjuro

lol at Cherry blaming how bad the majority of the Canadian teams are this year on players not wanting to play in Canada because of pressure and taxes

Or, you know, maybe most of them are just horribly run organizations.

aka. Why Florida remains relevant in sports.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Every Canadian team excluding Montreal has mediocre to terrible management, and Montreal was included until Bergevin came in.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Well taxes are no doubt a problem for some players, but you shouldn't be building a winning team through free agency anyway.

Sanjuro

Well taxes are no doubt a problem for some players, but you shouldn't be building a winning team through free agency anyway.

Again, Florida.

The same type of player who wants to make as much as possible, but not have to worry about fans or media scrutiny are often one in the same.

Maybe we're all banned and Smiley is the only one that isn't? We're all actually in NeoGAF heaven where- no wait, angels are harking Tabris' shitty poem. We're still alive and in hell.

zedge

Maybe the NHL should do a champions league esque cup. One Canadian team vs a US team through elimination games. 50% chance for a cup. ;)

Red_Man

Maybe we're all banned and Smiley is the only one that isn't? We're all actually in NeoGAF heaven where- no wait, angels are harking Tabris' shitty poem. We're still alive and in hell.
lyTAA.gif

Socreges

Banned
Every Canadian team excluding Montreal has mediocre to terrible management, and Montreal was included until Bergevin came in.
I feel like GMs almost always have good starts with teams. The fans are fond of them. Then things go south and fans ask for their head. Coaches, too. A natural cycle.

I feel like GMs almost always have good starts with teams. The fans are fond of them. Then things go south and fans ask for their head. Coaches, too. A natural cycle.

I think this only happens in bigger markets. Trotz has been Nashville's coach since the league was formed.

Red_Man

This is true, every coach and GM is hired to be fired. That being said Bergevin has done a lot of good things to get Montreal back on track after the Gauthier Era set us back so far. Seems like a lot of other Canadian teams need a similar shakedown.

Razorskin

----- ------
Tim Bozon family facing large medical bill

Tim Bozon, the WHL player and Montreal Canadiens prospect who was recently discharged from a Saskatoon hospital following a serious bout with meningitis, is now facing a hefty medical bill.

Bozon, a forward for the Kootenay Ice of the WHL, spent one month in the Saskatchewan health care system. It is expected that the medical bill will exceed $100,000.

Because he is from Europe, his health coverage is based upon what his team provides. According to WHL officials, the health insurance carried by the team may fall short.

But Ron Robison, commissioner of the WHL, said the league will rally behind Bozon and his family.

"We're looking to find ways in which we can help the family offset these costs," Robison said Monday.

The league has launched a campaign, inviting the public to make donations to help cover the family's bills.

I hope the Habs chip in, the dude has had it rough.

Tim Bozon, the son of Phil Bozon the former St. Louis Blue. Drafted 64th overall by the Canadiens in 2012, plays for the Kootenay Ice, an import from the Swiss League where his brother Kevin plays.

Solo

This, I'm looking forward to Red's posts in the future with the tag #FireBergevin

Red has blinders with respect to Bergevin and Subban. It's fine, I've had 'em myself many a times for certain players/coaches (Kovy, Cammy, Eller all come to mind). Those two are certainly Red's.

Solo

The Vanek trade brought Bergevin a lot of goodwill, certainly more than he lost with his free agent signings.

Definitely. One of his best moves. I like Bergevin, but I also think he's made almost as many poor or questionable moves as good ones. So far, I find him to be an average GM. He's not Jay Feaster, but he's no Sam Pollock either.

Red_Man

The Murray, Parros, signings where dumb, but they came at no cost to the team. Briere now is 3rd or 4th in goals on the team, and is just being mismanaged by Therrien. Bergevin has made some meh signings, but he has only helped this team in the long term, and taken them from 15th to a consistent top 5 eastern team right now. I don't think my favourable opinion of him is unfounded. I'm not really sure what more he could have done at this point to make people take to him more. Even Desharnais has bounced back.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
When Montreal was hovering around the wild card spot at the midway point in the season Bergevin said the team was where he thought they'd be heading into the season, meaning he didn't see them as legit contenders yet, so I can see the Bouillon/Murray singings as stop gap solutions. The Vanek trade surprised me because of this, luckily he didn't give up too much.

The next few years will be more important when he's actually trying to improve the team, so hopefully we don't see anymore Murray's. All that "character" talk had me worried early on though.

zedge

Tim Bozon family facing large medical bill

I hope the Habs chip in, the dude has had it rough.

Tim Bozon, the son of Phil Bozon the former St. Louis Blue. Drafted 64th overall by the Canadiens in 2012, plays for the Kootenay Ice, an import from the Swiss League where his brother Kevin plays.

Good they are going to help out. It was awesome when the Hitmen all went and shook his hand individually in game 6 of their series. Hitmen lost.. :(

Guy looks like death though, damn that stuff really kicks the shit out of you.

Red_Man

The next few years will be more important when he's actually trying to improve the team, so hopefully we don't see anymore Murray's. All that "character" talk had me worried early on though.
This. These have been two transition years, and the only significant pick he's given up was for Vanek. The next two years are what will really be important for the direction of this team.

Red_Man

Chris Lee reffing tonight, and courtesy of a Habs radio guy, they have 3 wins in 15 games that he's reffed in the last 3 years.

Was he the one calling smelly a pedophile or something for it? :lol

He was definitely saying people were pedophiles, not sure if Smelly was one of them.

Impossible, I'm far too nice to be banned.

Top Bottom