• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

yyzjohn

Banned
All these deals coming in are cool, it's too bad Leafs will be like this

Sj0hdip.jpg

Heretic

What about young John Gibson? Isn't he the ducks future?

Yup but it would be Hiller with Gibson as backup then nothing after that if Andersen got traded. We've had to use the back up of our back up quite a lot. Can't risk calling up some no name scrub just to make you happy! YOU ALREADY TOOK LUBO

Yup but it would be Hiller with Gibson as backup then nothing after that if Andersen got traded. We've had to use the back up of our back up quite a lot. Can't risk calling up some no name scrub just to make you happy! YOU ALREADY TOOK LUBO

Yeah but Sbisa is shit.

I could see a Vanek for Sbisa+Ottawa's 1st

Silexx

What are you celebrating? that we'll have an old, slow has-been on our blueline?

Look, if a team wants to give up a 1st round pick, I'll personally carry Phillips' bags to the airport. But yes, I do happen to like Chris Phillips on this team and still see value in having a veteran 6/7 D-man. Plus, game 5 of SC Finals aside, Phillips actually does pretty well come playoff time.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Look, if a team wants to give up a 1st round pick, I'll personally carry Phillips' bags to the airport. But yes, I do happen to like Chris Phillips on this team and still see value in having a veteran 6/7 D-man. Plus, game 5 of SC Finals aside, Phillips actually does pretty well come playoff time.

I have to wonder...

Doesn't Phillips have any desire to win the cup? Or is he just content with wasting his years in Ottawa, running his restaurant/pub.

yyzjohn

Banned
But do you really want them in on any of this stuff?

The Leafs moves will be in the offseason, what we need to fix can't be resolved in one afternoon.

Oh I know, it's just in years past you'd get all excited for trade deadline day and hope to see a splash made, this year I pretty much expect nothing so it's kinda less fun.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marty Biron @martybiron43

He'll stay with the Rangers. RT“@missionaborted: @martybiron43 care to predict on Callahan? Stay or Go? #TSN #Tradecentre”

I have to wonder...

Doesn't Phillips have any desire to win the cup? Or is he just content with wasting his years in Ottawa, running his restaurant/pub.

He just wants to stay in Ottawa and make a few million more before retiring. He helped Anaheim win a Cup that's good enough for him.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER

Spoiled ass Ducks Gaf. "You can't have Anderson, if he goes we only have two good goalies!!"

SOME OF US HAVE ZERO GOOD GOALIES. SIGN THE DEAL

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
He just wants to stay in Ottawa and make a few million more before retiring. He helped Anaheim win a Cup that's good enough for him.

Ugh, don't remind me about that own goal...

I almost broke my hand punching the arm of my sofa after that goal.

I keep hoping that this is all just a ploy to force Buffalo's hand and trade for the guy they want for fear of not being able to sign their hometown guy

and then I wake up :(

So the Lavi called the Flyers a few days ago and told them that Kessler would be willing to come to Philly, and that is why they are trying to trade for him. Surprised he would hook the Flyers up like that after they fired him.

Var

So the Lavi called the Flyers a few days ago and told they that Kessler would be willing to come to Philly, and that is why they are trying to trade for him. Surprised he would hook the Flyers up like that after they fired him.

More like he is trying to ruin us. He knows we don't need Kesler. He also knows Homer won't be able to resist overpaying for him anyway. Very clever of him.

Cake Boss

Banned
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 45s
#Isles have traded Andrew MacDonald to the Flyers. More to come.

rthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 26s
#Isles get 2014 3rd rounder and a 2015 2nd rounder for MacDonald from the Flyers.
Expand

Speaking of Holmgrem.

Edit: lol at Murray at asking for a 1st rounder for Philips.

Marvie_3

Banned
Weaver to MTL. Tough as nails small, defensive D man. Good role player.

@GeorgeRichards: Brandon Pirri centering #FlaPanthers third line with Huberdeau and Hayes v #Bruins

Pirri in.

HOLY SHIT CLEMM ON WAIVERS
Hopefully Pirri scores 14 goals and says fuck you to Quenneville in the post game interview.

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9 1m
Don't be surprised if Kesler ends up in CHI via a blind three way deal....... Lot going on behind scenes on this one!

lol.
:lol

Kesler to usurp Handzus?
Quenneville would stick Kesler on the 4th line so Handzus wouldn't lose playing time.

Acid08

Banned
Damn I was hoping for MacDonald if Ehrhoff didn't work out. More and more I'm thinking DW isn't going to do much of anything. Fuck.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
After the beating that we took from Ottawa last playoffs, I'm greatly enjoying watching them go down like the Hindenburg. No idea what the purpose of grabbing Weaver was.

Acid08

Banned
Our fucking Director of Scouting is going to be at the Jets game tonight to check out Seto I guess? You'd think the org knows what he brings, jesus christ.

Top Bottom