• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

In a span of 9 months -- the Canucks have traded away Luongo and Schneider. Now they have 2 goalies who have played a combined 68 NHL games.

THIS GUN B GUD

kDXh0Wg.jpg

Worst GM in the league. Some of the worst trades I've ever seen.

Curufinwe

Schneider. Before Bishop's play this season he was the best young guy you could get. Price and Quick weren't going anywhere.

Estimated recapture penalties for 2021-22 if Longo retires in 2021: #Canucks $7.7M and #Panthers zero.

Seems more likely that he would retire in the 2019 offseason when he's 40 or the 2020 offseason when he's 41. Why pay for chump change when you're in your 40's?

2019-20 - $1,618,000
2020-21 - $1,000,000
2020-22 - $1,000,000

lupin23rd

I'm not sure if Booth was a "bad" trade given the two corpses we traded to get him. Unfortunate the way it has turned out but that should have been a fleecing had things worked out.

Getting just a 1st round pick for the best, young goaltender in the league is a bad trade.

I'm staying
Tabristic
optimistic about Horvat's upside.

I put Booth in the bad trade category because his contract was longer than Samuelsson and Sturm's. Sure neither player impressed but at least Florida doesn't have those guys anymore.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
James Duthie said:
unless they pull a huge turnaround I think Gillis is gone at the end of this year. If Gillis is gone, Torts is gone

Which best, young goaltender are you talking about in this case?
Schneider? He was just entering his prime when traded, they could have gotten more for him if they handled the situation better.

I'm staying
Tabristic
optimistic about Horvat's upside.
He has the potential, he's going to have to hit his ceiling for that trade to pan out though.

WEEEELLLLLLLCCCCCOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEE HOOOOOOOOOMMMEEEEEE.

Markstrom has struggled mightily in the NHL. Lou is long term. Brittian is a stud coming from the NCAA and I wouldn't be surprised to take Demko in the 2nd

BOYESSSS YES

TALLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOONNNN

DALÈ

DALÈ

DALÈ

Red_Man

This is a result of the benching, Lu's agent contacted the Canucks on Sunday. Torts should never coach in this league again.

snack

This is a result of the benching, Lu's agent contacted the Canucks on Sunday. Torts should never coach in this league again.

The Sunday game benching was probably the last straw that broke the camel's back.

But now we got another Swede. Fuck, let's just name ourselves the Vancouver Swedenucks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I... Uh...

I'm in lab.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

It's actually happening.

We're rebuilding.

Marksrrom and Matthias is it, no picks?

Eeeeek. Someone tell me something about Matthias.

Jesus fucking Christ though.

I... Someone hold me.

Red_Man

This is what twitter was created for. It's glorious.

Canucks go from the best goalie tandem in the league to this :

#Canucks goaltending tandem now has 20 NHL wins & 68 appearances with Markstrom (11, 43) & Lack (9, 25).

Hello rebuild. Well now we've got 3 high end goalie prospects. I hope one of them is decent.

Time to change my avatar though. Gillis is an embarrassment.

RC

Banned
I... Uh...

I'm in lab.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

It's actually happening.

We're rebuilding.

Marksrrom and Matthias is it, no picks?

Eeeeek. Someone tell me something about Matthias.

Jesus fucking Christ though.

I... Someone hold me.

I let loose a very audible sigh in class when I got the trade update.

Top Bottom