• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Marvie_3

Banned
Holy fuck Loluongo is done!!!

Why the fuck didn't they do this last year and keep Schiender?!?!

kDXh0Wg.jpg

This is a result of the benching, Lu's agent contacted the Canucks on Sunday. Torts should never coach in this league again.

No, he should keep coaching. It's always a circus fire wherever he goes. Makes things more entertaining.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Horvat is now in the same position Eller was when he got here. He's going to have even more pressure on him to perform, hopefully for him he handles it better then Eller.

calder

I... Uh...

I'm in lab.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

It's actually happening.

We're rebuilding.

Marksrrom and Matthias is it, no picks?

Eeeeek. Someone tell me something about Matthias.

Jesus fucking Christ though.

I... Someone hold me.

A stone faced Smelly grimly tosses an extra batch of meth into the cooker. :(

I wonder how much salary the Canucks are eating. It has to be significant considering the only other option they had was a compliance buy-out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
SOMEONE TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT MATTHIAS BEFORE I MAKE A MISTAKE HERE
Bob McKenzie said:
Matthias is a guy who teases you into thinking he's a 2nd line C at times or a solid 3. He's a guy Tortorella will like.....when Matthias isn't scoring he's a 4th line guy who is just happy to be in the lineup

ShaneB

Wow....

Wow!

And yes, Sportsnet and TSN are going crazy that all of this isn't happening tomorrow, but I suppose it makes for lots of talk anyway!

This is a result of the benching, Lu's agent contacted the Canucks on Sunday. Torts should never coach in this league again.

If Aquilini hears about this, I wouldn't be surprised to see him can Gillis and Torts.

Sure they got a decent return for Luongo, but wasn't this brought up last year and Florida wasn't willing to move Markstrom? Their opinion must've cooled on him.

Matthias is a bottom-six centre so that doesn't help much.

First Bure, and now Luongo. Management knows how to run their star players out of town to Florida.

Mr.Green

You're all crazy. All of you!

Luongo is about the most overrated player in the history of the god damn league.

Good. Fucking. Riddance.

I'm so getting tarred and feathered

As someone who has lived in Vancouver for the past decade+, this is awesome. Good luck Lou, hopefully everything works out, you always deserved better than the idiocy you were subjected to in Vancouver.
signed - a Flyers fan
Enjoy the rebuild!

PS. They gotta move Kesler now while his value is high (although I think he has a great cap hit anyway so you could argue they should keep him)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If only Toronto would've taken Lou last season. See what you made Gillis do, Leafs?
We didn't want to give up young centres for an aging goalie.

Blame your idiot GM for mismanagement. Trades Schneider who was a starter and now trades their other starter. Cap space. FOR WHAT?!?! Now you need a new no.1 unless Lack is ready.

Marvie_3

Banned
Wow....

Wow!

And yes, Sportsnet and TSN are going crazy that all of this isn't happening tomorrow, but I suppose it makes for lots of talk anyway!

Exactly. They'll have something to talk about now instead of sitting there for 6 hours whining about how no trades have gone down.

iLLmAtlc

Blame your idiot GM for mismanagement. Trades Schneider who was a starter and now trades their other starter. Cap space. FOR WHAT?!?! Now you need a new no.1 unless Lack is ready.

Last offer Nonis rejected was Scrivens + 2nd

not that Leafs need him anyway now that they have Bernier

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

no no no you forgot

the leafs were willing to part with both bozak and Kadri- they were balking at Gardiner being added

then bozak and kadri became hot and Leafs basically shut down any chance of a trade

it went from Bozak + Kadri + Gardiner + 1st to Bozak + Kadri + 1st, then Bozak and Kadri, then somehow ended up at Scrivens and 2nd.

Zeppeli

Banned
I'm getting the feeling I'm the only Canucks fan who loves this trade. Markstrom is an elite goaltending prospect and Matthias is severely underrated considering he's had no real supporting cast. Can't wait to see what Kesler brings in.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who has lived in Vancouver for the past decade+, this is awesome. Good luck Lou, hopefully everything works out, you always deserved better than the idiocy you were subjected to in Vancouver.
signed - a Flyers fan
Enjoy the rebuild!

PS. They gotta move Kesler now while his value is high (although I think he has a great cap hit anyway so you could argue they should keep him)
Keep him for what? He'd be worth more to the team as a trade for young players and picks. They're in rebuild mode now. Might as well trade the Sedins too. I also heard the Canucks choking 15% of Lu's pay too?! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Quick

Banned
I... Uh...

I'm in lab.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

It's actually happening.

We're rebuilding.

Marksrrom and Matthias is it, no picks?

Eeeeek. Someone tell me something about Matthias.

Jesus fucking Christ though.

I... Someone hold me.

Let Soc's ex comfort you.

Socreges

Banned
You're all crazy. All of you!

Luongo is about the most overrated player in the history of the god damn league.

Good. Fucking. Riddance.

I'm so getting tarred and feathered
What so many said before this whole drama began. Now the Canucks have lost their shining star.

The true major fuckup here (that some have already mentioned) is that Schneider was traded as well. So now it's Lack and Markstrom.

I want Lack to succeed, but if he fails then that will at least accelerate the rebuild that head office is obviously trying to avoid -- Markstrom, Matthias and no picks/prospects? Really?

Keep him for what? He'd be worth more to the team as a trade for young players and picks. They're in rebuild mode now. Might as well trade the Sedins too. I also heard the Canucks choking 15% of Lu's pay too?! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

"For what"
I know what you're saying, it's just hard to believe they're rebuilding after all this time. In reality I do think they should trade him though.
And if the salary retention is true that makes this even sweeter.

Luongo/Thomas jennings trophy winners 2014-15

Zeppeli

Banned
Can I get a new tag? Gillis makes Feaster look like a damn genious in comparison.

What a shitshow.

Lmao, this trade will look great in the near future. Lack is ready to be a starter and Markstrom is damn good. Matthias will show his real colours instead of the occasional flashes of brilliance playing with a richer talent group in Vancouver.

Top Bottom