• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lack starts tomorrow, Lu's response:

Gillis is a hack, should have been fired after the way he handled the entire Lu situation.
But Canucks fans told me he did a good job! D:

He inherited a powerhouse of core players from Burke/Nonis and with the way he's managing the team now, it seems they're worse.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lack starts tomorrow, Lu's response:

Gillis is a hack, should have been fired after the way he handled the entire Lu situation.

jesus christ, I didn't understand either of the two starts Lack got, this third one is just stupid.

calder

Jason Botchford@botchford 26 mins
Luongo: "I've always wanted to play in an outdoor game."

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 1 min
“ @NHLonTSN: Eddie Lack will be starting for the Canucks in the Heritage Classic. #TSN #NHL”/This is going to get really interesting now.

We'll politely take Lack off your hands if it'll help avoid another goalie "situation" Canucks. Like a helpful neighbor.

Botchford still gets work after the whole Jumbo Joe/Hertl dick stroking fiasco?

faI61DR.jpg

There is a major breaking development regarding the issues inside the Buffalo Sabres front office. According to unconfirmed reports, the rift has to do with the future of head coach Ted Nolan. General Manager Tim Murray wants to bring in his own coach after the season which has resulted in both Pat LaFontaine and President Ted Black threatening to walk out should that happen.

:eek:

calder

Gulp. As a Jets fan, nothing disturbs me more right now than the rumours swirling about Paul Maurice.

randy turner@randyturner15 23 mins
If it's Maurice who's reticent about signing long-term, that will be a huge behind-the-scenes story for #NHLJets moving forward. Huge.

There were rumblings a few weeks ago that the "front office" (read: GM Cheveldayoff) was often responsible for lineup decisions during the Claude Noel era, including a demand that Pavelec play more often than not no matter what Noel thought of his backup.

Now the Jets get a seemingly quality coach in who's done a great job in just a few weeks and, for whatever reason, a contract extension didn't get signed over the Olympic break when a lot of people assumed it would be done. Is Maurice hesitant to sign on without the authority a head coach usually has over playing time? Is TNSE too cheap to extend him? Does Chevy not want him for some baffling reason?

I'm really not liking the way this is sounding. :| Chevy has been OK at best as a GM, he's done *nothing* of note as far as asset management goes (is he going to loss the upcoming UFA's for nothing again? Why?!), he's had a few good drafts and a few mediocre FA signings. Combine that with the growing sentiment that he's a locker room meddler and that's a bad sign.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Cheveldayoff is a hack GM imo

Jets have been essentially standing still since they were relocated.

Sometimes thats a good thing... but not when you arent icing a consistent winnning team

Not Nolan, not Miller... maybe a dispute over the future of Moulson? Myers? Errrrr, Grigorenko?

**shrugs**

The Jets probably just want to see how the season ends before making a decision. I think that's fair.

Smiley90

If Gillis is really this stupid he should be fired before Wednesday.

Luongo has 1 game, 1 shutout during the Olympics wins gold, comes back: No start.

Wat.

Lack has a shutout in his first game, gets the second start: alright....

Loses the second game, everything sure is going back to normal now, right? Especially for a game as big as the Heritage Classic?

NOPE, we'll just keep playing our backup and disgruntle our starter who's been through something eerily similar before.

Great job Gillis. Someone please fire him before he makes any stupid trades.

Unless Gillis is asking Torts not to play Luongo/showcase Lack because of an impending trade, this makes absolutely no sense. And even then it doesn't. Gillis/Torts what are you doing.

calder

If it's just the management is being cheap and doesn't want to pay a head coach a lot of money (Noel was making minimum wage basically, and Maurice would require a LOT more) than that's one thing. It's dumb, but whatever they'll probably work it out.

I'm just more worried that Maurice has come in, met with the Jets management and said "you know what, this GM is a meddling idiot and this roster will never get good, I'm going to use this job as springboard back somewhere else this summer". Because then the fanbase is going to lose it's damn mind.

Speaking of dysfunctional organizations: Lafontaine resigns.

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC 1 min
Sabres make it official -- LaFontaine resigns

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Only thing missing is Subban vs. Therrien, Patrick Roy/Mario Tremblay style.
If Therrien keeps his bullshit up then I'm sure that point is coming. Subban can only smile and not say anything for so long.

calder

It's probably not a great sign for the franchise how many tweets about the Buffalo situation have used the word "ugly".

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
6m @TSNBobMcKenzie
BUF announces Pat LaFontaine has resigned as president of the Sabres and returned to work for NHL head office in NYC.

Jesus, the Sabers are a fucking mess.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
D: what is going on in Buffalo?!?!

I wonder if LaFontaine wanted to keep Miller or disagreed with the trade and decided Buffalo really hasn't changed and jumped ship?!

Smiley90

Change of scenery, Price&Subban for Luongo, Kesler and Edler.

EA BE A GM MODE ACTIVATE

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Better for the Sabies to get their house in order before the rebuild actually begins.
I thought they were on the right course but these decisions....even EA NHL games know getting people and then trading them in the same season doesn't look good for potential people you want to hire.

Same with my last company. Idiot GM hired and fired people in one year. Ridiculous.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Better for the Sabies to get their house in order before the rebuild actually begins.

Tim Murray is a boss, he's not going to share his GM duties with anyone. I'm actually surprised Patty Lafontaine didn't back down when he saw Tim Murray's cold glare.

Smiley90

Karlsson checking out Andi.

I see what you did there.

I don't blame him.

Andi A+ would game her outdoors.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Going out for the game, so a preemptive fuck the Leafs, fuck that chimp Orr, and fuck fat ass Kessel. Subban 4 lyfe.

ShaneB

Just finished watching that NHLR Olympic edition. Good stuff.

I missed seeing hot Andi =(

edit: Wow at that Sabres news.

Smiley90

:lol CBC

"Hawks interested in Kesler"

... yeah no if that happens, something very, very big is wrong in this world.

Top Bottom