• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

What a shit pick that was. Chris Kreider was still available at that point in the draft too.
Sorry :(

Looking at the players at the 2009 draft and where they are now is interesting. Bunch of them fucked off to the KHL/Europe, and some are stewing in the AHL.

I'm surprised Hedman hasn't been more prominent league-wide. I know he's good with the Lightning, but I guess injuries really hit his stock.

Baby Schenn is finally breaking out. He has been good but this is his best year for sure.

What a shit pick that was. Chris Kreider was still available at that point in the draft too.
Sorry :(

Looking at the players at the 2009 draft and where they are now is interesting. Bunch of them fucked off to the KHL/Europe, and some are stewing in the AHL.

I'm surprised Hedman hasn't been more prominent league-wide. I know he's good with the Lightning, but I guess injuries really hit his stock.
If Hedman was playing in Toronto he would have been seen as the second coming of Jesus.

Look who I found on Twitch while watching KF's live stream...

olxoAal.png

Line_HTX

10 or 13 games remaining with the margin of error separated by one point it too long of a wait.

I don't know what the hell the NHL Twitter is thinking. Maybe if they had a bigger cushion I would understand, lol

zroid

Banned
It would have been funnier if it was a pic of a Wild and an Av together exchanging pleasantries, and they were saying "I'm in a wild card spot"

I always wondered... Why are the Red Wings Tentacruels?

The people of Detroit abuse octupuses(?) by taking their juicy liquid out and then putting ice skates on them. They used to be named the Detroit Octupuses but too much controversy over the name back in the day. SO they became the RAd Wangs.

I'm so glad Basketball is my backup sport. I'm still keeping my expectations low with Raptors in the playoffs. But I believe in Skinny Lowry.

Bless him

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hockey > Football >> Handegg >>> Basketball >>>>>> watching paint dry >>>>>>> baseball

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Hockey > Football >> Handegg >>> Basketball >>>>>> watching paint dry >>>>>>> baseball

You'll change your tune when the Swiss Babe Ruth enters the league.

Basketball is ok I guess, just fine that amount of scoring silly. They should just add a golden snitch, that would be great.

zroid

Banned
I like baseball a lot, in fact it's the only sport I've watched since I was a kid, but even I have to admit it's boring as fuck if you don't have a rooting interest in one of the teams. I get next to no enjoyment from watching a game as a neutral observer.

(it's still fun to see home runs and big plays, but they're so rare. it can still be good when there's a great broadcaster like Vin Scully who makes it interesting when nothing else is happening)

As opposed to hockey, soccer, football, or basketball which are all fun to varying degrees even as a neutral.

I like baseball a lot, in fact it's the only sport I've watched since I was a kid, but even I have to admit it's boring as fuck if you don't have a rooting interest in one of the teams. I get next to no enjoyment from watching a game as a neutral observer.

As opposed to hockey, soccer, football, or basketball which are all fun to varying degrees even as a neutral.

I also thinks it helps if you have played baseball for a good amount of time. I played baseball up until college and had Baseball player as my baseball coach so I love looking at the little things in baseball. So I love being a neutral too and I find teams in baseball hard to hate so I root for a ton of teams, not a fan but I don't hate them, so I like to watch a bunch of teams. I do hate the Cardinals though

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You'll change your tune when the Swiss Babe Ruth enters the league.

Basketball is ok I guess, just fine that amount of scoring silly. They should just add a golden snitch, that would be great.

The Swiss Michael Jordan already entered the league (Thabo Sefalosha, though not sure on the spelling of his name) and I couldn't give any more fucks about Basketball either

zroid

Banned
I also thinks it helps if you have played baseball for a good amount of time. I played baseball up until college and had Baseball player as my baseball coach so I love looking at the little things in baseball. So I love being a neutral too and I find teams in baseball hard to hate so I root for a ton of teams, not a fan but I don't hate them, so I like to watch a bunch of teams. I do hate the Cardinals though

Right, sometimes when I'm watching SNB or something, I just have to force myself to pick a team, usually for pretty arbitrary reasons. Of course when the Cardinals are playing it's easy to root for the opponent. :lol

Right, sometimes when I'm watching SNB or something, I just have to force myself to pick a team, usually for pretty arbitrary reasons. Of course when the Cardinals are playing it's easy to root for the opponent. :lol

Yep. It also helps I know exactly where the Phillies will end up this season so I can openly root for the Cubs since I really want to see them win it.

Yawnier

Banned
I can watch pretty much anything aside from golf, curling, and soccer

My preferences would be: hockey > basketball > American football > baseball

Top Bottom