• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Quick

Banned
Jesus H. Christ

I ran it once and got a Canadian sweep!

1. Jets
2. Snes
3. Canucks

Haha, Leafs!

8c8ce9a0-89fd-0132-1dd7-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We're destined for a 14th overall pick, we're too many points above the basement dwellers and if Price comes back we're fucked.

Quick

Banned
KHL inching even closer to having a Beijing team for the 2016-17 season.

President of the Russian Ice Hockey Federation (RIHF) Vladislav Tretyak, chairman of the KHL board of directors Gennady Timchenko and chairman of HC Red Star Kunlun (Beijing) board of directors Ngok Yan Yu have signed a protocol of intentions that agrees to participation of the Chinese ice hockey club in the 2016-17 KHL season.

In accordance with protocol, in order to become a new KHL member from the next season, HC Red Star Kunlun needs to present financial guarantees by April 30th, 2016, comply with conditions imposed on clubs participants and adhere to the rules established by the KHL Regulations.

In order to finalize the HC Red Star Kunlun accession, KHL and RIHF will conduct additional inspection of the Beijing club’s infrastructure. In case the club meets all of the KHL Regulations’ criteria, a final decision on its entrance will be made by the KHL Board of Directors.

#communusm

Stasis

So, first you steal Optimus Reim, next you want to steal Michael McCarron's nickname? Shameless

They can fight for it!

McIlrath was in the NHL first/is older. Not that many games played though, and mainly his nickname has been Diesel, Wrath, or Undertaker. We need a permanent one. Mac Truck is perfect since he absolutely trucks people, but we already gave that to McDonagh. Maybe we can switch.

/srs post

Quick

Banned
Wasn't the first Chinese player drafted just last year or the year before?

I wonder how big hockey is in China. Can't be that big.

Drafted this year by the Isles, Andong Song.

The NHL has been making strides in penetrating the market in China, including broadcasts of the playoffs last season.

The Leafs recently had a hockey camp for kids there too.

Curufinwe

That looked awkward to me rather than dirty, seems like he thought the boards were closer than they actually were and he was looking to cut off Toews from the puck.

Edit: Looking at it again maybe not, it's how he missed that gave me the impression, but looking at the angle from the beginning of the gif, his intention was probably to check him.

VandeVelde is a vanilla plug with no previous discipline history that I know of. But we'd be better off if he got suspended.

calder

Was that Players Tribune article by Brenden Morrow discussed already? Good read, but it mainly amused me by having a great Brett Hull story.

So we go out for another shift, screw something else up, and Hitch is searching for me. He finds me, and then starts chewing me out again. Then we go out for a third shift, and it’s another dud. But this time as we’re skating back to the bench, Hully turns to me and goes, “Hey, you come sit over here with me.” And I join him in the little two-person, love-seat area.

Meanwhile you can see — and you can hear — Hitch waddling around on the other side of the bench.

“Where’s Brenden? Where the hell’s Brenden?”

He finds me and he’s just all red. And I’m trying to be respectful, so I lean backwards to look him in the eye while he tells me how bad I am. But as I lean back, Hully leans back as well and blocks my view.

So I lean forward to try to see past him, and Hully moves forward and blocks me again.

I move back, Hully matches me. This keeps going. I can’t shake him.

And the entire time, Hitch is just getting more and more pissed. But I can’t make eye contact because Brett’s huge melon is in the way.

And Brett turns to me and says, “You tell that motherfucker to fuck off!”

imBask

Banned
I saw Dubois play when the screaming eagles played the Seadogs a few months ago. I think he'd be a excellent choice if Habs chose him

heh i'd love to see a hometown boy get drafted, but you know, the Leblanc shit just happened so the wound hasn't healed completely yet

Quick

Banned
heh i'd love to see a hometown boy get drafted, but you know, the Leblanc shit just happened so the wound hasn't healed completely yet

What a shit pick that was. Chris Kreider was still available at that point in the draft too.
Sorry :(

Looking at the players at the 2009 draft and where they are now is interesting. Bunch of them fucked off to the KHL/Europe, and some are stewing in the AHL.

I'm surprised Hedman hasn't been more prominent league-wide. I know he's good with the Lightning, but I guess injuries really hit his stock.

imBask

Banned
What a shit pick that was. Chris Kreider was still available at that point in the draft too.
Sorry :(

Looking at the players at the 2009 draft and where they are now is interesting. Bunch of them fucked off to the KHL/Europe, and some are stewing in the AHL.

I'm surprised Hedman hasn't been more prominent league-wide. I know he's good with the Lightning, but I guess injuries really hit his stock.

I was there to see the first of his 5 career NHL goals :') so proud

Curufinwe

Playoff series today if they went back to seeding the conferences 1 thru 8, with the division winners as 1 and 2. (Based on Points%).

1 Was v 8 Phi
2 Fla v 7 Pit
3 NYI v 6 Bos
4 NYR v 5 TB

1 LA v 8 Min
2 Dal v 7 Nas
3 StL v 6 SJ
4 Chi v 5 Ana

Top Bottom