• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Socreges

Banned
Waking up on the east coast at 715am each day while your body is still on standard time on the west coast (315am) is fucking exhausting. That is all

zroid

Banned
FLYERA SMASH.
Toews is okay right?

8NqL19b.gif

wtf

I actually wanted to see McCarron fight Lehner. I wish they shown the Plekanec vs Simmonds fight

Scribbles follows the tradition of Habs Goalies trying to fight but denied by referees

First Price and Tim Thomas then Budaj and MAF. Now Scrivens and Lehner

Thomas would have opened up a can of rations whoop ass on Price.

LevelNth

Banned
Ferraro and Hayes were bickering about the state of tank wars in the NHL and how it's become ridiculous to cheer for your team to lose at the end of the season for just marginally better chances at hopefully an impact player.

Got me thinking, would inverse standings for the bottom 6 teams post-trade deadline work?

Essentially the bottom 6 teams still then have incentive to get points since the 6th worst team would then have the best odds.

I don't know how you'd handle the middle of the pack teams though, not quite in the playoffs and not quite bad enough to be in the bottom 6... How much do the standings truly shift post-trade deadline?

That looked awkward to me rather than dirty, seems like he thought the boards were closer than they actually were and he was looking to cut off Toews from the puck.

Edit: Looking at it again maybe not, it's how he missed that gave me the impression, but looking at the angle from the beginning of the gif, his intention was probably to check him.

KingBroly

Banned
Everyone always be hating on my team, the 2015-2016 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals

While I haven't said a damn thing about your teams. I keep it respectful.

PillarEN

How is the Yahoo Sports stream? I want to watch the Wings and they are featured tonight. It's supposed to be without any boundaries so it should work for Euro-GAF too right?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Canada Post is so amazingly useless. Tracking page says they delivered my parcel, but I didnt even get a delivery slip. When I go to check about making a non-receipt ticket, it says I can't for that parcel because they already delivered it. Then they say to wait 24 hours from the date they claim to have delivered it for it to show up.

But why would they mark it delivered then?

Thanks Trudeau

Once I checked my tracking number and it said that no one was home (there were 3 people home) and they left a notice. Check the door and my mailbox but nothing was there. Notice shows up in my mail box the next day.

St-Patrick's day is the day everyone pretend they have an irish great great great great uncle just to get drunk

Hey, my background is Irish. And I have St. Patty's day nails. Not going to drink though.

zroid

Banned
Drank coffee out of a green mug this morning, I think that fulfills my quota of token St. Patrick's Day celebration

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What would we do without you?

Be painful unaware of completely irrelevant and meaningless esoteric Rangers stats, that's what!

Speaking of which, the invoice for the playoffs just arrived and holy fuck at these prices. These are WAY up from last year.

zroid

Banned
Be painful unaware of completely irrelevant and meaningless esoteric Rangers stats, that's what!

Speaking of which, the invoice for the playoffs just arrived and holy fuck at these prices. These are WAY up from last year.
Trying to compensate for not having home ice throughout the playoffs :p

Yawnier

Banned
@jonassiegel

Mike Babcock on Connor Brown: "He's going to be a good NHL player for a long period of time."

@markhmasters

Babcock was really impressed with how Brown reacted to not getting called up on Feb. 29

Babsock is a big fan of Good Etobicoke kid Connor McBrown

calder

The lottery simulator is making me crazy. I ran it like 50 times last night, mainly because the Jets had a horrible run of fake luck and only got a top 3 pick a handful of times over dozens of tries.

I did get one instance where the Wings won #1, the Canes won #2 and the Devils got #3. I really should have taken a screen shot because those must be loooooooooong odds.

EDIT: just fired it up and first click Jets win. Fuck me the actual lottery is going to make me insane.

Yawnier

Banned
Just ran the lottery and got this:

1st: Detroit
2nd: Edmonton
3rd: New Jersey

God dammit man fuck everything if this happens

ShaneB

Drank coffee out of a green mug this morning, I think that fulfills my quota of token St. Patrick's Day celebration

I suppose the mountain of broccoli I'm eating as part of my lunch will have to do. If only I could be on a golf course surrounded by greenery.

Quick

Banned
I basically "celebrated" early throughout February, and I'm trying to minimize my drinking right now.

I was in a bad way last month, still kind of am but I feel like I went through the worst of it, and getting drunk wasn't the best idea at the time in retrospect.

Top Bottom