• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

zroid

Banned
Rakell and Gibson being so good this year triggers the shit out of me

Meanwhile, our old pal Tyler Biggs is chilling on the Penguins' ECHL affiliate

Edmonton wins.
Calgary gets a point.
Buffalo wins.
Too bad Winnipeg lost.

We're tied with Calgary and Edmonton is 1 point back (though we have 4 games in hand).

Yeah all the Fatal Frames for that is a steal! I would say if you don't have The Swapper already then that is worth it even at full price.
Strider for 3.74 isn't bad either.

I wish there were more PSVITA games on sale.

Edmonton wins.
Calgary gets a point.
Buffalo wins.
Too bad Winnipeg lost.

We're tied with Calgary and Edmonton is 1 point back (though we have 4 games in hand).

Remember,Winnipeg is tanking honourably.

Socreges

Banned
What the fuck

650x366_03171850_hd27-1.jpg
This has been such a fucked up trip as it is and now, after 15-20C weather, it's going to fucking snow? Last time we were here was during the January storm, too. What a joke

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What the fuck

This has been such a fucked up trip as it is and now, after 15-20C weather, it's going to fucking snow? Last time we were here was during the January storm, too. What a joke

Soc to be trapped in DC forever

Revenant

im just enjoying the tank in silence

edit: i also am not playing hockey this season after my concussion last year, so ive been mildly avoiding the sport

I just took a knee to the neck and head on wednesday.

concussion pals!

feeling good! feeling great! feeling good! feeling gre....................................................................................................i need to sit down.

TUSR

Banned
I just took a knee to the neck and head yesterday at my game on wednesday.

concussion pals!

feeling good! feeling great! feeling good! feeling gre....................................................................................................i need to sit down.

i had a 230lb guy hit me in the corner and then he proceeded to fall on my head.

I just took a knee to the neck and head yesterday at my game on wednesday.

yeah your brain is toast, reread that sentence a few times.

TUSR

Banned
fuck

did you stop playing just to take a break or are you still feeling it somewhat?

it happened last year before playoffs, which is around final exam period.

and on my doctors recommendation i stopped.

i felt like i was waking up in a haze all the time. like i couldnt shake something off.

Revenant

it happened last year before playoffs, which is around final exam period.

and on my doctors recommendation i stopped.

i felt like i was waking up in a haze all the time. like i couldnt shake something off.

Sucks man, I don't wish it on anyone, the way it fucks with your mind sometimes is tough. Worse yet when you play for fun and it happens and you have work or exams like you mentioned. I barely did anything today at work. Plan on getting back out there? I'll be honest a trip to the ER and a CT scan on my neck later and I just wanna get back out there.

TUSR

Banned
Sucks man, I don't wish it on anyone, the way it fucks with your mind sometimes is tough. Plan on getting back out there? I'll be honest a trip to the ER and a CT scan on my neck later and I just wanna get back out there.

Ill probably play this September again. See how it goes, I miss the whole atmosphere.

If you aren't feeling 100%, definitely follow up on it.

Revenant

Ill probably play this September again. See how it goes, I miss the whole atmosphere.

If you aren't feeling 100%, definitely follow up on it.

yea I'll take a break if i have to, i don't make my money playing hockey so I have to try and protect my mind here.

good luck on getting back out there though, sucks to lose something you enjoy.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Edmonton 2
Vancouver 0

what a fucking tank job, getting shutout by the fucking Oilers

impressive shit

HONOUR

Marvie_3

Banned
Sucks man, I don't wish it on anyone, the way it fucks with your mind sometimes is tough. Worse yet when you play for fun and it happens and you have work or exams like you mentioned. I barely did anything today at work. Plan on getting back out there? I'll be honest a trip to the ER and a CT scan on my neck later and I just wanna get back out there.
Just dont crash your car into a train thing like Toews.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Do the marlies even have extra skaters to fill their lineup at this point? We are basically hitting the cap here

Maybe that's why marner might be a maybe...

Either the knights, leafs or marlies are screwed lol

Apparently there's 23 players on marlies roster and 2 of them are injured... So I guess they can send 1?

zroid

Banned
But... We don't have any prospects there I think. I think that's the only way that kind of movement can work

I mean to put on the Marlies. There's still lots of Marlies they can call up to the Leafs. Lindberg, Smith, Leivo, etc.

Well Shanahan and Lou were in London last night....

Lou also said last week he didn't think Mitch was NHL-ready yet and they'd have to see if he was in September...

DopeyFish

I mean to put on the Marlies. There's still lots of Marlies they can call up to the Leafs. Lindberg, Smith, Leivo, etc.

Lou also said last week he didn't think Mitch was NHL-ready yet and they'd have to see if he was in September...

Yeah but I'm saying ECHL is separate from the AHL which is separate from the NHL.

The NHL contracts allow movement between ECHL/AHL/NHL but ECHL and AHL contracts don't. They'd have to sign people to PTOs I guess? But solar bears can say no if they want

zroid

Banned
Yeah but I'm saying ECHL is separate from the AHL which is separate from the NHL.

The NHL contracts allow movement between ECHL/AHL/NHL but ECHL and AHL contracts don't. They'd have to sign people to PTOs I guess? But solar bears can say no if they want

I'm pretty sure a lot of the Solar Bears are on AHL/ECHL two way contracts

don't know where you go to check who though, lol

remember last summer Dubas signed a whole bunch of guys to AHL contracts and sent most of them down to Orlando

DopeyFish

I'm pretty sure a lot of the Solar Bears are on AHL/ECHL two way contracts

don't know where you go to check who though, lol

remember last summer Dubas signed a whole bunch of guys to AHL contracts and sent most of them down to Orlando

Question is... Do the solar bears have anyone? They play today too lol

trifelife

The only highlight from last night's game was Tryamkin blocking a shot with his dick 🤔

Less ROW than everyone but Toronto now... and we've overtaken Buffalo for the time being. Bless.

Top Bottom