• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Multi-point game for Nylander?

Connor Brown got his first point?

For whatever reason Edmonton sports media feeling salty about the Leafs youngsters?!?

Definitely reason to STYLE!

ToMjGplXmltJoa2pswU.gif

Link to this Edmonton Salt my good man?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
But it is working, were watching it live. Nylander,Soshnikov,Hyman,Sparks,Freddy the GOAT and Marner are all promising young Players.It's going to be a long rebuild.

Still a long ass way to go though.

This is only year 1, some of these guys will regress, some will excel, some will end up being nothing at all.

Still super exciting!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
But it is working, were watching it live. Nylander,Soshnikov,Hyman,Sparks,Freddy the GOAT and Marner are all promising young Players.It's going to be a long rebuild.

The most important part that he doesn't realize... they're playing good.

Not just scoring but doing the right things. You get enough players scoring while being defensively responsible and you will tend to win more games than you lose.

A lot better than whatever the hell edmonton gets their players doing.

imBask

Banned
Still a long ass way to go though.

This is only year 1, some of these guys will regress, some will excel, some will end up being nothing at all.

Still super exciting!

bro stop underhyping their rookies, you gotta get them high to watch them fall and enjoy the meltdown

WHO'S BETTER YO, NYLANDER OR GRETZKY? SERIOUS QUESTION, NYLANDERS PPGP60PS IS ON PAR WITH GRETZKY'S

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
bro stop underhyping their rookies, you gotta get them high to watch them fall and enjoy the meltdown

WHO'S BETTER YO, NYLANDER OR GRETZKY? SERIOUS QUESTION, NYLANDERS PPGP60PS IS ON PAR WITH GRETZKY'S

I save my hype for the start of next season when I can make ridiculous claims that will be brought back up later in the season when things go wrong.

imBask

Banned
I save my hype for the start of next season when I can make ridiculous claims that will be brought back up later in the season when things go wrong.

I forgot you were a leafs fans for some reason, mah bad

we need the stupid chart in the OP I can't remember that much stuff

Quick

Banned
I'm still cautious about the Leafs' rebuild. I don't want to hype them up too much just yet. I'm sure there will be some growing pains along the way.

But everything looks promising so far. I'm excited.

/Rational Quick

Yawnier

Banned
I'm still cautious about the Leafs' rebuild. I don't want to hype them up too much just yet. I'm sure there will be some growing pains along the way.

But everything looks promising so far. I'm excited.

/Rational Quick

I'm pretty cautious about most of the prospects beyond Nylander and Marner.

Guys like Soshnikov, Hyman, Brown, Leivo, could all fan out/bust and not turn into much, or turn into just being serviceable 4th liners or something, which is still alright but nothing amazing. As the season goes on and the adrenaline usually wears off after the first 10-15 games or so you get a better idea of what a young player will be at the NHL level.

Which is why all those draft picks we have are gonna be so important. Can't just build a team with a few high 1st round picks like the oilers.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, now that I've seen a slow-mo replay on TV of that waved off goal, it sure looks like it was hit high to me. Close, but I think they got it right.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

He's the captain of Leafs GAF even if hockey ranks so low in his sports passion kitty litter.

As for the Edmonton tweet. Meh. They got a crap city and a crap team and even with a generational player are still near the bottom of the league.

There will be regression and some snide "I told you so"s when Nylander has a bad stretch, but this is why we have more players around to carry the load. Hyman looked imprssive in his stint here thus far and so has Leivo and Leipsic and even Goat had a good game. We're going to try and get 4 lines going with good dopey and fancy stats to mitigate one player regressing a bit. Before, if Kessel didn't score, we were fucked. Now, it's definitely a lot more balanced and I expect it only to improve with Marner on the team and possibly our 2016 pick. We still have a bunch of players in the pipeline too on top of that. We're still not contending for another few years though and hopefully by then we'll have better D depth and a solid goaltender to rely on as well with a bunch more forwards that can contribute when called up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He's the captain of Leafs GAF even if hockey ranks so low in his sports passion kitty litter.

As for the Edmonton tweet. Meh. They got a crap city and a crap team and even with a generational player are still near the bottom of the league.

There will be regression and some snide "I told you so"s when Nylander has a bad stretch, but this is why we have more players around to carry the load. Hyman looked imprssive in his stint here thus far and so has Leivo and Leipsic and even Goat had a good game. We're going to try and get 4 lines going with good dopey and fancy stats to mitigate one player regressing a bit. Before, if Kessel didn't score, we were fucked. Now, it's definitely a lot more balanced and I expect it only to improve with Marner on the team and possibly our 2016 pick. We still have a bunch of players in the pipeline too on top of that. We're still not contending for another few years though and hopefully by then we'll have better D depth and a solid goaltender to rely on as well with a bunch more forwards that can contribute when called up.

Eat shit I can like what I like.

Pikma

Banned

I don't need a chart to remember you're a Panthers fan, and my short term memory sucks ass. Why would you need one?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Puck just vanishes. Was that a goal? Did the ref kick the goal out?

Puck hit the post, traveled on the goal line all the way to the other post (which is why it disappeared, it's literally right underneath that crossbar the whole way), and bounced out. Ref jumped over it and nearly took Hank's hand off.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Puck hit the post, traveled on the goal line all the way to the other post (which is why it disappeared, it's literally right underneath that crossbar the whole way), and bounced out. Ref jumped over it and nearly took Hank's hand off.

Wow. Panthers have got to be livid about that. It should have been a goal.

Wow. Panthers have got to be livid about that. It should have been a goal.

Ref's positioning also influences Jokinen's shot (he shoots it to the side to avoid the ref) thus hitting the post. Secondly him jumping up in the crease with Henrik diving across almost ended badly if the blocker side wasn't up. It wasn't only a stupid ass play by the ref it was a dangerous one.

Ref fuckery is par for the course TBH, I've seen so much ref influenced games I'm pretty much numb to it.

edit:
2016-03-21-20_37_29.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ref's positioning also influences Jokinen's shot (he shoots it to the side to avoid the ref) thus hitting the post. Secondly him jumping up in the crease with Henrik diving across almost ended badly if the blocker side wasn't up. It wasn't only a stupid ass play by the ref it was a dangerous one.

Ref fuckery is par for the course TBH, I've seen so much ref influenced games I'm pretty much numb to it.

I don't watch games as closely as other people, but I can't remember something THAT bad. Bad calls? Sure. Refs in way of pucks elsewehre on the ice? Usually unintentional.

Ref right in front of the goal, blocking a shot, then nearly taking a goalie's hand off. That's just insane.

Frightening. Came within inches of ending Lundqvist's career.

Line_HTX

Holy fuck, that ref... Can't get behind the net to call a good goal or something??

Fucking shit, literally almost ended Lundquist.

Top Bottom