• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

GulbQYr.gif

Cakeboss bout to get traded.

Chris R

My favorite part of the new NHL site is how random pages won't even load in Chrome for me any more. It doesn't help that the home page is WAY too big. Images are too large and loaded before you need them or even see them.

Cut the featured stories by half (or more), optimize your images, and then at least the home page will be fast and quick. The layout stuff is easier to fix with styles.

edit: Oh man, don't look at the source for the site. It's a fucking hot mess THE C IN CSS STANDS FOR CASCADING YOU IDIOTS

Yawnier

Banned
Maybe I'm looking too far ahead, but the Leafs could be fucked at centre if they sign Stamkos. If they sign Stamkos and Nylander keeps impressing and Marner is in the lineup and he produces... that sounds like a major problem to me. I don't see either Nylander or Marner - if they both reach their top potential - being a #3 centre.
Marner played less than like 15 games at center in the OHL this year. He's been a RWer on the Dvorak-Tkachuk line for most of the season

So it is looking likely that he will be a winger at the NHL level.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
if expansion draft wasn't around the corner, i'd look into trading our next 2 firsts (2017 and 18) for hoffman, stone and wiercioch

Take weirdick, he sucks.

Sure :D

Okay Habs GAF let's talk next season who will be in the lineup.

Here are my Honest Predictions

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher

Hoffman(or another UFA using Hoffman as an Example)Plekanec Carr/Andrighetto

(UFA or Eller) McCarron Danault

Lessio Mitchell Byron

Defenceman

Markov Subban

Beaulieu Petry

Wiercioch Ellis/Pateryn

Price

Condon

Who will be traded/ Let Go: Eller, Emelin,Gilbert,Scrivens, Flynn Desharnais, Matteau

imBask

Banned
Sure :D

Okay Habs GAF let's talk next season who will be in the lineup.

Here are my Honest Predictions

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher

Hoffman(or another UFA using Hoffman as an Example)Plekanec Carr/Andrighetto

(UFA or Eller) McCarron Danault

Lessio Mitchell Byron

Defenceman

Markov Subban

Beaulieu Petry

Wiercioch Ellis/Pateryn

Price

Condon

Who will be traded/ Let Go: Eller, Emelin,Gilbert,Scrivens, Flynn Desharnais, Matteau

you said HONEST.

Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Whoever - Plekanec - Carr/Andrighetto
Eller - Galchenyuk - Danault
whoever - Mitchell - whoever

i'm dead serious and I wish I wasn't

imBask

Banned
I really believe DD will be gone. We need to get rid of some centers

at the beginning of the season we said the same thing, and he was doing just fine on the 3rd line and everyone was happy. 5 bad games and he was back at #1 center for like 40 games

all of my hopes and dreams are gone, MT will be back, DD will be back

at the beginning of the season we said the same thing, and he was doing just fine on the 3rd line and everyone was happy. 5 bad games and he was back at #1 center for like 40 games

all of my hopes and dreams are gone, MT will be back, DD will be back

Bergevin still hasn't made a decision...

Line_HTX

Is "analytics" a That-Word-Which-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned now? It feels like there's a negative reaction to the word in all major sports for some reason...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty great to know that know matter how shitty our season has been, we're still not even in the bottom 3 worst Canadian teams.

zroid

Banned
Is "analytics" a That-Word-Which-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned now? It feels like there's a negative reaction to the word in all major sports for some reason...

it's worse in hockey because hockey analytics are still in relative infancy so the mainstream doesn't understand it

hockey media types are usually really ignorant and combative. they think it's trying to undermine them.

imBask

Banned
But I don't get why it gets a bad rep. Like what's the problem with it?

Because stats don't tell everything, and some idiots are defending the undefendable by not watching the games and pulling out stupid stats instead

stats are pretty useful, but they don't tell you everything

and stats can say whatever you want them to depending on how you put them...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There's a lot of value in stats, but like zroid said, they're still in their infancy when it comes to hockey. There's so many random variables in a hockey game that a lot of stats fail to address so far as well. They need to be used to compliment other research, the problem arises when people purely use stats and that's it.

IE Dopey and Marcinin.

imBask

Banned
it's worse in hockey because hockey analytics are still in relative infancy so the mainstream doesn't understand it

hockey media types are usually really ignorant and combative. they think it's trying to undermine them.

on the contrary I see a lot of hockey media TRY to use them but fail miserably, like RDS trying to tell me that Subban is hot trash because he turns the puck over a lot

zroid

Banned
on the contrary I see a lot of hockey media TRY to use them but fail miserably, like RDS trying to tell me that Subban is hot trash because he turns the puck over a lot
turnovers aren't even analytics in the first place

that's just mainstream media trying to sell what they know as analytics so they appear smarter

Top Bottom