• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

zroid

Banned
Graphic updated with USA jersey

CclOGjSXIAAn-xH.jpg:orig

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like the minimalist style for all of them.

I'm actually getting pumped up for this.

Yawnier

Banned
I like the Finland jersey the best of all of them

The team europe one looks a bit off to me because the left side is a dark blue and the right side is a lighter blue though.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I remember how much they touted that trophy in 2004.
"Designed by a world renowned artist."

Still looks like shit.

well... the guys a building architect...

and he made a trophy look like a cup in the middle of buildings

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Capital shoots puck off glass into the crowd

Linesman: OFF THE GLASS

Play by play: you heard the call there, the puck got a piece of the netting

lol

calder

Really liking that Canada sweater, think I'll pick one up probably. Not sure whose name I'd want in it though

Socreges

Banned
Jumbo should make it :(

honestly don't know whom I'd supplant tho
Probably Giroux over Duchene if you're more concerned about both ends of the ice. But there are already so many centers on this team and Duchene converts better as a winger...

So the Wild have the following:

Parise (USA)
Suter (USA)
Koivu (Finland)
Granlund (Finland)
Vanek (Europe)

Not bad. Haula has a decent chance of making Finland, Nino might make Europe, and Brodin an outside chance at making Sweden as the #7 D (not really tho).

Not bad at all.

Quick

Banned
Kids got caught in the corner on that PP, Will Ny had the space to carry the puck on the neutral zone but went for a touch pass instead. Could be better.

Stasis

JT Miller instead of Galchenyuk?

What The Absolute Fuck?

As Meta said JT's been great since December, which certainly has an impact on selection, but it still doesn't deserve a "what the absolute fuck" either way. Not this season anyway.

Same age, same size, both LH shots and there's a 3 point difference between them. JT is 17-17-34 and Chuck is 17-20-37. I haven't checked stats in depth but I do know JT is good defensively (recently) and plays a physical game. Both listed as centers officially but have been playing wing. I think that's a big factor: JT is better at wing where Galchenyuk is better at center, as far as I know based on what you guys seem to say. Flexibility.

TOI is 14.84 avg for JT and 15.71 for Chuck. Not a huge difference there either. Obviously there's the linemate situation and how your shitty coach has been misusing him (again, I'm basing all this on you guys, I don't follow the Habs too much) but the guys choosing the roster won't rely on that. All that said, I do think Galchenyuk should be on the roster, just not at the expense of JT, and certainly not to the degree you stated. Overall I think Galchenyuk has more potential, sure, but that isn't the case right now.

Stasis

I'm liking most of them. The NA isn't my fave, but I like the color scheme and the Mets thing it's got going on =)

Top Bottom