• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Quick

Banned
It would be kind of fun to see this team beat Sweden. While the stupid "experts" barely know their names even though they are super stars.

Are you referring to Sportsnet? The 16-man roster for Sweden is impressive as fuck. Granted, I didn't really hear what they had to say about it, but only fools would discount them already.

Side note, no Ghost Bear on Team NA/U23. :(

Socreges

Banned
Saad is 23

The Amerikids

Cck2SmEW0AE7f3V.jpg
One or two years ago these guys would have seemed like locks:

Drouin
Galchenyuk
Huberdeau
Nugent-Hopkins

Ouch

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Miller over Galchenyuk & Domi is dumb

Team NA should be the most fun to watch, would love to see them pull a huge upset

zroid

Banned
Ghost Bear, Dougie, and Parayko will be the other 3 D, I think

Trouba probably misses the cut just barely

Yawnier

Banned
I gotta think that Ghostbear and Trouba have the last two spots on D mostly locked up for the U23 North America team

Can't think of any other really young D who could challenge for those spots that are playing in the NHL other than Hanifin or Nurse.

Edit: I forgot about Parayko, and I also guess Hamilton will be barely young enough to make the cut. Nvm there's more competition than I thought lol.

and Ryan Murray will probably end up hurt for the world cup too. He is the Lupul/Gaborik of defencemen

Ive had a similar conversion on the road to Damascus as zroid. I initially expected it to be something like the annual WC, this looks like they are going for something closer to that tournament the PA did back in the mid 90s. I think it's going to be extremely entertaining.

Are you referring to Sportsnet? The 16-man roster for Sweden is impressive as fuck. Granted, I didn't really hear what they had to say about it, but only fools would discount them already.

Side note, no Ghost Bear on Team NA/U23. :(
nah I meant typical swedish commentators that just do the world championships and never has seen an NHL game.

Saad is 23

One or two years ago these guys would have seemed like locks:

Drouin
Galchenyuk
Huberdeau
Nugent-Hopkins

Ouch
RNH has to make it if he is healthy right?

calder

Miller over Galchenyuk & Domi is dumb

Team NA should be the most fun to watch, would love to see them pull a huge upset

Scheifele is definitely better than Miller or Monahan.

dcTen1S.png

But I'd take RNH over Shuffles so the last roster spots will be really interesting to see.

Domi and Galchenyuk and Ghost Bear should've been on the Initial Roster.

Get Rid of Sean Couturier, Ryan Murray and JT Miller and this Roster would be great.

Curufinwe

Domi and Galchenyuk and Ghost Bear should've been on the Initial Roster.

Get Rid of Sean Couturier, Ryan Murray and JT Miller and this Roster would be great.

Couturier is the best defensive player on that team. He's one of the best possession forwards in the league and scoring at 1.95 P/60 at 5 on 5 this season.

LevelNth

Banned
Domi and Ghost Bear will make the 23. Galchenyuk might even though he shouldn't, he's simply not good.

Coots and Miller absolutely deserve to be on the team, and should be.

Tabris

Why are these rosters so small? Am I missing something? Is this a 3 on 3 tournament? Or is it just the teams they are committing to now and they'll fill the rest before the tournament?

Why are these rosters so small? Am I missing something? Is this a 3 on 3 tournament? Or is it just the teams they are committing to now and they'll fill the rest before the tournament?

These are just the Initials Rosters right now. More people could be added in the following months I think.

I'm super excited for the tournament and I love best on best games for any reason, but I still feel like the U23 and Europe teams are just too gimmicky and reek of the typical NHL trying to sell shit to everyone and desperate to have McDavid and Eichel play even though both would likely make their teams. This European team is going to get crushed, and the U23 team may put a scare in a few teams but it's an underdog against any team other than Europe and maybe the Czechs.

I just hope this silliness is a one time thing and next time they have the top 6 nations and maybe a mini tournament for the other smaller nations for the last two spots or something.

I agree with this. Top 6 automatically and 2 countries could make it trough some kind of qualification tournament. I mean countries like Latvia, Norway, Switzerland and Slovakia would be major underdogs of course but if they have a good day they can put a decent fight. I mean for example Canada seems to struggle against Switzerland in every Olympics lol. Not to mention making to the tournament could give hockey bigger media attention in said countries and boost the popularity of the sport further.

Red_Man

After the Olympics, I expect Subban to not be on international teams.

Domi and Ghost Bear will make the 23. Galchenyuk might even though he shouldn't, he's simply not good.

Coots and Miller absolutely deserve to be on the team, and should be.
giphy.gif

zroid

Banned
You don't honestly think PK is the best overall Canadian defensemen in the league do you?

I mean, he's going to make the 23 and he should, but he's nowhere near the best.

He is and it's not even close

The conversation about the best defencemen in the world starts with Karlsson and Subban

Red_Man

You don't honestly think PK is the best overall Canadian defensemen in the league do you?

I mean, he's going to make the 23 and he should, but he's nowhere near the best.
You have no idea what you're talking about do you?

I thought the Galchenyuk post was lame bait, this is just stupidity.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

He's nowhere near the best?

Does that mean he's outside the top 10 to you, or where do you actually slot him?

ryan299

No idea how Jeff Carter and Crawford made Canada. And there seems to be a lot of people who think Weber shouldn't be on the team either.

LevelNth

Banned
He is and it's not even close

The conversation about the best defencemen in the world starts with Karlsson and Subban

You have no idea what you're talking about do you?

I thought the Galchenyuk post was lame bait, this is just stupidity.
I'm sure some people somewhere agree with you guys. Too bad none of them have anything to do with professional hockey in any capacity.

Top Bottom