• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
At the 8th or 9th spot Montreal could possibly be able to get Chychrun or Juolevi, or reach for Gauthier cause he's from Quebec.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/
Have seen some Montreal beat writers mention Dubios, will he go higher than 8th or 9th or is he just not worth picking at that point?

I could see them going for a defenseman (Chychrun), Bergevin loves his defensemen and all of our prospects have basically graduated now. I'd love to see Bergevin make a big move for a top pick so we could get an impact player like Laine that could play next year.

Edit: NM, I see Dubois is suppose to go higher. We might still end up at a higher pick, but not 5th.

Now the Avs are going to win the Matthews sweeps, if only so the Cosmic/19&21 feud reaches it's natural conclusion as Cosmic freaks out when Arizona's product is ripped away by 19 & 21's team.

zroid

Banned
Now the Avs are going to win the Matthews sweeps, if only so the Cosmic/19&21 feud reaches it's natural conclusion as Cosmic freaks out when Arizona's product is ripped away by 19 & 21's team.
This would certainly mark the beginning of the end for hockey in Arizona

Then the Thrashers will move to Seattle, and the old Jets would reclaim their rightful place in Winnipeg.

I'm calling you out, Cosmic!

DAM SON

Brother Bettman, Long May He Reign, would never allow this to come to pass.

Only 5 more Avs games until baseball starts.

YAY

Avs hockey to Rockies baseball... well at least Denver won the Super Bowl of Mark Sanchez.

Curufinwe

Have seen some Montreal beat writers mention Dubios, will he go higher than 8th or 9th or is he just not worth picking at that point?

I could see them going for a defenseman (Chychrun), Bergevin loves his defensemen and all of our prospects have basically graduated now. I'd love to see Bergevin make a big move for a top pick so we could get an impact player like Laine that could play next year.

Edit: NM, I see Dubois is suppose to go higher. We might still end up at a higher pick, but not 5th.

Yeah, Dubios is a top 5 guy now. He was the guy I was looking at a few months ago when we sucked, but now he's 10 spots too high for the Flyers.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently Wedgwood plays for the Devils and got a shutout in his 2nd career start? Haven't heard of him since the World Juniors.

Socreges

Banned
Just about to head downtown for Canada vs Mexico WC qualifier :eek:

55,000 fans! There might even be a few Canadians!

Edmonton's last two games of the season are vs. Vancouver

those could be a big 6 points for us
Our remaining schedule: STL, CHI, SJSx2, ANA, LAK, CGY, EDMx2

Amazing tank potential. Those two EDM games could be a critical swing, too.

zroid

Banned

Cool :eek:

hope we don't get embarrassed too bad!

Wish I could say the same for Toronto, but only 3 of their 9 remaining games really look particularly imposing. Ugh.

iLLmAtlc

holy crap, they could realistically lose every game besides the edmonton ones. calgary has had a good run against the nucks recently.

Foggy

BJs sign Dalton Prout to 2 year extension. 1.25mil first year, 1.9mil second year. At least the yokels will get their fights and periodic suspensions. This franchise fucking blows.

Yawnier

Banned
BJs sign Dalton Prout to 2 year extension. 1.25mil first year, 1.9mil second year. At least the yokels will get their fights and periodic suspensions. This franchise fucking blows.

Damn I thought Jarmo was supposed to be a decent GM. On a similar topic I would love to see a team like the BJs get Matthews.

But unfortunately there is a team in Alberta that might have something to say about that.

Foggy

Damn I thought Jarmo was supposed to be a decent GM. On a similar topic I would love to see a team like the BJs get Matthews.

But unfortunately there is a team in Alberta that might have something to say about that.

There's all sorts of vagueries and whispers about sections of the ownership having too much power or just simply having an inappropriate influence. Of course this all comes from Portzline who can't say anything of substance and won't say anything of substance. Hell, he's been propping up Prout as some valuable piece that other teams would quickly snatch up if he was a UFA. Dude's a mouthpiece for the organization and won't say shit. It's a small market team and a small market paper so no real surprise here.

I'd imagine if any big money NHL team doesn't win the Matthews sweepstakes, they're praying the BJs get him. After what happened with Nash and Johansen, who would blame them for waiting on the BJs to let him go as he's reaching his prime.

Cebk15gXEAA9fYu.jpg

FIGHT

zroid

Banned
Starting to think the ROW tiebreaker might end up being what keeps the Leafs below the Canucks in the standings in the end

Top Bottom