• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

zroid

Banned
k0YT77X.png

amazing

zroid

Banned
Canada hasn't been terrible, I've definitely seen far worse. But our defence has not been able to handle Mexico's transition game at all, and Mexico has the quality to convert its chances.

they certainly haven't looked as bad as I was expecting, I'll give em that

KingBroly

Banned
Edit: Jhonny sums it up.

Not really. Misses the important context of why it came about. Charlotte basically passed a bill in haste and not many in the state agree with it. Basically it allowed anyone to go into any restroom regardless of gender, without really taking into account anything else that would result from it.

Considering the State passed it at a 82-23 vote at the House and 32-0 in the Senate with no Dems voting in the Senate, pretty much tells you that most of the state, regardless of party affiliation, was in favor of doing it.

This is the same kind of reasoning why the equal rights constitutional amendment didn't make it through Congress a few years back where security and safety concerns about women going into men's rooms and vice versa was a very high concern.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Later, 2nd week of April. Not that the Aces will be playing this year, 2-2 already.

At least the beer is cheap

Even before the AHL, yeesh.

Speaking of the AHL, can you bug the Avs to get rid of the coach down here in San Antonio? Dude is complete balls and sunk the team to the bottom of the standings after that good start earlier.

Chris R

Even before the AHL, yeesh.

Speaking of the AHL, can you bug the Avs to get rid of the coach down here in San Antonio? Dude is complete balls and sunk the team to the bottom of the standings after that good start earlier.
Sounds like he'd fit right in, I'll call Joe tomorrow and have him called up

zroid

Banned
Mirtle wrote a story on Zach Hyman today. I had no idea about his family background, pretty fascinating. He's the son of a real estate mogul who became an influential, albeit controversial figure in the GTA's minor hockey landscape. Apparently his dad Stuart Hyman at one time started purchasing up dozens of GTHL teams, ostensibly in the interest of improving the level of competition, and it was affecting the access kids had to those teams. Even though Zach was one of the top players in minor and junior leagues before he went to college, he often got a rough go from his peers because of his father.

Quick

Banned
Canucks scoring two goals in the last five games is exemplary tanking.

God love 'em.

Mirtle wrote a story on Zach Hyman today. I had no idea about his family background, pretty fascinating. He's the son of a real estate mogul who became an influential, albeit controversial figure in the GTA's minor hockey landscape. Apparently his dad Stuart Hyman at one time started purchasing up dozens of GTHL teams, ostensibly in the interest of improving the level of competition, and it was affecting the access kids had to those teams. Even though Zach was one of the top players in minor and junior leagues before he went to college, he often got a rough go from his peers because of his father.

Hyman's got a really interesting history, this and being an author. I didn't know about his dad buying up a bunch of GTHL teams though.

Edit: Report: Oilers, Jets top NHLers’ no-trade lists

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...w-york-islanders-maple-leafs-calgary-buffalo/

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Damn I thought Jarmo was supposed to be a decent GM. On a similar topic I would love to see a team like the BJs get Matthews.

But unfortunately there is a team in Alberta that might have something to say about that.

I'd love it if this team was Calgary....I guess the best hope I have is possibly seeing Edmonton get the worst possible pick even if they finish last.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lol holy shit Canucks got shutout AGAIN, 0-4 against the Blues

That's 4 shutouts against in 5 games

NOTHING STOPS THIS TANK

3rd overall pick now!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If the Leafs win their 74th game there will be 6 teams within just 1 point for last place. Five of those 6 teams will have 74 games played. And five of those 6 teams are Canadian...

Socreges

Banned
Canada hasn't been terrible, I've definitely seen far worse. But our defence has not been able to handle Mexico's transition game at all, and Mexico has the quality to convert its chances.
Zero composure in the 18 yard box. They had some golden opportunities and botched them horribly. Could have been a different game since our goalkeeper and his posts otherwise did a fantastic job to keep it tight for a while.

Still a very fun game to be at. Was 10 rows up from Canada's goal in the first half, so we were close to the action for the tensest moments.

zroid

Banned
man, if we beat Boston today we can do some serious damage to their playoff chances

on the other hand, those 2 points would bring us dangerously close to the Canucks and Oilers. Tough one.

CebCsLBWEAELOeF.jpg:orig

man, if we beat Boston today we can do some serious damage to their playoff chances

on the other hand, those 2 points would bring us dangerously close to the Canucks and Oilers. Tough one.

If you could help make the eastern conference playoff chase more interesting, that would be great. Because after today, there might not much of be a western conference playoff chase.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
If the Preds beat the BJs, and the Blackhawks (somehow) lose to the Flames in regulation, we'll have the same point total.

Don't think that the Preds will actually end up sending the Hawks to the wildcard - Chicago has a sizeable ROW lead and a much easier schedule - but it would certainly be amusing if it were to happen.

Yawnier

Banned

CebCsLBWEAELOeF.jpg:orig
If only Detroit and Boston could both realistically miss the playoffs but the wild card format....

Atlantic division is so shit this year.

This may be one of those extremely rare days where I want the Pens to win....

Assuming the Wings win and we win though then we are only one point behind the Pens but the Isles still play too

So a big day for the wild card

Top Bottom