• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He got ONE GAME for whacking Carter. The NHL doesn't recognize him as the thug he is because he's talented.
That's why I said I'll be surprised if he gets the rest of the regular season, let alone playoff games. It's a joke, but a joke the league remains consistent in.

Quick

Banned
YnCp7wU.jpg

LightRemarkableGuillemot.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The smiley face on Bobo's email at the beginning. :lol

Not sure if I should be surprised that a hockey personality on the media side like Bobo Mac has candid email chains with senior NHL executives. Seems dumb that Campbell would even entertain Bob on disciplinary talks.

For a second I was thinking "wtf how'd my face get on there"

Socreges

Banned
Oilers last 3 games are spread across 13 days. Unreal

And 2 of them are against the Canucks. And those two may be decisive (probably not). I'm hopeful that a well rested Oilers squad could do some good.

zroid

Banned

And 2 of them are against the Canucks. And those two may be decisive (probably not). I'm hopeful that a well rested Oilers squad could do some good.
this is nice for us since at least someone out of you guys has to get some damn points :lol

it's going to be hard for Tor to finish 28th thanks to those 2 games

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Given that we're 3 games behind them, those are most likely going to decide whether we finish 28,29 or 30th...

GO MCJESUS

Socreges

Banned
this is nice for us since at least someone out of you guys has to get some damn points :lol

it's going to be hard for Tor to finish 28th thanks to those 2 games
True. Works out nicely for the Leafs. PLUS Flames play both the Canucks and Oilers in April.

Given that we're 3 games behind them, those are most likely going to decide whether we finish 28,29 or 30th...

GO MCJESUS
I just think... what are the chances we keep this up and lose 12 in a row? Surely we'll beat one of the SJS, ANA or LAK?

k maybe not :)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
These emails are so sad and pathetic and the worst part is they're pretty much exactly what you would expect from the NHL leadership.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol I love these back in my day league execs calling today's players soft and wussies, if that was the mandate in which they govern they league, than an older exec like someone old as Gordie Howe could say 'back in when I was playing hockey, goalie didn't wear masks, we should bring that back, today's goalies are overmasked"

Solo

He's almost at an even +/- during his streak too despite 13 of his 16 points being ES. Only +5 more to go.

The ups and downs of learning to play centre full-time in the NHL vs his 18 points in his last 17 games, leading the league in goals over the past 6 weeks, and 8 more points than the highest scoring chump on your dumpster fire of a team?

I'll take it.

imBask

Banned
Cigarettes are over doctored too. Back in my days, we could smoke and doctors even told us it was GOOD for you, they used to sell cigarettes in drug stores! Sometimes, my lungs hurt and I cough blood, but you just live with it and play with it

EDIT : going through more emails, seriously many of those SHOULD lose their job this summer. This is insane

Panthers to recall Grimaldi, rumor now is 3 weeks for Tro.

Why do these injuries happen against the Leafs. Last year was both goalies no a possible broken leg.

calder

Mike Murphy is an idiot.

And yet he'd still have to have a complete lobotomy to approach Colin Campbell. That guys been a public embarrassment for almost a decade now, but hey once you hit director level you basically need to kill someone in a meeting and eat their flesh to be punted.

calder

The one thing I think gets overlooked is the pure, complete horseshit aspect of Shanahan's "oh tough guys back in the day were working to be complete players now they just train to fight it's totally different". Not sure why hockey writers on twitter are acting like he said something profound, it's complete nonsense.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Eric Staal was already in North Carolina yesterday, days ahead of the team, as the Rangers allowed him to leave early to spend time with his family. In the meantime, he also posted this:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/eric-staal-rangers-hurricanes-letter/

Just came to post this.

It's still a shock to me that he's not a Hurricane anymore. Him and Ward were the team's identity. I'll be just as shocked and saddened when Ward (probably) isn't a member of the team this summer.

imBask

Banned
Just came to post this.

It's still a shock to me that he's not a Hurricane anymore. Him and Ward were the team's identity. I'll be just as shocked and saddened when Ward (probably) isn't a member of the team this summer.

it's a shock to some of us that the Hurricanes are still a thing, so we're even

Top Bottom