• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

calder

Аrpon Basu @ArponBasu
Habs announce Ben Scrivens will be placed on waivers at noon and will not be traveling to Tampa with the team

calder

I always felt like Scrivens deserved better, even though I can't really think of a concrete example of him getting fucked over or anything. Well, other than getting drowned in unwinnable games in Edmonton, but even that was kind of a big opportunity for him at the beginning - at least if you believed he had a decent chance at being a starter (I did anyway).

Chris R

MHMMMM THIS LOOKS FAMILIAR

original.gif

Video game reenactment of Keith being dirty

vtoA5rf.gif

If the league had any balls he'd be gone for the rest of the season or at least two rounds. Can't wait to see him back rested and ready for game 1 of the playoffs tho

Quick

Banned

Sportsnet's running with this story too.

I don't think it's really a surprise to anyone that it's down to the Leafs and Bruins to sign him. There's advantages to each side - he's got family connections with the Leafs, and the Bruins are his hometown team.

Roster-wise, the Bruins are in a better position to offer him more immediate success than the Leafs. However, he does stand a better chance at having a more prominent role with the Leafs.

I don't think he can really go wrong either way, but the Bruins might have the edge.

Reading more of these emails from the NHL... pretty sickening. Also, lost some respect for Bob MacKenzie.

Bobo Mac can be real petty and shitty, if you've ever seen him on Twitter from when he was (still clearly) new to the concept of it.

TSN's PR department probably eventually gave him a crash course on how to better handle himself on social media.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sportsnet's running with this story too.

I don't think it's really a surprise to anyone that it's down to the Leafs and Bruins to sign him. There's advantages to each side - he's got family connections with the Leafs, and the Bruins are his hometown team.

Roster-wise, the Bruins are in a better position to offer him more immediate success than the Leafs. However, he does stand a better chance at having a more prominent role with the Leafs.

I don't think he can really go wrong either way, but the Bruins might have the edge.

I agree with you but this doesn't factor in if Lou gets to speak to him.

If that happens he's coming to the Leafs, Lou is real good at negotiations.

Solo

Price is traveling with the team to Florida.

itshappening.gif

Im actually pleased about this. Small sample size, but even if he gets 2 games in it is at least something to test the knee.

calder

Bobo Mac can be real petty and shitty, if you've ever seen him on Twitter from when he was (still clearly) new to the concept of it.

TSN's PR department probably eventually gave him a crash course on how to better handle himself on social media.

So very true - he's always been prickly and quick to react to insults real or imagined, and early days on twitter you saw it clearly. His bizarre (and mercifully brief) twitter beef with Bill Simmons was a good example of Bob not knowing how to take someone else's joking comment and blowing it up.

When he talks about himself he does at least acknowledge he's a foul mouthed SOB personally to some degree.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Our tank commander is gone :(

Never heard of this goalie, but part of the deal with him signing with the Habs is he would play some games this year. Odd, but I don't see how Price even gets in a game now.

Quick

Banned
So very true - he's always been prickly and quick to react to insults real or imagined, and early days on twitter you saw it clearly. His bizarre (and mercifully brief) twitter beef with Bill Simmons was a good example of Bob not knowing how to take someone else's joking comment and blowing it up.

When he talks about himself he does at least acknowledge he's a foul mouthed SOB personally to some degree.

I remember a time where he retweeted every insult anybody tweeted at him for an entire day. That was hilarious and sad.

Red_Man

Galchenyuk and Pacioretty have been on the same line since March 5th against the Jets, in 12 games: Galchenyuk 13pts, Pacioretty 12pts

And as of 20 days ago :

Alex Galchenyuk is 15th in the NHL in 5vs5 points/60 minutes at 2.15/60. At C he's at 2.41/60, 5th among all centres with 500+ minutes.

"He's simply not good"

Foggy

Sonny Milano got called up and is gonna play against the Isles on Thursday. Considering he's a NY kid, it's a cool gesture. Homeboy's still at least one AHL year away from a roster spot, though.

Red_Man

Therrien will pull the +/- card to negate all of this.
Levelnth is actually Therrien. It all makes sense now.

#HockeySavant posting on Gaf, what a time to be alive.

here I made a chart to help my fellow habs fan understand what's happening with the Canadiens

CpqPkpr.jpg
Need to add Brown there. Took a dumbass double minor, ruined a goal and still got plenty of ice time at the end because he knows how to play the right way.

I always felt like Scrivens deserved better, even though I can't really think of a concrete example of him getting fucked over or anything. Well, other than getting drowned in unwinnable games in Edmonton, but even that was kind of a big opportunity for him at the beginning - at least if you believed he had a decent chance at being a starter (I did anyway).

I'd say being a goalie for the Oilers is a good example of him getting fucked over. Poor sod stood no chance. I don't think he'll pull a Dubnyk and make himself a starter for the team, but I feel like he could be a decent back-up if things go well for him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently even though it looks like the Rangers' magic number should be 3, a win in regulation or overtime tomorrow against the Hurricanes would clinch a playoff spot for the Rangers. The reason why 2 ROW points would be enough: the Bruins and Red Wings still have a game against one another. It's not possible for both teams to max out on points and ROWs, just one, so one more ROW for the Rangers puts them out of reach.

I'd be fine with winning tomorrow and then giving everyone a vacation for the last week. Let Raanta, McIlrath, and Lindberg lead a bunch of the Wolf Pack. We could probably still beat Buffalo and Lumbus that way. :D

Oh shit
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 16m16 minutes ago

The book is being thrown at #blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith. Offered an in-person hearing usually means 6 or more games #mnwild
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 14m14 minutes ago

5 games left in #blackhawks' season, so this opens door to Keith missing playoff games. Costly, in-the-heat-of-the-moment mistake by Keith

EDIT: Cake Boss'd

Red_Man

I'll still be surprised if he missed playoff games, but good to see they're taking this a little bit more serious than usual.

Erdrick

Speaking of NCAA, the Jets signed Brandon Tanev? Brother of the Canucks' Chris Tanev, I guess?

I've liked how our previous dealings with NCAA prospects have gone in the past, so I'm curious to how he'll turn out for us.

Top Bottom