• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

calder

Speaking of NCAA, the Jets signed Brandon Tanev? Brother of the Canucks' Chris Tanev, I guess?

I've liked how our previous dealings with NCAA prospects have gone in the past, so I'm curious to how he'll turn out for us.

He isn't much of a scorer apparently so, based on like 1 person's tweet, it sounds like he is probably signed to see how he works as a pro. Likely an AHL-level player... which the Moose could use more of frankly. Can't believe how bad that team has been this year.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
here I made a chart to help my fellow habs fan understand what's happening with the Canadiens

CpqPkpr.jpg

Lol

Quick

Banned
One of Lou's comments from the NHL emails (via r/hockey):

Lou Lamoriello commented that the Winter Classic had been a huge positive in the US, but that there had to be a good reason and the right teams involved to hold a second outdoor game during an NHL season. Mr. Lamoriello commented that if there were too many games, the League ran the risk of watering down the event quality of the Winter Classic. Mr. Lamoriello stated that building momentum for the second half of the NHL schedule after an Olympic break would be a good idea.

Lou's the type of GM that will probably write things out and immediately shred the paper after, then take each individual piece and dump it in the Hudson river.

Even with Keith in the lineup the hawks have enough flaws this year that a decent team with a good coach can beat them in a series.

That said it was a dumbass move and I think he's going to get 7 games, and since the hawks will start the playoffs on the road they'll probably be down 0-2 before they even hit home ice. Consider how crappy they've played against playoff teams this in the last 4-5 weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see them out early this year

imBask

Banned
considering the number of games left I would go for something like "rest of the season + 1st round"

but we all know that's never happening

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
considering the number of games left I would go for something like "rest of the season + 1st round"

but we all know that's never happening
This is Duncan Kieth. Of the Chicago Blackhawks.

I hope I have lots of crow to eat and this happens, but he's a darling of the NHL because he plays 32 minutes every playoff game.

Line_HTX

I hope Keith gets hit with 1st two rounds of the playoffs. Past history has to do him in.

Fucking SOB making shit excuses has he's going off the ice.

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that goaltender Robin Lehner has undergone successful surgery on his right ankle and will be unavailable for the remainder of the team’s games this season.

The Chad Johnson era continues. Gonna hit 40+ starts this season.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I hope it's 10 games at least (intentional/intent to injure, dangerous, using the stick AND a repeat offender) but classic NHL would be just giving him a rest til the end of the regular season.

Certain Affinity must have taken their assets on Halo 2 Anniversary and just copied them to Doom. Their Halo maps were always sub par, but I'll try the PC version of Doom probably.

I was reading the NHL emails and it was pretty much what I expected though Bob McKenzie having an effect on suspensions was pretty dumb.

Cake Boss

Banned
I fucking love how these so called 50 something year old experts and pros use email like its a personal messaging application with no proper formality or any formal grammer, spelling or structure. Its also amazing how they use their work email like if it were a personal one, motherfucker you are using your company's email, that shit is never private nor secure.

This fucking organization has no will to break this dumb ponda curse, starting hiller is a guaranteed loss, unless their thoughts are that he'll play with some fire because it's the ducks and he's literally playing for his contract prospects next year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This fucking organization has no will to break this dumb ponda curse, starting hiller is a guaranteed loss, unless their thoughts are that he'll play with some fire because it's the ducks and he's literally playing for his contract prospects next year.
At least you guys signed Jankowski today!

Erdrick

Good start, thanks Stuart!

He's the worst D I think I've seen in years.

I thought the game started at 7. Turn it on and they get scored on. Stuart has been absolutely abhorrent this season... And another turnover to Stone. Jeez... Talk about coming out flat.

Quick

Banned
Adding onto Bobo Mac's statement, the statement comes off as being smug, probably because of the use of "obviously" twice.

Might just be a word Bobo throws around a lot though.

Top Bottom