• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

If TSN could operate podcasts properly, I might listen more.

EDIT: For example, there's two Leafs Lunch podcasts. There's no rhyme or reason as to which one gets updated. One seemed to be updating until March 1st. Then the one podcast that hasn't had any new episodes since February 18th starts getting the March episodes.

How hard is this shit? If Sportsnet can handle it, surely TSN can handle it.

That sounds stupid as hell lol

I mainly listen to music and gaming podcasts though

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Benning: There's a website for NHL GMs to post players that are available. Every team does it. For some reason our lists get leaked to media

Benning is the gift that keeps on giving

EDIT: For example, there's two Leafs Lunch podcasts. There's no rhyme or reason as to which one gets updated. One seemed to be updating until March 1st. Then the one podcast that hasn't had any new episodes since February 18th starts getting the March episodes.

Messy, just end up listening off their site most days.

zroid

Banned
aw yiss

Gjkj53p.png

calder

It's insane how little TSN focuses on that. I had the same issues with the TSN1290 podcasts, specifically the Jets Lunch one, because it was totally random and often not uploaded or updated late and wrong.

I actually complained on Twitter to the host and the producer of the show tweeted me back a couple of times for details. He got the RSS/soundcloud/metadata issues sorted out in a few hours which was nice, but it made me realize the dude who actually produces the show on the radio had to do alllllll the podcast/internet stuff for it himself and he hadn't realized some of it wasn't working. Good on him for responding and actually sorting it all out on the weekend though. Pretty telling that TSN doesn't seem to consider it a priority at all.

Socreges

Banned
Lone, not sure. I'd imagine so.

My biggest fear in life is that the Canadiens might turn into the new Canucks

it means we'll end up spending all our money on Price, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk and stay stuck in a losing cycle forever

I'm Price #1 fan but I don't really believe he can win a cup by himself, this era is over... Galchenyuk is doing fine, but he's going to cost us a lot, so will Pacioretty and I don't think he's the captain we need

I feel like we're heading straight into cap hell and Bergevin won't do anything about it
A team that has missed the playoffs once in the last 7 years and is just now entering the "losing cycle"? A team that has an entirely reasonable cap situation unlike many teams? The Canucks became shitty because they had their success while their core was already getting old and the organization wasn't bringing in young/cheap/skilled players to support them, not because they became too expensive. And look at the Hawks. Their core has been very expensive, but they've managed to remain competitive by cycling talent in and out and not paying their support players what they feel they deserve.

imBask

Banned
Lone, not sure. I'd imagine so.

A team that has missed the playoffs once in the last 7 years and is just now entering the "losing cycle"? A team that has an entirely reasonable cap situation unlike many teams? The Canucks became shitty because they had their success while their core was already getting old and the organization wasn't bringing in young/cheap/skilled players to support them, not because they became too expensive. And look at the Hawks. Their core has been very expensive, but they've managed to remain competitive by cycling talent in and out and not paying their support players what they feel they deserve.

don't take it like that :( Canucks are like #2 or #3 in my heart, I just meant you guys missed the window (not by much) and now I don't see you winning a cup without going through a rebuild. The way I see it you're in no man's land. Middle of the pack, decent but aging core, and nothing will change until you crash and burn

Socreges

Banned
don't take it like that :( Canucks are like #2 or #3 in my heart, I just meant you guys missed the window (not by much) and now I don't see you winning a cup without going through a rebuild. The way I see it you're in no man's land. Middle of the pack, decent but aging core, and nothing will change until you crash and burn
Well, they're crashing and burning right now. I guess you're suggesting that they need top 5 picks to really turn things around. That may be true. It's definitely what I'd prefer but I don't think it's what the organization has in mind. So hopefully in a few years our youngsters have turned into top 6 fwds and top 2 dman and elite goaltenders and we can fill the holes with trades and free agents....

Matthews save us now

Top Bottom