• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Quick

Banned
Tabris probably joined in on the riot to drive Acura car sales up at his dealership by destroying cars.

for some reason 25 did nothing to me, but 26 is killing me. The thought of being 27 next year is a constant pain

25 really bothered me. Something about being a quarter century old. Worse than 30. Body isn't too far gone yet, but I already have weird shit that's probably never getting fixed.

trifelife

did I really need spoiler tag the actual intended audience with that one
sir bat seems like the kind of guy that would have gone to that to say he did and feel hard core; the rest of the fanbase knew it was a bunch of idiots that don't represent them

intentions over the internet

:)

I'm just sad about Lord Benning's botched everything, don't worry friend.

imBask

Banned
i'm 26, i'm stressed as hell about having to shop my own insurance, and I don't have a savings account

soon enough i'll have to step inside a bank to ask about RRSP, then i'll know i'm old as shit and most likely about to die

it's almost over friends

i'm 26, i'm stressed as hell about having to shop my own insurance, and I don't have a savings account

soon enough i'll have to step inside a bank to ask about RRSP, then i'll know i'm old as shit and most likely about to die

Get on that RRSP! By the time you're 32 you could be like me, with a cool 6k saved!

At 21, i'm pretty healthy.. I guess.

Real talk: You're getting to the end of the phase in your life when that'll be the case relatively effortlessly. Get ready to be drunk, fat and mean like the rest of us.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Latest Bovada Stanley Cup odds: Caps, 9/2; Hawks 5/1; Stars 10/1; Ducks/Kings 11/1; Tampa 12/1; Rangers/Sharks/Kings 14/1...
Why do the Sharks have the same odds as the Kings and Rangers? :D

...And why are the Kings there twice?

EDIT: Ok, so it's actually the Blues at 14/1, not the Kings. That makes a modicum of sense.

I'm not thirty YET, but with how I feel now I worry about the future. I never took great care of myself, and am overweight (not insanely, but enough to be considered fat and obese.) I don't like it, but I deal with bad depression which comes with terrible fatigue and anxiety that makes me feel like I have the flu all the time. Lots of that is worry about a family member who's the closest person to me and has had health issues/we don't know about.

It's pretty Hellish. I have no energy, and hate myself for not having a job or life. Jealousy sets in, so does envy (which I hate), and the mindset of misery loves company.

I was never that kind of person before the mental illness really set in, depression wise, and I don't like it at all.

and it didn't include marner, johnson, brown!

combine with leafs 2016 1st and with any 2015 draft choices making it.... gonna be crazy!

That's true. I kind of forgot about them in all the excitement. (My memory also sucks ass.)

Really exciting going forward. This is a team I can get behind, and management I trust so far. No real complaints, outside of getting little for Reims.

At the very least, they're fun to watch and root for (tanknation hoping is hard when it's a team of underdogs).

Quick

Banned

it's almost over friends

I'm trying to get a better handle on my finances, and one of the things I decided to do a few years ago was open up a TFSA. Admittedly, my TFSA almost got cleaned out after I had to make a few payments for school and other things, but I'm back on track with it again.

Now I'm working on insurance. Car insurance is taken care of, just other stuff now. I'm now really starting to look at my future and preparing myself, I guess.

Chris R

it's almost over friends

I got a piece of mail from the Social Security Department yesterday explaining how much money I'll get from them when I retire (lol) :(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Over a year ago I was starting to gain more weight than I liked so I started playing hockey, some exercising and pretty much cut out chips and beer during the week. Lost 20 lbs in 4-5 months and have been able to keep it off. Need to start running again when it gets nice.

imBask

Banned
I'm trying to get a better handle on my finances, and one of the things I decided to do a few years ago was open up a TFSA. Admittedly, my TFSA almost got cleaned out after I had to make a few payments for school and other things, but I'm back on track with it again.

Now I'm working on insurance. Car insurance is taken care of, just other stuff now. I'm now really starting to look at my future and preparing myself, I guess.

fucking car insurance will cost me 750 per year, i'm buying my moms car and she's paying 400

I HAVE NO CLAIMS IN 8 YEARS YOU SCUMBAGS

zroid

Banned
cRi7h3m.png

RIP Sportsnet

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

You should tuck that money into an RRSP first and hopefully get a refund on your taxes that you then put into your TFSA.

Debt first, put a chunk into RRSP, use the tax you get back, if any, and any other money you can spare into a TFSA.

Well, for you young fucks, enjoy your 20s and try to take care of the old body now. I was never in great shape but I could go on gaming marathons like nothing, get a few hours of slee and get right back up, drink and eat a ton.

Now I'm slightly overweight and prediabetic and like I said before, aches and pains and other shit you never think will happen to you when you're in your 20s.

I also found when I took classss in my mid - late 20s I was also a bit more motivated. Now, I can't be bothered to do shit.

imBask

Banned
Yeah what's that pick & pay stuff about?

well they HAVE to offer you a basic package at $25, the basic stuff used to be like $40-50 I think...

the big news today is that Bell ordered their employees NOT to offer the deal unless the client asks for it, which is incredibly scummy

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
well they HAVE to offer you a basic package at $25, the basic stuff used to be like $40-50 I think...

the big news today is that Bell ordered their employees NOT to offer the deal unless the client asks for it, which is incredibly scummy

Today? I read about that last week...

Quick

Banned
You should tuck that money into an RRSP first and hopefully get a refund on your taxes that you then put into your TFSA.

Debt first, put a chunk into RRSP, use the tax you get back, if any, and any other money you can spare into a TFSA.

Well, for you young fucks, enjoy your 20s and try to take care of the old body now. I was never in great shape but I could go on gaming marathons like nothing, get a few hours of slee and get right back up, drink and eat a ton.

Now I'm slightly overweight and prediabetic and like I said before, aches and pains and other shit you never think will happen to you when you're in your 20s.

I also found when I took classss in my mid - late 20s I was also a bit more motivated. Now, I can't be bothered to do shit.

The financial advisor I spoke to when I set up my TFSA said that it's probably best I keep to just a TFSA at the time, since I didn't really earn a lot of money (par time job, woo!).

Now that I have a full-time job with stable income, I'm looking into details for RRSP.

As far as everything else, I'm in the clear. Credit card can be paid off by the time I get paid next, I make (what I think are) large enough contributions to my TFSA, and it's just the matter of exploring more options for growth.

fucking car insurance will cost me 750 per year, i'm buying my moms car and she's paying 400

I HAVE NO CLAIMS IN 8 YEARS YOU SCUMBAGS

When you initially posted this issue, I thought this was monthly. Annually, I'm paying over double that amount. God help me.

tumblr_mdmop5GGW81qhdwy7o1_r1_500.gif

Did I miss a meme.

Apparently Benning called all 8 teams on Vrbata's list and none of them wanted him. Too bad he wasn't traded in the offseason.

imBask

Banned
When you initially posted this issue, I thought this was monthly. Annually, I'm paying over double that amount. God help me.

you're insane. Or rich, or both. Video games cost a lot of money, food cost a lot of money, everything cost a lot of money :(

I love Quick's work on all those avatars.

I don't wanna take credits off him but I did mine, I shamelessly stole his concept tho

So i'm playing Pokemon Y... i don't remember it being this easy lol. I can't wait to buy Pokemon Red and Sun/Moon when I get the chance

Quick

Banned
you're insane. Or rich, or both. Video games cost a lot of money, food cost a lot of money, everything cost a lot of money :(

I can live, but by no means am I rich. I don't sell cars or have my parents give me money.

But for real, that's what the insurance company quoted me at, and I just ran with it.

So i'm playing Pokemon Y... i don't remember it being this easy lol. I can't wait to buy Pokemon Red and Sun/Moon when I get the chance

The campaigns in the Pokemon games are almost always easy so long as you level up early on. I usually spend a good amount of time over levelling.

The after campaign stuff is difficult, though. The Elite 4 stuff is too involved for me.

Yawnier

Banned
Also I didn't see anyone post the sadness chart as of yesterday:

CcYsh0HUEAA4ns7.jpg

Columbus skyrocketing
Carolina skyrocketing
Philly plummeting
Toronto plummeting (bless this mess)

zroid

Banned
Can't believe Oilers @ Sabres isn't being televised nationally in Canada, I thought SNet would want to milk that matchup as much as they could

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Can't believe Oilers @ Sabres isn't being televised in Canada, I thought SNet would want to milk that matchup as much as they could

it is of huge interest to nearly every canadian team! if oilers accidentally win, there may be hope!

Top Bottom