• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Razorskin

----- ------
cQZ7Daq.png

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/704754372694003712

Shane Prince loving this trade.

Silexx

I'm trying to get a better handle on my finances, and one of the things I decided to do a few years ago was open up a TFSA. Admittedly, my TFSA almost got cleaned out after I had to make a few payments for school and other things, but I'm back on track with it again.

Now I'm working on insurance. Car insurance is taken care of, just other stuff now. I'm now really starting to look at my future and preparing myself, I guess.

You should tuck that money into an RRSP first and hopefully get a refund on your taxes that you then put into your TFSA.

Debt first, put a chunk into RRSP, use the tax you get back, if any, and any other money you can spare into a TFSA.

Look at us, NHL-GAF, acting all responsible and shit. We've sure grown up.

Fucking cunt ass piece of shit gm fucking fall down the stairs already.

Well, maybe not everyone...

Cake Boss

Banned
Look at us, NHL-GAF, acting all responsible and shit. We've sure grown up.

Well, maybe not everyone...

Ok sorry. As for RRSPs never think about them short term, they aren't stocks. Long term its gonna offset any type of low current currency exchanges. Go for it now instead of waiting and hoping the dollar rebounds in 5 years.

imBask

Banned
Ok sorry. As for RRSPs never think about them short term, they aren't stocks. Long term its gonna offset any type of low current currency exchanges. Go for it now instead of waiting and hoping the dollar rebounds in 5 years.

The only reason I haven't taken care of it yet is VIDEO GAMES

Quick

Banned
Just got an alert on my phone that the Toronto won against Philadelphia.

Confused, thinking it was just a late alert, I open up The Score app and saw that it's the Jays' first spring training game. :D

Just got an alert on my phone that the Toronto won against Philadelphia.

Confused, thinking it was just a late alert, I open up The Score app and saw that it's the Jays' first spring training game. :D

YAY BLUE JAYS WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think It's time to put on my Blue Jays Cap.

Did you also smoke some briskets and watch friends?

I was probably too young for Friends, or in the wrong age group when it came out anyways. HIMYM was the closest I ever got to getting really into a sitcom, but really only for a couple of seasons. The only TV I really watch any more is sketch comedy.

What is a brisket?

I don't know what to think about the Blue Jays. Last year was so magical, and what happened in the off-season was the opposite.

They still have a really solid line-up that can cause damage, but the pitching likely won't be good enough to compete for a championship. I don't want to get my hopes up again, and be disappointed like that. But I guess that's just part of being a fan.

I can become overloaded and bored with baseball as there's so much of it. I'm not as big of a fan of the sport as I am of the Blue Jays. I usually watch a ton of games at the start of the year, then cool down.

zroid

Banned
I don't know what to think about the Blue Jays. Last year was so magical, and what happened in the off-season was the opposite.

They still have a really solid line-up that can cause damage, but the pitching likely won't be good enough to compete for a championship. I don't want to get my hopes up again, and be disappointed like that. But I guess that's just part of being a fan.

I can become overloaded and bored with baseball as there's so much of it. I'm not as big of a fan of the sport as I am of the Blue Jays. I usually watch a ton of games at the start of the year, then cool down.

The pitching is actually better than it was last year

not better than it was after July, but over the course of the entire season it's quite a bit better

Yeah, not sure what you're so down about, Chewie. Last year, the Padres went out and made the biggest off season splashes signing a ton of guys at big contracts and then the whole thing imploded on them.

Toronto has an amazing core of players. They have as good a shot as anyone in the division. Hell, these years might end up being Toronto's second era of glory. You should be out there taking in all this team has to give, because this is as good a collection of players as a city has any right expecting to be able to watch on a day to day basis. The negativity on that team when they're so good drives me nutty.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

not better than it was after July, but over the course of the entire season it's quite a bit better

technically hitting too... because devon travis got injured before the jays run and big trades

Syrinx

Canes lines at morning skate today.

Nordstrom-Staal-Lindholm
Skinner-Rask-Di Giuseppe
Gerbe-Nash-Malone
McGinn-Ryan-Terry

Slavin-Hainsey
Hanifin-Pesce
Jordan-Murphy

Lack
Ward

Silexx

In all seriousness, this is solid advice. I've had to hold myself back a few times because I've had some major setbacks in one of my mutual funds, but I know it would be beyond dumb to trade and switch it now. The downward turn won't last and long term I'll come ahead. Hell, all my other funds are ahead and have offset my losses.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But having someone like Chavez in the rotation is worrying, because he's never been that good.

I like Happ, but he can be inconsistent.

We just don't have a proper ace, unless Stroman becomes that this year and he has potential. So I worry.

Yeah, not sure what you're so down about, Chewie. Last year, the Padres went out and made the biggest off season splashes signing a ton of guys at big contracts and then the whole thing imploded on them.

Toronto has an amazing core of players. They have as good a shot as anyone in the division. Hell, these years might end up being Toronto's second era of glory. You should be out there taking in all this team has to give, because this is as good a collection of players as a city has any right expecting to be able to watch on a day to day basis. The negativity on that team when they're so good drives me nutty.

True

I don't know what it is about me. I guess I just got so disappointed last year and mad with some of the moves this offseason (plus losing AA). It's hard to become as excited right now. But my depression is a factor, too.

I'll likely get more excited as the season comes closer.

technically hitting too... because devon travis got injured before the jays run and big trades

Isn't Travis still rehabbing, though? He has a lot of potential, but who knows when he'll be ready or if he can stay healthy.

Cake Boss

Banned
In all seriousness, this is solid advice. I've had to hold myself back a few times because I've had some major setbacks in one of my mutual funds, but I know it would be beyond dumb to trade and switch it now. The downward turn won't last and long term I'll come ahead. Hell, all my other funds are ahead and have offset my losses.

The only way I can justify selling your mutual fund after a year or two of decline is if your 75 years old. You might not be there to see it rebound lol. Also diversify those funds motherfuckers, some industries have shit years no matter which company. More industries the better.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol can't wait for that bubble to burst nice warm semen all over your white sheets. Enjoy dat 2% interest rates while it lasts.

I don't know what it is about me. I guess I just got so disappointed last year and mad with some of the moves this offseason (plus losing AA). It's hard to become as excited right now. But my depression is a factor, too.

I appreciate your struggles, certainly. Absolutely not saying anything about your personal perspective. Thinking about the other million Toronto sports fans who are anything but ecstatic thinking about a team with Bats, Rainbringer, Ed, Tulo, Stroman, Storen... my god that team is loaded.

Go A's East!

Saving is for boring people. Real estate is for exciting people.

How's the Corolla selling business. By the way, Los Angeles real estate... do you buy or rent?

Tabris

Speaking of which, it's time for NHL-GAF exclusive - Part 3 of Asian bedsheets with Tabris. This part features very comfortable white sheets and duvet in my apartment on Koh Samui.

ias4xHh.jpg

This is the view I wake up to:

coZgIfm.jpg

Yeah, I guess you're right. But having someone like Chavez in the rotation is worrying, because he's never been that good.

I like Happ, but he can be inconsistent.

We just don't have a proper ace, unless Stroman becomes that this year and he has potential. So I worry.

Chavez won't be in the rotation unless someone is injured. He's a replacement 5th guy or a long reliever for the bullpen. My guess for the (healthy) OD rotation is Stroman, Estrada, Happ, Dickey and Sanchez.

I get where you're coming from though. Us Jays fans are conditioned to expect the team to underwhelm, chase the .500 record, because that's what the org did for 20 years. But this year is different. The roster going into the 2016 season is far better than the one that went into the 2015 season.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Right...cause the only problem with Crapmondump is "lack of character players"

Not the lack of an AHL team at the time and now poor AHL team.
Not their incompetent management team that can't develop players and can't make trades to help the team.
Not their inept scouting department that can't really draft a player outside of their numerous top 10 picks.
Not their revolving door of coaches because it's obviously not the players' faults.
Not their piece of shit owner who held the city ransom for a new arena deal.

Top Bottom