• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Merguson

Banned
The Hockey News at its finest.

And even if he never scores a goal or registers an assist for the Maple Leafs in the 103 games he’s due to play for them over the rest of this season and the next, he’ll be worth every penny of his $4 million salary and his $4.5 million salary cap hit.

ZlgW7nb.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Oh wow this habs lunch is amazing. Apparently Seguin fucked a teenage wife? And Subban is patting peoples heads too hard? This shit is what I live for.

zroid

Banned
Out of curiosity I just made a rough estimate of what the Leafs cap hit next season would look like, assuming they don't trade, sign, or buy out anyone (except Cowen), and replaced all their UFAs with players on ELCs. (I guessed at the cap hit of their RFAs based on production / current salary / comparables).

Should be around $67M (that includes Horton's $5.3M).

The cap ceiling is $71.4M this year, and it's probably going to be about the same next year assuming the players use the escalator.

That gives them, at most, ~$11M for UFAs aka Stamkos

If they want more cap space next year they're going to have to find a way to trade Greening ($2.65M) or Bozak ($4.2M), or perhaps buy out Laich ($4.5M, with buyout cap hit $1.83M next year)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i assume bozak will get some trade interest because some GMs are still crazy

i know it's awesome bernier failed so badly but it sucks because now no one wants him :<

zroid

Banned
There's actually a lot of interesting matchups on tonight lol

Avs/Wild -- both fighting for last playoff spot
Oilers/Sabres -- McEichel Bowl
Pens/Caps -- long time rivals
Flames/Bruins -- Dougie returns to Boston

It's funny hearing you guys bitching about the Wild when you employ Iginla, who is such a primadonna bitch that he reffed a fight he was in, after he ducked into a guy's lowered head and called it a headbutt.

Landeskog, meanwhile, is the most immature captain in the league - completely losing his mind several times a game every time he plays against the Wild. I'd complain, but he gievs us so many powerplays it all evens out.

Erik Johnson is a guy who trucked down the ice at full speed in the waning seconds of a game in an attempt to kill a guy a couple of seasons ago, and even after the buzzer sounded and the refs blew their whistles, Johnson swung through and would have hit the guy if not for him dodging out of the way.

But not that it matters because 2-1 baebae

It's funny hearing you guys bitching about the Wild when you employ Iginla, who is such a primadonna bitch that he reffed a fight he was in, after he ducked into a guy's lowered head and called it a headbutt.

Landeskog, meanwhile, is the most immature captain in the league - completely losing his mind several times a game every time he plays against the Wild. I'd complain, but he gievs us so many powerplays it all evens out.

Erik Johnson is a guy who trucked down the ice at full speed in the waning seconds of a game in an attempt to kill a guy a couple of seasons ago, and even after the buzzer sounded and the refs blew their whistles, Johnson swung through and would have hit the guy if not for him dodging out of the way.

But not that it matters because 2-1 baebae

Don't worry though, Johnson is a good Minnesotan kid. And continue to ignore all of the bullshit the Wild dishes out. I expect no different.

Razorskin

----- ------
Can the Wild please get their shit together and face the Avs in the playoffs? We need something to make up for not having another Canucks-Flames matchup.

Don't worry though, Johnson is a good Minnesotan kid. And continue to ignore all of the bullshit the Wild dishes out. I expect no different.

Johnson sucks.

Suter swings his stick a lot, yeah. He cross checks a lot, yeah. Dubnyk gets mad, yeah. He pushes people away from the crease, yeah. Not sure what else you want me to say.

Johnson sucks.

Suter swings his stick a lot, yeah. He cross checks a lot, yeah. Dubnyk gets mad, yeah. He pushes people away from the crease, yeah. Not sure what else you want me to say.

All I expect is that if you're going to rally against players on another team as much as you do against us that either the Wild play squeaky fucking clean or you understand that shit like the bad blood between these teams is give and take.

Top Bottom