• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Quikies83

Dallas people:
What would be the best route for a out-of-towner to try and acquire playoff tickets?
Craigslist seems sketchy these days. I would more than likely be going solo as I don't believe my aunt (who I'll be visiting in Dallas for this future trip) will be able to afford them.
Maybe a StarsGAF meetup?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta say, goals 4 and 5 are pretty awful for Raanta to give up. Islanders should have had nothing for the rest of the game after that opening 3 goal salvo.

Even still, the team was inexcusably unprepared to start this game. That's on AV and the coaching staff. The fact that we gave up 3 goals in the first 4:45 of the game and still had a realistic chance to win is remarkable, sure, but 99% of the time the rest of the game isn't going to pan out the way this one did.

The Islanders are now only 3 points behind the Rangers, and they have 3 games in hand.

Also, Eric Staal was 20/22 on faceoffs tonight. So of course Stepan, who had the worst faceoff percentage on the Rangers tonight, is the one taking the defensive zone draw with less than 2 minutes to go. Okay.

Pikma

Banned
Dallas people:
What would be the best route for a out-of-towner to try and acquire playoff tickets?
Craigslist seems sketchy these days. I would more than likely be going solo as I don't believe my aunt (who I'll be visiting in Dallas for this future trip) will be able to afford them.
Maybe a StarsGAF meetup?
I'd definitely be there if I hadn't moved to Spain, at least that was my previous plan ;_;

KingBroly

Banned
Gotta say, goals 4 and 5 are pretty awful for Raanta to give up. Islanders should have had nothing for the rest of the game after that opening 3 goal salvo.

Even still, the team was inexcusably unprepared to start this game. That's on AV and the coaching staff. The fact that we gave up 3 goals in the first 4:45 of the game and still had a realistic chance to win is remarkable, sure, but 99% of the time the rest of the game isn't going to pan out the way this one did.

The Islanders are now only 3 points behind the Rangers, and they have 3 games in hand.

Also, Eric Staal was 20/22 on faceoffs tonight. So of course Stepan, who had the worst faceoff percentage on the Rangers tonight, is the one taking the defensive zone draw with less than 2 minutes to go. Okay.

That's what happens when you start double shifting a guy and he gets exhausted.

Stasis

Was watching with my gf (which is really rare!) and explaining things, and as soon as I saw Step out for that faceoff I was annoyed. I'm explaining why to my her and they score. Perfect timing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's what happens when you start double shifting a guy and he gets exhausted.

He could have gone. He had literally just won a faceoff immediately prior to that but the puck was deflected out of play.

And even then, every other Rangers center but Stepan was over 50% on faceoffs in the game...

KingBroly

Banned
He could have gone. He had literally just won a faceoff immediately prior to that but the puck was deflected out of play.

And even then, every other Rangers center but Stepan was over 50% on faceoffs in the game...

If the coach didn't put him in that situation to begin with, he wouldn't have worried about his legs in that situation.

Quick

Banned
Continuing with the trend of adulthood discussion here, I might just attempt to file my own taxes this year.

Seems like a big task to undertake.

Samyy

Continuing with the trend of adulthood discussion here, I might just attempt to file my own taxes this year.

Seems like a big task to undertake.

In your situation it's likely very simple, probably just inputting T slips?
If you have any questions or anything if be happy to help!

Quick

Banned
In your situation it's likely very simple, probably just inputting T slips?
If you have any questions or anything if be happy to help!

Yeah, this seems to be the case. I just went to SimpleTax online, since it was recommended by a friend. I haven't done anything on it yet, but everything is laid out for me it seems.

Thanks Samyy. I might take you up on that if anything. :D

zroid

Banned
CmJX8g7.png

🔥🔥🔥

zroid

Banned
Offside reviews that have to rule on whether a player has control while entering the zone remind me of "catch" decisions in the NFL

zroid

Banned
Why is it so hard to produce good national NHL broadcasts?

NBC is only good when they get the TSN guys (Cuthbert, Ferraro, Miller) to do the commentary

SN is only good when Mike Johnson is doing colour

and the intermission analysis is always awful

Cake Boss

Banned
Anson Carter doing the intermission report lol. He looks half asleep and boring as fuck.

Gotta love the good ole I have a pen in my hands during these things so I can look smart while talking, even tho I don't need to write anything to do my job.

Its the new glasses

Quick

Banned
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/could-pierre-mcguire-be-an-nhl-gm-scotty-bowman-thinks-so/

pull the trigger habs

its not too late to fix the mistake you made on May 2nd, 2012

Joking aside, I think McGuire's gone far too deep with hockey broadcasting now to have some sort of grasp of reality with NHL business.

Though, Bowman does still endorse him. Who knows.

yuss oilers

Flames are now second last with 58 points, and with a game tomorrow against the Sharks.

Leafs play tomorrow against the Sabres, aka the Leaf killers.

Sabres and Sharks win could further the tankaku.

Yawnier

Banned
Leafs play tomorrow against the Sabres, aka the Leaf killers.

Sabres and Sharks win could further the tankaku.

Tomorrow I'm expecting:

2 goals from Matt Moulson
1 goal from Eichel
1 goal from one of the other young guns (Girgs/Risto/Reinhart)

Am I missing anybody on the sabres?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The only way McGuire would accept a GM job would be with a guaranteed 5 year contract which I doubt any current owner would give him. He has it really good at NBC.

Top Bottom