• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Coyotes say nobody in the organization knew about Tinordi's failed drug test before they acquired him.
NHL would have known though and they allowed it to go through. Pretty fucked up.

7YZyyMz.jpg

John Gibson's new Mask.

You guys still don't get that the Coyotes not only got rid of Scott and took on for Tinordi for the NHL, but that they did so to ensure they got the #1 pick?

Also why they traded one of their best offensive players for Tanguay, a guy who can barely stay on his skates? Also why they continue to lose at a ridiculous pace, just to make it look good when AZ gets that #1?

The hat. It must be worn tighter. C'mon sheeple, wake up!

John Gibson's new Mask.

Knew there was a big Nintendo/Ducks crossover.

zroid

Banned
I've always wondered about TJ Brennan, he has this reputation for being poor defensively which has followed him around for years. At 26 he hasn't had enough of a shot in the NHL yet to draw any conclusions from shot metrics, but what little sample there is doesn't really indicate he's all that bad. It would be really sad if this legit 2nd pair D-man had been stuck in the minors throughout his prime.

zroid

Banned
Damn, Halak is out for 6 weeks minimum

on the bright side, Chris Gibson should get an extended look now, I'm happy for him

Socreges

Banned
Oh okay cool! And yeah I remember you were in DC for what kinda seemed like a little while.

I was just curious. Cool that travelling is somewhat a part of what you do though.
Yeah, I like it but it's pretty stressful. Flying back to DC this weekend so I can get yelled at in person.

And interesting development: I'm not getting the Chicago project. My boss is. But this would mean he'd give me his NYC one. :eek:

Hopefully the Islanders aren't relocated anytime soon.

Can't risk getting him claimed and losing him for nothing.
Leafs would claim him instantly. They're still looking for pugnacity and truculence, right?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Got the email that the voting for the Rangers' annual Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award is now open. Voting was pretty easy the last couple of seasons since there were real obvious picks (Zucc, Talbot), but I'm pretty torn this year. Debating between Jesper Fast, Keith Yandle, and Zucc, I think.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah, I like it but it's pretty stressful. Flying back to DC this weekend so I can get yelled at in person.

And interesting development: I'm not getting the Chicago project. My boss is. But this would mean he'd give me his NYC one. :eek:

Hopefully the Islanders aren't relocated anytime soon.
Stay away from my car.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We can't talk about the Oilers without a page full of insults.
Dat dynasty envy.

Why would a Habs fan be jealous of the Oilers dynasty?

Oh also the Soc I imagine wears a fancy tuxedo shirt, he also buys me ice cream when I'm feeling down and reminds me how shitty my team is.

ShaneB

I'm considering going for a round when I'm in Cali in April, because the golf season here doesn't usually start until like June for reals. Almost zero snow this year though, so it might allow the courses to open up a bit sooner.

Just got back from hitting some balls, aching for the courses to open in hopefully a few weeks.

I can relate though, my hometown had short summers, so it felt like golf season was just a few months, if that. So when I had a membership back then I nearly played every day I could.

Chris R

Just got back from hitting some balls, aching for the courses to open in hopefully a few weeks.

I can relate though, my hometown had short summers, so it felt like golf season was just a few months, if that. So when I had a membership back then I nearly played every day I could.

The best part about golfing in Alaska is that I can get a full 18 in after work if I want with zero sunlight issues, while paying the twilight rate :D

ShaneB

The best part about golfing in Alaska is that I can get a full 18 in after work if I want with zero sunlight issues, while paying the twilight rate :D

Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome. I am a bit jealous knowing that some of those golf course vistas in Alaska must be beautiful. Book I'm reading now also mentioned how late the sun set in St Andrews, and it seemed pretty awesome. I do most of my golfing during twilight hours too.

Socreges

Banned
Why would a Habs fan be jealous of the Oilers dynasty?

Oh also the Soc I imagine wears a fancy tuxedo shirt, he also buys me ice cream when I'm feeling down and reminds me how shitty my team is.
I would buy you Neapolitan ice cream and as you're enjoying it ask you accusingly about that time you said you weren't big on vanilla.

zroid

Banned
Interesting, wonder why they're moving winter classic from New Years. Hope it's in the evening, that was the coolest classic

Apparently it's because Jan 1, 2017 is a Sunday. The Winter Classic is supposed to be on the New Year's "holiday", which will be the Monday

Top Bottom