• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

iLLmAtlc

This is why the NHL and NBA don't mix.

TtPgvsc.gif

loool

Quick

Banned
He says this but they're both emergency call-ups :lol

I'm not sure whom they're replacing exactly but they literally can't both stay up if those guys get healthy. One can if they decide to use their last regular call-up on him.

I'm guessing he means this as a general thing for next season. lol

Also, just watched the Elliotte Friedman interview with Lou. RIP Elliotte...gonna find him at the bottom of Lake Ontario soon, with the questions he threw at Lou.

tumblr_ld62j6Dj1D1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

He says this but they're both emergency call-ups :lol

I'm not sure whom they're replacing exactly but they literally can't both stay up if those guys get healthy. One can if they decide to use their last regular call-up on him.

Not sure it's 100%, but I read a tweet by some hockey analyst a few days ago that emergency call-ups aren't actually bound to return when the player they're covering for does. Leafs should be able to send whoever they want down, I think.

[edit] Not Twitter, but here: http://www.thestar.com/sports/break...door-game-that-doesn-t-include-the-leafs.html So not whoever, from what it says, but any emergency call-up can go down it seems. So I misunderstood that.

Ben Smith, Zach Hyman, Nikita Soshnikov, Brendan Leipsic, Kasperi Kapanen: They were all emergency call-ups. All are eligible for the AHL playoffs. Emergeny callups, interestingly, are not tied to the reason they were called up.

That Leipsic and Kapanen were returned to the Marlies ("loaned" is the word you'll see more often, because that's the CBA term) on Sunday was entirely on merit. The Leafs could have chosen any of the five to send back when Milan Michalek and Brad Boyes were cleared to play.

Socreges

Banned
Vrbata breakaway goal after one of the laziest Canucks shifts I've ever seen.

Granlund is just... is he really this slow or does he just not give a shit.

Top Bottom