• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Well that was good until it lasted. McGuire saying Norrisson should play more like Doughty and the radio tard suggested a Norrisson trade. Sigh the old dumbasses make this fanbase look like idiots.

Who are these people?

Who would suggest trading the best dman in the game atm.

Curufinwe

The only way I see him resign is a cleansing of top management to the coaching staff and we see a more forward thinking GM take place, Julien Brisbois pls. Draft and develop skill over character and bullshit that we have been fed the past 9 years.

Luke fucking Richardson is our fucking defensive coach, you want to know why our defense sucks, there it is. What a joke, only in this organisation where a shitty Dman his whole career with no coaching experience at all gets the responsibility of coaching our defense. And one of our assistants GM is Randy Lee with no managerial or scouting experience was just our prospect camp guy just 3 years ago, he gets jolted up to be an assistant GM and our farm team is now a fucking joke.

Richardson has coached your AHL team for over three years now.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=4556

calder

Winnipeg could finish dead last. What the hell happened?

I really doubt we could catch the Leafs, but it would be pretty damn nice.

As to what happened, basically everything bad that could happen did. The teams we beat in the Central last season got better, we got a bit worse, and it happened early enough in the season that it was clear they couldn't make the playoffs months ago. Which was very fortunate because it let the team be realistic and trade Ladd, keep the kids in the minors, etc. Add a few injuries and the fact the teams *two* best goalies are in the AHL and you have a team just playing out the string. Thank god, the worst thing for this team would have been if they were like 5 points outside a playoff spot at the trade deadline, they definitely would have ended up not making it, drafting like 11th or some shit and losing Ladd and/or Buff for nothing in the summer.

I just can't stop thinking about the draft lottery. Matthews would be incredible and help this team so much so fast. Laine would be excellent as well, and Puljujarvi would be almost as good as Laine. After this shitshow of a season drafting 5 or 6 would be a big disappointment.

Socreges

Banned
Hey guys! Greetings from Switzerland.

Matthews just had his last game over here as the Zurich Lions are out in the first round of playoffs with 4-0 games. They had dominated the regular season, and Matthews had a big part of it, but lost out against a team that barely made it into play-offs. Really looking forward to what he will do in the NHL, he was a joy to watch even when he scored against my team.
So what you're saying is Matthews can't perform in the playoffs. Should fit right in with the Oilers.

So TUSR was right about Erased.

I should've listened

hRDoteF.gif

Hey guys! Greetings from Switzerland.

Matthews just had his last game over here as the Zurich Lions are out in the first round of playoffs with 4-0 games. They had dominated the regular season, and Matthews had a big part of it, but lost out against a team that barely made it into play-offs. Really looking forward to what he will do in the NHL, he was a joy to watch even when he scored against my team.

Hello Switzerland!

The Arizona Coyotes and its fan would like to thank you and your fine nation for treating Mr. Matthews so well.

We both look forward to welcoming him back home with the first pick in this year's NHL draft thanks to the generosity and support of our great leader, Mr. Bettman.

It would be neat to see him play though... he's def not very old and was in the same draft as Nylander lol.

I've heard pretty good things about that but I haven't seen it

The build up and premise of Erased is great but the last episode kinda ruined all momentum toward a good ending. Only Two episodes left and it's gonna be rushed.

Silexx

They need to call out this BS team management out. Cancer or no

Even more amusing is it's pretty much the same roster for next year. Chris Neil's 1000th game might be the only highlight next year.

I didn't listen to Pierre but trading him might not be bad since he might not resign for another 7 seven years with this tire fire team.

What I want to know is where were these rants when it actually mattered? They've only started calling out management because the Sens are pretty much now out of the playoff picture and thus it is now 'safe' to call the team out.

What I want to know is where were these rants when it actually mattered? They've only started calling out management because the Sens are pretty much now out of the playoff picture and thus it is now 'safe' to call the team out.

Media always plays up the fans emotions. Positive/homer articles when the team is doing great.

Negative articles and ranting after a big loss/playoff exit.

A whole bunch of fans/blogs have been writing 'negative' articles/tweets for quite some time questioning the team's direction and the moves make. 6th Sens being the first that comes to mind.

Even James Gordon(former editor at the Citizen I think) wrote a critical piece(amusingly after he longer works for the paper which sponsors the team).

http://www.ottawareport.com/gordon-the-ottawa-senators-have-no-plan-and-it-still-shows/

Line_HTX

So TUSR was right about Erased.

I should've listened

I still like it, but it's not the WORST thing ever, even though shit was too obvious.

I'd say it's a disappointment, but a lot of people have been going in on it like boarding somebody from behind.

I guess it's just a matter of expectations and what kind of thriller you want. I don't know how they'll present the ending.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Forward and D getting called up, would like to finally see Hudon get some decent playing time.

#Habs Therrien on Galchenyuk: "He deserves a lot credit for the way he's developed. He's not the same player he was three months ago."
AKA he wasn't playing 18 minutes a night and shooting at 80%

Red_Man

Tony just said he's spoken with two Habs executives and he says for a fact Desharnais won't be here next season

0Bmk6oq.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
What the hell? Smith Pelly has 3 goals in 4 games with New Jersey? THERRRIIIIEEEEEEENNNNN

He was great for us, too. I don't know what happened to him once he got to you guys. Hardest worker on the team, easily. He didn't have a million goals but he made a difference.

Red_Man

He was great for us, too. I don't know what happened to him once he got to you guys. Hardest worker on the team, easily. He didn't have a million goals but he made a difference.
You're going to trigger imbask with posts like these

Red_Man

It's nice to have dreams.
Annnnnnd he just said that Therrien will be back next year

e8a5w9s.gif

DSP was hot trash, I don't care what anyone says i've never seen a player give so little fucks in my life. Therrien gave him at least 3 auditions on the first line and he did noooothing
Remember when he scored 2 goals against the Rangers right after Gallagher went out? That was fun while it lasted.

imBask

Banned
Remember when he scored 2 goals against the Rangers right after Gallagher went out? That was fun while it lasted.

Laraque once scored a hat trick in Edmonton too ya know, that's one more than Galchenyuk can score heyooooo
jk i'm happy for him

Red_Man

I wonder what GM, if any would consider trading for Davey Desharnais
A Leafs fan of all people should understand anyone can be traded. We'd have to take some garbage back I'm sure, but if it means he can't be used it will be worth it. Addition by subtraction.

You can't have both Red.

I personally see Desharnais more of a problem than Therrien being back next season. Danault took his role and he's bigger and French.

Hopefully Plekanec is gone too
Except no other coach would use Desharnais like this, so we get a new coach and Desharnais doesn't even need to leave because any other coach would scratch him or bury him on the 3rd line.

Yawnier

Banned
A Leafs fan of all people should understand anyone can be traded. We'd have to take some garbage back I'm sure, but if it means he can't be used it will be worth it. Addition by subtraction.
As long as you guys are (maybe) willing to take a sort of shit contract back with 1 or 2 years left on it to make the cap work if Bergevin won't buy DD out.

As much as the leafs were able to get rid of Clarkson and Phaneuf they had to take a lot of shit back. Most of it being short team tho

let's just say he'll be a star in that lineup of yours

Noooooooo

We already have too many #3Cs in Bozo and Holland

Top Bottom