• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

For those of you playing The Division, how is it? How's the gunplay/open-world implementation? I remember watching a video of it having really weird gun physics... But hearing a lot of people switching from Destiny to it, so... Worth it/10?

Better content than Destiny's launch, Dark Zone is cool, it's fucking stunning on PC, gun mechanics are VERY much like Rainbowsix Vegas. I like it so far, got about 10 hours.

iLLmAtlc

Here is another EASHL adventure

7kjmEgG.jpg

Refhawks, it's in the game

For those of you playing The Division, how is it? How's the gunplay/open-world implementation? I remember watching a video of it having really weird gun physics... But hearing a lot of people switching from Destiny to it, so... Worth it/10?

I'm really enjoying it. To me it fills the void left by Freedom Fighters, with elements of Splinter Cell, R6 Vegas 2, Borderlands and Pay Day 2 thrown in.

As long as you enjoy cover shooters, you'll probably find a lot of value in the game. Helps too if you like the pseudo-realism of Tom Clancy mil-sims.

Solo play is pretty solid. The PvE areas are full of encounters, missions and story missions. And the world itself is probably best explored by yourself so you can take in all the details.

Co-op is excellent. It's fun in the PvE area, and it's hilariously fun in the PvP/PvE Dark Zone.

Cake Boss

Banned
The division is a good game. First shooter in a while where it actually feels like the guns have recoil and you cant spray and pray everywhere. Good mechanics, alot of content, good loot or progression system, awesome graphics and tone n atmosphere. The complaints so far is that it can get repetitive, AI is stupid and not a huge wide variety of enemies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm really enjoying it. To me it fills the void left by Freedom Fighters, with elements of Splinter Cell, R6 Vegas 2, Borderlands and Pay Day 2 thrown in.

As long as you enjoy cover shooters, you'll probably find a lot of value in the game. Helps too if you like the pseudo-realism of Tom Clancy mil-sims.

Solo play is pretty solid. The PvE areas are full of encounters, missions and story missions. And the world itself is probably best explored by yourself so you can take in all the details.

Co-op is excellent. It's fun in the PvE area, and it's hilariously fun in the PvP/PvE Dark Zone.

I played the shit out of GRAW... I miss that game. Coop was sooo gooooood. That and Conflict Desert Storm back in the good old days of split-screen coop...

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I'm liking division okay so far. Side missions are very repetitive and there's tons of shit to collect. Can't try dark zone as I don't have ps+ but from the beta I didnt like it. Gear is kinda meh but being modern/realistic there's not a lot they can do. Cosmetics are meh too. I dunno I'm almost half way through at only 20ish hrs. Was hoping this would last a bit longer.

Why you no release world wide on March 24 dark souks 3?

Foggy

Was hoping for a better treatment for this one. Looking forward to getting out for a match.

Yeah, the Pens posters have largely been disappointing. I think the last one was an adult Pens eating at the kids table during Thanksgiving or some such silliness.

Silexx

It looks a bit like McCown is resenting Brunt's, and other's, successes.

Or he's right and Rogers is mismanaging its content and talent.

Maybe both!

Pretty sure he still has the #1 rated sports talk show in the country. I think he's starting to feel like he's getting the short end of the stick promotion-wise from Rogers.

Foggy

I forgot Bob was coming back on the force tonight. I'd love to see a good showing from him, but if memory serves he typically has a rough night when coming back from hiatus.

Edit: And it looks like Sestito was scratched? Maybe the Torts/Sullivan connection? Or maybe Sestito is just trash?

What discourse does the NHL think they have after the wideman appeal? The CBA says its final, what sort of compensation is Calgary due as a result of those 9 games lost?

Foggy

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This is some silly ass shit

4th line all-stars Bourque stretch pass to Boll who feeds Campbell for a one-timer goal

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I love the lore and setting of Dark Souls 1 so much.

Bloodborne is my overall favorite though
My game of the generation thus far. It helps that the co op works much better than previous games and there aren't as many fucking cheap ass deaths. I also prefer the focus on offense as well.

hockey related: lolwtf...so Wideman's suspension has been reduced to 10 games and he's already served 19.

Wow...just...wow....

iLLmAtlc

What discourse does the NHL think they have after the wideman appeal? The CBA says its final, what sort of compensation is Calgary due as a result of those 9 games lost?

I'm not sure on this but I think the NHL could still ask for a court to review it. It's not uncommon for courts to ignore those clauses and look at it anyway. E.g. a court could simply read "final" as meaning no further appeals to NHL officials.

That said, there's probably a very small chance of winning. The court's not gonna let them re-try the case. It'll be looking for major errors (misunderstood the CBA) or gross unfairness (deflategate).

Compensation is probably nothing lol.

Yeah, the Pens posters have largely been disappointing. I think the last one was an adult Pens eating at the kids table during Thanksgiving or some such silliness.
Coming from someone raised round Ohio, went to the first BJs game, was hoping for something frameable. Can't deal with the Thanksgiving print. Too bad, is this our last matchup there?

It's been sloppy but it's gonna even out here.

Yawnier

Banned
Seeing Gunnarsson makes me think that Nonis actually won the Polak trade. Gunnarsson has zero value and is dogshit at scoring and possession, while Polak got the Leafs two second round picks.

There is a good chance that St. Louis loses Gunnar for nothing too. He is a UFA this summer.

I wasn't a fan of that trade by nonis at the time but the two 2nds now is nice. Gonna have to get at least one NHL player out of those 2nds though.

Top Bottom