• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Socreges

Banned
Holy shit I agree with Kypreos about something. What the fuck. *shudders*

Re: Benning calling Tryamkin a freak. Said Benning would have been better off underselling the guy, rather than upping expectations

zroid

Banned
Caps look completely discombobulated since the 3rd Shorks goal

edit: Sharks are finally looking like the team they've been in the past. When they start pressing it's just an onslaught. Making defences look like minor leaguers.

Yawnier

Banned
Jets, Canucks, Buffalo all won and Arizona about to win tonight. Not a bad tank night.

Penguins making me nervous they aren't going to make the playoffs though. God damn flyers.

Jets, Canucks, Buffalo all won and Arizona about to win tonight. Not a bad tank night.

Penguins making me nervous they aren't going to make the playoffs though. God damn flyers.

We comin... :)

we have a tough next few games though coming up so we will see after this week.

zroid

Banned

I might actually root for us to win tomorrow since beating Detroit will help the Pens

side note: Bracco had 4 points tonight :D

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
The Preds were apparently given some additional time away from the ice before the game, and it definitely showed in the 1st. Played better in the 2nd and 3rd, but the damage was already done.

No more point streak talk, though. So it's not all bad.

Yawnier

Banned
We comin... :)

we have a tough next few games though coming up so we will see after this week.

I actually don't mind the flyers, and would love to see you guys upset Detroit from one of the wild card spots

We need the pens to make the playoffs tho, and after that I don't care what happens to them. Though I would bet they end up getting killed in the first round.

I actually don't mind the flyers, and would love to see you guys upset Detroit from one of the wild card spots

We need the pens to make the playoffs tho, and after that I don't care what happens to them. Though I would bet they end up getting killed in the first round.

If we make the playoffs I'm cool with them making it for the Leafs sake since I know they wont do shit in the playoffs but I doubt we will either

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is offline good? I dont think any of the people I play games with has it.
The game is basically a single player game that allows you to matchmake with anyone for more difficult / larger missions. So when you're just soloing and doing your own thing you don't have random idiots running by and screwing things up. I've been doing most of the missions on my own and they're a ton of fun and matchmaking for larger missions is really easy.

Marvie_3

Banned
The game is basically a single player game that allows you to matchmake with anyone for more difficult / larger missions. So when you're just soloing and doing your own thing you don't have random idiots running by and screwing things up. I've been doing most of the missions on my own and they're a ton of fun and matchmaking for larger missions is really easy.
Sweet. Maybe ill pick it up tomorrow then.

Socreges

Banned
I saw a bunch of Chara comparisons when I googled him. Like this Sportsnet video:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-tryamkin-chara-version-2-0/
Sportsnet drumming it up for attention with the CNN strategy. Report on something in a sensationalist way and in the same breath point out how 'people are saying [what was just said]'.

COULD CANUCKS’ TRYAMKIN BE CHARA VERSION 2.0?
1:22 | March 11, 2016
Vancouver Canucks are excited to unleash their new 6’7” 240 pounder Nikita Tryamkin, who’s been called Chara version 2.0, but Henrik Sedin hopes we don’t hype the young d-man up too much.
Been called! By you right above!

I like how Tryamkin skates for a big guy. Hope he does well at this level. But we have zero fucking idea how he's going to compete defensively. Chara is Chara (or was) because he uses his size effectively and it isn't a detriment. With Tryamkin... who knows. I'll set my hopes at 'can play top 4 on a good day' rather than 'Norris candidate'.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

so it's like Destiny only it actually has matchmaking, IT'S A MIRACLE

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
so it's like Destiny only it actually has matchmaking, IT'S A MIRACLE
Destiny is garbage to play alone and an awful grind with terrible repetition in almost all the missions. So far from what I've played, The Division has really enjoyable and in depth singular experiences, and a pretty deep RPG system.

Cake Boss

Banned
Is offline good? I dont think any of the people I play games with has it.

You have to stay always online in order to play solo. And the missions are really great, great atmosphere, great soundtrack and cool levels. Unlike Destiney you can solo the whole game without any other turd interrupting your game, then you can choose to matchmake once your finished or solo them again in harder difficulty.

I have already played 15 hours of it and only level 14, and still haven't stepped into the Dark Zone yet. Ton of content in this game. But its a bit repetitive with the smaller missions.

zroid

Banned
BOSTON PRIDE ISOBEL CUP CHAMPIONS

NWHL CHAMPIONS

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

That team is so stacked :lol

in related news, the CWHL final is today @ 4pm ET

...and in other related news apparently the NWHL is looking to expand into Canada next season. sounds good!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
You have to stay always online in order to play solo. And the missions are really great, great atmosphere, great soundtrack and cool levels. Unlike Destiney you can solo the whole game without any other turd interrupting your game, then you can choose to matchmake once your finished or solo them again in harder difficulty.

I have already played 15 hours of it and only level 14, and still haven't stepped into the Dark Zone yet. Ton of content in this game. But its a bit repetitive with the smaller missions.

The Dark Zone is best played co-op.

After 20 hours (!!!) I hope Ubisoft pushes out more solo missions, areas, and adds missions to the DZ.

imBask

Banned
Dark Zone works solo too, but i've played about half of my 15h in the dark zone and haven't seen a single rogue yet... The beta was full of organized teams playing rogue so I don't know what happened, everyone is just so friendly

Dammit Arizona.

fxidxLt.gif

OsHtqxp.jpg

eNPXUbQ.gif

I predict an Arizona win

Arooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Are you from the future?

Tanguay scored? Tanguay scored. Cosmic where's your boy at? Why does he suck so much ass?

Maybe it's Colorado.

Tanguay Pre-Trade 52 games, 4 goals; Post-Trade 5 games, 3 goals

Small sample size. But I dunno. Internetshrug.jpg

imBask

Banned
Yea I dunno the game was fun for the first few hours but now it's just incredibly repetitive...

I got it for cheap on gaf so i'm happy, I intend to play until i'm tired of it, hopefully before they start pumping out DLCs like crazy

at 20h i'll be happy with my purchase, it's not a bad game

Top Bottom