• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Miller-Brassard-Fast
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Stalberg-E.Staal-Nash
Lindberg-Moore-Hayes

McDonagh-Girardi
Yandle-Klein
M.Staal-Boyle

Lundqvist

Tanner Glass is out with an upper body injury suffered yesterday in Detroit.

zroid

Banned
Sparks had a pretty rough outing last night. Has a lot of work to do if he wants to stick in the NHL. He was kind of all over the place and left a pretty gaping five-hole at times.

Kid has talent but I think he probably tends to get rattled and lose his form in game. Hopefully that can be remedied through coaching and experience.

Merguson

Banned
Sparks had a pretty rough outing last night. Has a lot of work to do if he wants to stick in the NHL. He was kind of all over the place and left a pretty gaping five-hole at times.

Kid has talent but I think he probably tends to get rattled and lose his form in game. Hopefully that can be remedied through coaching and experience.

The Leafs really need to work on their goalie depth because it's just horrid.

Sparks is good in the AHL but we'll need to see whether he can make the jump to the NHL permanently.

Bibeau's AHL stats aren't really great.

That's basically it for goalie depth.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's twice this weekend now that Kreider couldn't convert on a breakaway.

This is almost an exact mirror of yesterday's game so far. Incredibly lopsided first period with the goaltender coming up huge. Watch Pittsburgh escape this with a lead somehow.

zroid

Banned

Sparks is good in the AHL but we'll need to see whether he can make the jump to the AHL permanently.

Yea they're going to draft at least one goalie this year probably.

I also am in favour of re-signing Reimer as long as his demands are reasonable (3 years max). I don't think he's the guy but the Leafs should be looking to compete next season and they're going to need stable goaltending to have any chance of that. Getting buried by bad goaltending night after night is really demoralizing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
KREIDERRRRRRR

ehfGIJm.gif

yyzjohn

Banned

Sparks is good in the AHL but we'll need to see whether he can make the jump to the AHL permanently.

I think Sparks could be fine as a backup. But they need to find a stud #1.

Sounds like you guys need to draft or trade for some prospect goalies

We can give you scribbles again for a pick.

I hope Sparks becomes a legitimate number one for you guys. I like him a lot

yyzjohn

Banned
I can't decide who I dislike more on a broadcast, Craig Button or Mike Milbury. It's like your choice of death, either way it ain't good.

zroid

Banned
I can't decide who I dislike more on a broadcast, Craig Button or Mike Milbury. It's like your choice of death, either way it ain't good.
Button's smugness just pisses me off beyond all reason. There are a lot of dumbasses working on hockey broadcasts but that's the one thing that sets him apart. Healy is kind of similar, although at least he can be self-deprecating at times. Button always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

Yawnier

Banned

Sparks is good in the AHL but we'll need to see whether he can make the jump to the NHL permanently.

They'll draft a goalie somewhere in the top 90 of this years draft. Could see them using one of the 2nds or 3rds to do so

Syrinx

I remember Button had Noah Hanifin ranked 13th or something in his draft ranking last year because he didn't score a whole lot.

Socreges

Banned
Button's smugness just pisses me off beyond all reason. There are a lot of dumbasses working on hockey broadcasts but that's the one thing that sets him apart. Healy is kind of similar, although at least he can be self-deprecating at times. Button always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.
Button just seems socially incompetent. It's a wonder people like him make it on television. Awkward, ugly, not an ex-NHL player. He drafted well for the Stars in the 90s, though, and he's coasting off that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Zucc has been real frustrated with his own game lately, and it shows with two bad retaliation penalties two days in a row.

Cake Boss

Banned
You guys hear about the Leafs young guns, they are young, and that sashnikov, he doesn't know English but knows English sometimes, he's also young and he has a big gun.

Apparently I missed some good salty ball licking by Sportsnet on the last placed team in the league.

You guys hear about the Leafs young guns, they are young, and that sashnikov, he doesn't know English but knows English sometimes, he's also young and he has a big gun.

Apparently I missed some good salty ball licking by Sportsnet on the last placed team in the league.

Expect the Leafs Circlejerk to continue until Stamkos signs with Montreal

Merguson

Banned
Button just seems socially incompetent. It's a wonder people like him make it on television. Awkward, ugly, not an ex-NHL player. He drafted well for the Stars in the 90s, though, and he's coasting off that.

Before making the trade for Andrew Raycroft at the draft, Leafs general manager John Ferguson leaned heavily on pro scout Craig Button and goaltending coach Steve McKichan before making his final decision.

Button told Ferguson that he believed Raycroft could return to the form that earned him rookie-of-the-year honours two years ago and McKichan was confident he could help Raycroft find his game.

http://mirtle.blogspot.ca/2006/07/uncalculated-riskwhy-raycrofts-deal.html

good one craig good one

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If that's a penalty (which seems dubious), how in the world is it not a penalty shot?

Not that I'm complaining. I'd much prefer the power play.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Button also said Fucale was the best goalie he's ever seen at age 16-17.

So basically disregard anything he ever says about any goalie.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Meh. We really ran out of gas as that game went on after coming out flying and not really getting rewarded for it in the first. Shortening the bench probably didn't help that, but that's what happens when you're playing from behind all game.

Might need to put the Staalbergs line back together again. They were too good as a unit. Let Nash try to put it all back together up on the line with Miller and Brassard.

Top Bottom