• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Line_HTX

Damn, I missed some gatekeeping earlier. Fucking Daylight Savings ruined shit.

I wonder if I should watch the Leafs and Wings...

KREIDERRRRRRR

ehfGIJm.gif

Pre-win win.gif posting is a dangerous hobby.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My new workplace has a much bigger budget than my old

I'm in charge if all orders and had the exchange of someone telling me to "just print it" in response to something not commercially available.

Oh... Okay. If something's not purchaseable we just 3d print it? That's how we're rolling? Okay.

TUSR

Banned

I'm in charge if all orders and had the exchange of someone telling me to "just print it" in response to something not commercially available.

Oh... Okay. If something's not purchaseable we just 3d print it? That's how we're rolling? Okay.

how big of an object are you printing?

depending on the resolution of the printers you have available, the capital cost varies and one offs are not overly expensive.

Smiley90

how big of an object are you printing?

depending on the resolution of the printers you have available, the capital cost varies and one offs are not overly expensive.

Not big, some part for a laser - couple hundred dollars. Still funny. Never would've happened at my old workplace since our budget was really tight

Think of all the dildos you can print.

Just troll people with it, like 1 dildo per 100 items printed.

I actually got into my fantasy playoffs because the one guy went full stupid and played Lundy (when he didn't need to) and basically tanked himself. Went from like 4th for most of the season to now 9th, and out of the playoffs. I went from last place last year to being in the playoffs this year :). 18 team keeper league too.

zroid

Banned
Anyone watching the CWHL final? Top seeded Montreal is getting obliterated by Calgary

they only lost 3 of 24 games in the regular season!

TUSR

Banned
Think of all the dildos you can print.

Just troll people with it, like 1 dildo per 100 items printed.
when switching your material around, even in high end printers, you have to run the new filament through it to purge the system.

this is when we make toys, or in your case dildos

Samyy

Serious question: where do you Leafs fans hope to be next season? Not going for another top 3 pick surely? Some sort of progress should be expected right?

Not sure how they'd actually really improve the team tbh, if they get someone like Matthews maybe.

We have no goalie and the D will probably be pretty meh outside of Gardiner and Reilly.

zroid

Banned
Serious question: where do you Leafs fans hope to be next season? Not going for another top 3 pick surely? Some sort of progress should be expected right?

I think it's really hard to predict because the roster will be so young, but ideally yes they should strive to be a playoff bubble team or so. They've already tanked for two years, that's enough tanking.

I mean they probably aren't going to have the worst PDO and worst special teams in the league again... hopefully ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure how they'd actually really improve the team tbh, if they get someone like Matthews maybe.

We have no goalie and the D will probably be pretty meh outside of Gardiner and Reilly.

So another year or two of squander?

What if Stamcock becomes a reality?

I am also not saying next year is playoffs for the Leafs but just not vying for one of the worst teams in the NHL

when switching your material around, even in high end printers, you have to run the new filament through it to purge the system.

I see.

Then smelly can hand them out:

This is a hookah!

This is a transdimentional elephant

This is a Turkish yard gnome

Yawnier

Banned
I'm expecting a bottom 10 finish next year, maybe another bottom 5. It's gonna depend a bit if prospects like Marner or Andreas Johnson can step into the NHL next year or if they get Matthews or Laine in this years draft (which I know won't happen but w/e)

Also our goaltending sucks, and our defense is among the youngest and most inexperienced in the NHL so idk about everybody else but I'm not really expecting much these next two years.

Samyy

So another year or two of squander?

What if Stamcock becomes a reality?

I am also not saying next year is playoffs for the Leafs but just not vying for one of the worst teams in the NHL

Depends on how good the young guys will actually be, there will probably be lots of them
If we get a Matthews or Stamkos that would help

Yawnier

Banned
Lawd Hometown Hockey is so corny and boring. Why sportsnet why.....

Like who gives a fuck about wineries in the okanagan valley.

imBask

Banned
I'm expecting a bottom 10 finish next year, maybe another bottom 5. It's gonna depend a bit if prospects like Marner or Andreas Johnson can step into the NHL next year or if they get Matthews or Laine in this years draft (which I know won't happen but w/e)

Also our goaltending sucks, and our defense is among the youngest and most inexperienced in the NHL so idk about everybody else but I'm not really expecting much these next two years.

even if they step in, your defense is still not very good and putting a scarecrow in net is not a valid strategy

Yawnier

Banned
even if they step in, your defense is still not very good and putting a scarecrow in net is not a valid strategy

Like I said, I'm not really expecting much these next two seasons. After that they should be half decent but who fucking knows.

Our goaltending and goaltending prospect pool sucks and isn't very deep. Bernier is ass and I don't think Sparks or Bibeau are the answer. The defense is super young and makes mistakes and we don't have any true blue chip D prospects.

Socreges

Banned
I think it's really hard to predict because the roster will be so young, but ideally yes they should strive to be a playoff bubble team or so. They've already tanked for two years, that's enough tanking.

I mean they probably aren't going to have the worst PDO and worst special teams in the league again... hopefully ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Has it only been that long? ;)

ctJlqhal.jpg

Virtanen plz
buster-hospital-freak-out-o.gif

imBask

Banned
my gf is done with Friends so i'm introducing her to Arrested Development, she's digging it so far

COO-COO-KA-CHA! COO-COO-KA-CHA!

Smiley90

Do you work in 3d printing? Can I get a discount? Wanna partner up with my workplace? :p

Quick

Banned
Fuck that Bungalow song.

Next season? I hope to see progress. It might not mean a playoff berth or anything meaningful in the standings, but something to show that the team is far away from the 2014-15 team, especially towards the end.

I would hope that the Leafs don't ever become the Oilers of recent years, but at the very least, the Leafs have a "plan" in place, and they seem to have hired the right people so far.

Moving away from the usual praises of Babcock creating a safe environment, management's plans, etc. I really like the fact that the Marlies and Solar Bears seem to be more integral to the system than before.

Top Bottom