• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Curufinwe

And to not come off as a complete Habs homer, I also looked at probably the best player to come out of the 2012 draft.

Filip Forsberg - 169 games played:
- 55 goals (0.33 per game)
- 66 assists (0.39 per game)
- 121 points (0.72 per game)

Gostisbehere is scoring at a higher rate than Forsberg - 51 games played:
-15 goals (0.29 per game)
-23 assists (0.45 per game)
-38 points (0.75 per game)

Canadiens MontréalVerified account
‏@CanadiensMTL
Medical updates: Beaulieu is questionable, while Eller will not dress Tuesday. P.K Subban will miss at least the next 2 games. - Therrien

ZcwhDxS.gif

Solo

again not to shit on Galchenyuk but the 2012 draft was bad.

I don't disagree at all.

Gostisbehere is scoring at a higher rate than Forsberg - 51 games played:
-15 goals (0.29 per game)
-23 assists (0.45 per game)
-38 points (0.75 per game)

That's true but that's probably too small of a sample size - all those games are from this season, right? ie. we haven't seen if he'll have a sophomore slump yet or if he'll keep tearing it up.

Razorskin

----- ------
"i've seen the good words from our fans on the facebook and the twitters, and i'm glad to announce that i've signed myself to a 5 years extension!"
"And I've signed Cameroon to a extension as well!"

"And I've traded Hoffman for a 2nd round pick"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Read some prospect reports on Hfboards and saw that people are now calling Bergevin, BargainBin which made me laugh

And to not come off as a complete Habs homer, I also looked at probably the best player to come out of the 2012 draft.

Filip Forsberg - 169 games played:
- 55 goals (0.33 per game)
- 66 assists (0.39 per game)
- 121 points (0.72 per game)

5v5 points/60: Forsberg 1.43, Galchenyuk 1.70. Forsberg has 20% more icetime so 20% more points.
It's still a discussion, time will tell. Galchenyuk has always excelled at 5v5 point production, the issue was hockey savant only playing him 13 minutes a night for his entire career thus far.

I'm sitting here watching a great 30 for 30 on the 85 Chicago Bears and it's very well done. Makes me want to watch some good hockey docs.

What are the best ones?

ShaneB

I'm sitting here watching a great 30 for 30 on the 85 Chicago Bears and it's very well done. Makes me want to watch some good hockey docs.

What are the best ones?

85 Bears is indeed a good one.

On the topic of 30 for 30's, you certainly should watch the hockey ones...

King's Ransom as mentioned
Big Shot
Of Miracles and Men

edit: and the following are not 30 for 30s

Red Army (covers the same topic as Of Miracles and Men, but I think I enjoyed Red Army more, both are great)
CBC's 'Hockey - A People's History' if you're in for the long haul, albeit this one is obviously heavily Canadian focused.

I'm reminded that there are so few hockey docs.

Marvie_3

Banned

On the topic of 30 for 30's, you certainly should the other hockey ones...

Big Shot
Of Miracles and Men
Red Army (covers the same topic as Of Miracles and Men, but I think I enjoyed Red Army more, both are great)
CBC's 'Hockey - A People's History' if you're in for the long haul.

Big Shot is a good one.

Quick

Banned

On the topic of 30 for 30's, you certainly should the other hockey ones...

Big Shot
Of Miracles and Men
CBC's 'Hockey - A People's History' if you're in for the long haul, albeit this one is obviously heavily Canadian focused.

I've seen King's Ransom and Big Shot. Both are good, as expected from a 30 for 30 production.

I do need to watch Hockey: A People's History though. 10 hours though - god damn.

Marvie_3

Banned
I've seen King's Ransom and Big Shot. Both are good, as expected from a 30 for 30 production.

I do need to watch Hockey: A People's History though. 10 hours though - god damn.

You can do it. I watched all 11 hours of Ken Burns Civil War documentary in one day. 10 hours of hockey is nothing.

On the topic of 30 for 30's, you certainly should watch the hockey ones...

Big Shot
Of Miracles and Men

edit: and the following are not 30 for 30s

I just saw of miracles and men and I must say that it is probably the most interesting of the CCCP docs I have seen. A must see!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
lol that cliff right after Vancouver is nice

... nice. We lead to show we can then lose for the tank? sure. That's the explanation. Nothing to see there.

Top Bottom