• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Quick

Banned
Hiding in the shadows.

Watch yourself Jhonny

IXuF00m.gif

Well Calgary is winning their game and Edmonton is keeping it close. Sadly, we're winning as well. Vancouver, kindly get your crap together.

Line_HTX

Yeah, that was not the start they wanted as the best team in the league.

I was hoping it'd be closer to be honest.

One of those off nights, I guess.

Whoohoo, most AMERICAN goalie shutouts of all time!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Calgary winning
Winnipeg beating Canucks

now if only Edmonton could win (ha....) it'd be a perfect night for the tank

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There's more cheering going on in here for tanking teams than there is for playoff teams

calder

There's more cheering going on in here for tanking teams than there is for playoff teams
This season has just wrecked me. It IS kinda fun cheering for basically every other game to go to OT though, much less irritating than being in a playoff race and being mad every time a game between other divisional teams is tied late.

And cheering for losing is relaxing in a way, it's so effortless. If you need wins and the team loses it just sucks, but if you're tanking and your team is winning at least it's still nice to see your guys doing well and happy.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
please no OT please no OT please no OT please no OT please no OT please no OT please no OT please no OT please no OT please no OT please no OTplease no OT please no OT

Socreges

Banned
Cheering for the tank isn't a sincere joy - it's very self-conscious and mostly for the amusement of others. I'll admit that when I have the game on I mostly feel happy when the Canucks score (followed by immediate regret and malaise) and feel short bursts of pain when they're scored against (followed by immediate rationalization and an uncomfortable excitement). One can't shake the tribal instinct. Always at odds with coping mechanisms and the thirst for Matthews.

Top Bottom