• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

What is post-rock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYa4gZ59-1c

Post-rock is a subgenre of rock music characterized by the influence and use of instruments commonly associated with rock, but using rhythms and "guitars as facilitators of timbre and textures" not traditionally found in rock. Post-rock bands are often instrumental.

There is a lot of buildup as well in the songs and known for instrumental swells, and for long track times. Really awesome genre and super atmospheric.

Good guy Perry!

If you're looking at Post Rock stuff, check out Explosions in the Sky, And So I Watch You From Afar, Maybeshewill, Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Yikes, the Canucks are getting blown out. And to think at one point, they were in the playoff chase in the pacific.

On the bright side, Vancouver's play forced sirbaT into exile

Good guy Perry!

If you're looking at Post Rock stuff, check out Explosions in the Sky, And So I Watch You From Afar, Maybeshewill, Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Maybeshewill is currently on their farewell tour :(

EITS is releasing a new album April 1 though.

But people need to listen to We Lost the Sea- Departure Songs. The best post-rock album I have heard in a very long time, taking away Sigur Ros albums due to my crazy bias towards them lol

Ritchie Rich with his first goal!

Edit: OOOOOH AAAAAAHHHH.

Get in here CB! Silfverberg with the hatty
Maybeshewill is currently on their farewell tour :(

EITS is releasing a new album April 1 though.

But people need to listen to We Lost the Sea- Departure Songs. The best post-rock album I have heard in a very long time, taking away Sigur Ros albums due to my crazy bias towards them lol

Will do!

And yeah, Maybeshewill came to America for the first and last time in NYC. :-( heard their music when someone used it for a Ducks video. Pretty good.

I knew NHL-GAF had the best taste

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey let me go ahead and check in on the Ducks game...

cJncIRd_zpszlibp3oa.gif

Will do!

And yeah, Maybeshewill came to America for the first and last time in NYC. :-( heard their music when someone used it for a Ducks video. Pretty good.

I knew NHL-GAF had the best taste

Let me know ahead of time since each song has a story to go along with it and the whole album does too so I can either tell you about each song or you could look it up but make sure you listen to it with context, makes it so much better. it is a pretty sad yet beautiful album.

So Edmonton could be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs tomorrow. The Oilers could be a day away from making NHL history as the first team to miss the playoffs for a decade straight.

Let me know ahead of time since each song has a story to go along with it and the whole album does too so I can either tell you about each song or you could look it up but make sure you listen to it with context, makes it so much better. it is a pretty sad yet beautiful album.

Read into what each song is about, kind of had an idea with the album title. Wow, they thought this out. Sad and beautiful.

http://youtu.be/ClSWxwwUYkw

On the third track now about the diver.

yyzjohn

Banned
Oilers have 10 games remaining, looking at the schedule I give them a chance of winning maybe 2 of those 10. So 65 points for the Leafs to shoot for. It'll be tough.

imBask

Banned
I invited my fellow habs fan to watch a couple of Impact games, best team in Montreal right now. No Therrien, no problem

Solo

TVA is saying Therrien will be back next year.

I don't want to watch hockey anymore....

I almost hope Price has an awful season next year just so they can't possibly justify keeping MT around with another "bu bu bu Carey Price was out all year, no coach in history could have salvaged the season!" narrative. Crazy that they're going to spin injuries to save the job of a guy who's been saved by Carey Price for 4 years.

yyzjohn

Banned
I invited my fellow habs fan to watch a couple of Impact games, best team in Montreal right now. No Therrien, no problem

I'm coming around on the conspiracy theory that the NHL won't allow Edmonton to win. I'm not saying they'll decide who gets Matthews, just that they'll make sure Edmonton doesn't.

Read into what each song is about, kind of had an idea with the album title. Wow, they thought this out. Sad and beautiful.

http://youtu.be/ClSWxwwUYkw

On the third track now about the diver.

Yep good shit. My favorite tracks are the Challenger ones though. Incredible. Also what makes the album even more contextual is that they used to have a vocalist for their first two albums but he died so they decided to carry on as an instrumental post-rock band

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
TVA is saying Therrien will be back next year.

I don't want to watch hockey anymore....
They said no one is expecting a change, could still happen. If Therrien is still coaching come September I'll be abandoning the Bergevin bandwagon. I have faith he's not that stupid and will adjust over the summer.

yyzjohn

Banned
They said no one is expecting a change, could still happen. If Therrien is still coaching come September I'll be abandoning the Bergevin bandwagon. I have faith he's not that stupid and will adjust over the summer.

Clearly you've never been in a foxhole with Bergevin and Therrien.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing in an over 35 hockey tournament and Rob Vollman of hockey abstract is on my team, lol.

edit: I should ask him if he is familiar with DopeyStats

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
isn't it bad to develop your rookie in a losing environment though?

Well after leafs season they all go to the marlies

Next year we're gonna have even double the rookies with kapanen (if he's available, not sure how long his military obligation is), brown, marner (maybe) and potentially our 1st this year... and zaitsev if he signs

Rookies everywhere

Does anyone listen to pdocast? Has Dimitri kicked Travis out? :(

Travis was never the best but their conversations seems more natural and to the point compared to when he has guests on.

Top Bottom