• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

imBask

Banned
Polak suspension is kinda dumb but whatevs

I'll take an improvement any time I can

did you even watch the video? the ruling is pretty clear from the explanation

the only thing that's dumb is that this is worth the same amount of games as the vicious elbow from Tkatchuk

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Polak suspension is kinda dumb but whatevs

I'll take an improvement any time I can

We await your professional analysis

b0eXj.gif

Chris R

I wouldn't be for a "top 16" playoffs with the current scheduling.

If you were in a division with a HISTORICALLY crap team one year you could potentially give one team 12 points, while the most you could give the other conference would be 4 (see the Avs vs Nashville this year and a few East teams).

When the 2nd western expansion team comes along in 2020 or whatever scrap the entire system and start from the ground up and a "top 16" system might work.

yyzjohn

Banned
Why is NJ playing their backup tonight? Schneider stopped 38 of 40 in beating the Rangers on Tuesday, Jersey has nothing to play for either. Why are they resting Schneider?

calder

My favourite hockey news story is "coach of elite player thinks player should get major award consideration" one you get from random game day media scrums late in the year.

I always nod thoughtfully. Sometimes I stroke my chin and say "Dubnyk for the Vezina? Wow, you've given me a lot to think about coach Boudreau!"

Socreges

Banned
My favourite hockey news story is "coach of elite player thinks player should get major award consideration" one you get from random game day media scrums late in the year.

I always nod thoughtfully. Sometimes I stroke my chin and say "Dubnyk for the Vezina? Wow, you've given me a lot to think about coach Boudreau!"
I like how the article opens

Guy Boucher might be biased
Thereby granting permission to pursue the meaningless article.

It's ridiculous how "underrated" Karlsson is.

Dude is legit as fuck but people always trying to find any reason to bring him down. Shame he's on Ottawa and will never win a Cup tho.

COME AT ME CAKE!!!

He's won 2 Norris' but it's still crazy the lack of attention he gets relative to others. He's honestly top 3-5 player in the league.

True it's coming from his own coach, but he's not wrong. Karlsson is simply dominant.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's won 2 Norris' but it's still crazy the lack of attention he gets relative to others. He's honestly top 3-5 player in the league.
Karlsson gets a lot of attention from what I see online anyways, not really sure how anyone can call him underrated.

Mass Effect is definitely not as bad as GAF claims it is. I havent had any facial animations issue and it doesnt look as weird as I thought it was going to be. It's a beautiful game, there's a TON of writing/voice acting/dialogue to explore and the gameplay is fun. It's not going to be GOTY but it's defininitely not a bad game.

The main story/writing is a bit too cliche/original trilogy-like (only worse than that) so that's a bit of a letdown so far, but it's definitely a Mass Effect game. I played a solid 12h over the last two days...
I like it well enough. Planet exploration and combat are fun. I cannot believe people are calling this the worst Bioware game. It's like they never played Dragon Age II.

Karlsson gets a lot of attention from what I see online anyways, not really sure how anyone can call him underrated.

Yeah I agree, it's not like when people talk about the top defensemen in the league they don't include Karlsson. He's always in the conversation as he should be.

Socreges

Banned
Yup. He gets more love than any other defenseman.

Truly it's Burns that doesn't get enough love and that's largely because he's in a quiet market out west. Whereas Karlsson occasionally gets criticized because he's sandwiched between the Habs and Leafs in Ottawa, but also gets plenty of praise and reverence.

Top Bottom