• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

yyzjohn

Banned
heh we'll see in the long run

you guys are still lacking defense, and let's be real you're in front of the Bruins despite having 4 less wins which is real stupid regardless of the team. Those Leafs points are fucking dumb

imBask said:
no, getting 7.5 wins for losing games is far from being deserving of anything. 9% of the games won by losing is stupid

Why are the Leafs points dumb? You get a point for being tied after 60 minutes not for losing the game. The fact the Leafs have been tied in 15 games shows that they're in alot of hockey games during the season. Back in the old NHL there used to be tie games and both teams got a point, how is this different?

imBask

Banned
Why are the Leafs points dumb? You get a point for being tied after 60 minutes not for losing the game. The fact the Leafs have been tied in 15 games shows that they're in alot of hockey games during the season. Back in the old NHL there used to be tie games and both teams got a point, how is this different?

because the point of the OT is to get a clear winner, if you have a winner, you shouldn't have half a loser

You win or lose the game. That point just promotes bad, boring hockey and rewards bad teams with a good system

it's not just about the Leafs btw, Habs are also a bad team with a good system and we shouldn't be rewarded for it

no, getting 7.5 wins for losing games is far from being deserving of anything. 9% of the games won by losing is stupid

If they get in and have significantly less wins than the team below them that's gonna suck. As it is now if you sort just by wins it'd be Boston and Tampa in with Toronto and NY one win behind Tampa, so it'd still be close. I think of the teams in the race whoever gets in will end up with the most wins anyway so it won't be a big deal.

Solo

Habs GAF, when can we start talking about the putrid production of Patches, Radulov and Danualt, our "top line", over the past 6 weeks? AGally had 2 bad games before he got shamed and demoted. Yet he outproduced all 3 of those guys even during his bad games, and continues to do so now on the third line lol. But he's the post-Subban scapegoat now, so his leash is so short that a bad 2 game stint drops him 2 lines, a position, and 5 minutes of icetime per game. Montreal is a fucking ridiculous market.

Since CJ took over:

- Patches: 11pts/17gp (0.65ppg); points in 8 of 17 games
- Radulov: 6pts/14gp (0.43ppg); points in 3 of 14 games
- Danault: 5pts/17gp (0.29ppg); points in 4 of 17 games
- Galchenyuk: 13pts/17gp (0.76ppg); points in 11 of 17 games

It's time to split Radulov and Patches (hell, it was time 2 weeks ago). Whatever magic they had is long gone.

imBask

Banned
Radulov is out of juice he needs a little break

Pacioretty is just Pacioretty and I don't want to shit on him now, the way he played before that slump was ridiculous. I'm thinking it'll pick back up soon, maybe

Danault is trying hard but he's in the wrong seat

Galchenyuk is ok, just confused

Solo

Radulov is out of juice he needs a little break

Pacioretty is just Pacioretty and I don't want to shit on him now, the way he played before that slump was ridiculous. I'm thinking it'll pick back up soon, maybe

Danault is trying hard but he's in the wrong seat

Galchenyuk is ok, just confused

See that's the problem though, and why our playoff run is doomed this year. First line RW? Out of gas. He isn't going to get his legs under him again until October. First line LW? He's as enigmatic as ever, and after beasting for 35 games, he's once again invisible with autopilot on. First line C? He actually belongs on the third line. Third line LW? He actually belongs on the first line, but he's not consistent enough and defensively shakey.

We are so dead against the Rangers.

imBask

Banned
See that's the problem though, and why our playoff run is doomed this year. First line RW? Out of gas. He isn't going to get his legs under him again until October. First line LW? He's as enigmatic as ever, and after beasting for 35 games, he's once again invisible with autopilot on. First line C? He actually belongs on the third line. Third line LW? He actually belongs on the first line, but he's not consistent enough and defensively shakey.

But we have Carey Price and Shea Weber, and Rags aren't perfect

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Glachenyuk talks too much, and posts pictures of himself on instagram, so naturally hockey culture rejects him.

Danault just works real hard, and is a real good pro, so even when he sucks for 20 games coaches don't give a fuck.

I'm just amazed Radulov has been given the benefit of the doubt, so I don't want to rock the boat too much on his struggles, lest he be driven out of town.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

You guys are beating us in 5 if we don't get our shit together quickly here in these last 2 weeks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
TIL This guy I went to high school with is apparently now the highest ranked Swiss golf pro, ahead of Tiger Woods

Also TIL Tiger woods dropped to 750th worldwide?! Jesus what happened there

Socreges

Banned
TIL This guy I went to high school with is apparently now the highest ranked Swiss golf pro, ahead of Tiger Woods

Also TIL Tiger woods dropped to 750th worldwide?! Jesus what happened there
18nb9rrvxipnpjpg.jpg

PillarEN

I'm glad I waited for it to show up on PS+ tho... fuck dropping $20 for something shorter than a movie.

Worth playing multiple times. Solo, online, looking for all the secrets. Thatgamecompany should be coming out with their new game this year.

EDIT: I don't think the game is shorter than a movie. Maybe shorter than Lord of the Rings Bloated Edition though.

Marvie_3

Banned
because the point of the OT is to get a clear winner, if you have a winner, you shouldn't have half a loser

You win or lose the game. That point just promotes bad, boring hockey and rewards bad teams with a good system

it's not just about the Leafs btw, Habs are also a bad team with a good system and we shouldn't be rewarded for it
Thats why they need to change it to 3 points for a regulation/OT win, 2 for a SO win. Make the loser point worth less.

Who's this guy?

Has Heretic approved him yet?
I dunno. Smell hrtc's breath.

Chris R

Worth playing multiple times. Solo, online, looking for all the secrets. Thatgamecompany should be coming out with their new game this year.

EDIT: I don't think the game is shorter than a movie. Maybe shorter than Lord of the Rings Bloated Edition though.

My run time clocked in at ~80 minutes, I was good with playing it just the once.

Socreges

Banned
Divorce, womanizing reputation, father's death, injuries, rest of the field catching up, etc. It's been a slow but steady decline for him. Tiger could've been the GOAT.
That crash was a massive turning point, though. I read a great article that broke it all down pretty succinctly, including how he began to focus on military training obsessively.

Divorce, womanizing reputation, father's death, injuries, rest of the field catching up, etc. It's been a slow but steady decline for him. Tiger could've been the GOAT.

My recovering Tiger Fan buddy believes with all his heart that it was the Navy Seal training thing he got into. Pushed his body past its breaking point.

edit: Uh, yea. Like Socreges said.

calder

I don't follow golf because it's a boring, dying sport but... isn't he the GOAT? I thought he was the logical choice before his decline

ShaneB

I don't follow golf because it's a boring, dying sport but... isn't he the GOAT? I thought he was the logical choice before his decline

Most will see Jack's 18 major wins and call him the GOAT.

I generally don't care about any GOAT discussions for any sport.

Top Bottom