• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Foggy

im ready to cheer for the Leafs in the playoffs

Uh80P4x.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was a bit too buried in Persona 5 dungeons last night to pay attention to the ol' ice hockey, but after last night's results, the Rangers are just about as close to clinching as you can possibly be without having actually clinched. Rather than go into what they need to do in order to make the playoffs, it would be more fun to go into how they still could NOT make the playoffs.

There is currently one, and only one, scenario remaining in which the Rangers would miss the playoffs. The following would need to happen between now and the end of the season:

The Rangers go 0-6-0
The Lightning go 7-0-0
The Bruins go 6-0-1 with the 1 OT loss coming against the Lightning

Any deviation of any kind from this set of circumstances results in the Rangers making the playoffs.

A win of any kind tonight against the Sharks, therefore, not only clinches a playoff berth but also clinches at least the first wild card spot.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I was a bit too buried in Persona 5 dungeons last night to pay attention to the ol' ice hockey, but after last night's results, the Rangers are just about as close to clinching as you can possibly be without having actually clinched. Rather than go into what they need to do in order to make the playoffs, it would be more fun to go into how they still could NOT make the playoffs.

There is currently one, and only one, scenario remaining in which the Rangers would miss the playoffs. The following would need to happen between now and the end of the season:

The Rangers go 0-6-0
The Lightning go 7-0-0
The Bruins go 6-0-1 with the 1 OT loss coming against the Lightning

Any deviation of any kind from this set of circumstances results in the Rangers making the playoffs.

A win of any kind tonight against the Sharks, therefore, not only clinches a playoff berth but also clinches at least the first wild card spot.

How are you playing Persona 5 already oO

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
yeah I liked the Meta-stats but this is the real important point here

I live in NYC, we have ways here. It's been available in the city since last week if you know where to look. I've had it since Friday. About 3 weeks into the story now. It's goooood shit.

Meanwhile, AV is actually learning! He has Brady Skjei FINALLY skating on the second pairing in morning skate today, and Girardi and Klein look like they're going to be rotating in and out of the lineup. It's a goddamn Christmas miracle. In March.

Looks like Puempel is rotating back into the lineup tonight, too.

Smiley90

I live in NYC, we have ways here. It's been available in the city since last week if you know where to look. I've had it since Friday. About 3 weeks into the story now. It's goooood shit.

Meanwhile, AV is actually learning! He has Brady Skjei FINALLY skating on the second pairing in morning skate today, and Girardi and Klein look like they're going to be rotating in and out of the lineup. It's a goddamn Christmas miracle. In March.

Wtf? Jealous. I cant wait.

vgny?
That's the only place I can think of from the last time I went lol

I wish reimer could be nice and give us a couple freebies tonight. How can you be so cold to crush kids dreams :'(

Reckheim

Looks like Puempel is rotating back into the lineup tonight, too.

DAAAMNN. DAT HYPE!

Yawnier

Banned
I need to beat Persona 3 and 4 one of these days, they've been in my backlog for a several years

I liked what I played of P3 in terms of the characters and the setting but the dungeon crawling was starting to get repetitive for me like 15 hours in.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
vgny?
That's the only place I can think of from the last time I went lol

I wish reimer could be nice and give us a couple freebies tonight. How can you be so cold to crush kids dreams :'(

It wasn't
VGNY
, actually, though it does look like they had it on Saturday.

Smiley90

Lack diagnosed with neck strain, scans negative

thank god. that's about the best-case scenario out of that

Top Bottom