• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Montresor

Here's the thing I feel like OTT/TOR would build some great salt but in the end when the series is over we can walk away with no hard feelings.

MON/TOR nothing will be the same. I feel as if Creeper and Montresor won't be able to survive that series.

Heh this gave me a chuckle. I think you're right Kave.

Exhibit-A-Nylander-e1451028357351.jpg

WHO thinks this is a normal shaped head?

in comparison here is mine, a standard Finnish head:

HXjczG2.jpg

i think we can all agree it's clear who's the mutant.

iLLmAtlc

Maurice might just be doing the classic diversion to stop the media from ripping his team and get talkin about something else.

Also it seems pretty quiet here today. Everybody is playing Zelda I assume? Yall might as well post some impressions.

Pikma

Banned
Maurice might just be doing the classic diversion to stop the media from ripping his team and get talkin about something else.

Also it seems pretty quiet here today. Everybody is playing Zelda I assume? Yall might as well post some impressions.
I'm still waiting for fucking Amazon to ship my Switch 😔

But yeah, it's been super quiet all day

Played it on Wii U for 2ish hours today. The first time the frame rate took a shit I noticed it, but after that I kinda just got used to it. It's solid for the most part and when it does slow down it doesn't bother me really. But that's just me, I could see some people having a bigger problem with it. I'm actually amazed it runs as well on the hardware as it does because the game is beeeeaaauutiful. It's the most fun I've had in an open world game just walking around and all the systems seem really well thought out and polished so far.

I've only played for such a short time but I can tell just from that, it might be one of the most unanimous GOTYs the industry has seen in a long time.

Quick

Banned

TSN is fake news.

I took the day off work to play (Wii U version). Probably played something like 6 hours today and I feel I've only just scratched the surface, not getting all that much farther than the initial area. Overall, I'm loving it - it's pretty much what I've always dreamed of Zelda being. The game seems WAY harder than any previous Zelda game - I've died a bunch already, I'm actually wary about approaching various enemies and I try to formulate plans of attacks when going after camps of them. I love all of the little surprises and details I've seen so far, it really does feel like a lot of love was put into this game.

Technically speaking, I was prepared for some performance issues and they are there, but they don't distract from the game, particularly once you really get into it. Frame rate drops are immediately noticeable, particularly in the initial area and in the first place with multiple people (which is where I left off gaming for today after acquiring something that will help speed things up a lot,
a horse
), but it's not a deal breaker. Lower resolution is obvious as well, with jaggies clearly visible if you look for them. I'm playing it on a 65" TV visiting my family, and my dad, who doesn't ever game at all, mentioned he thought it seemed low res, though he was still impressed, as parents who last gamed decades ago are wont to be with modern games. To be fair though, I don't have any issues with playing really old games - I still play N64 games from time to time with no complaints.

Despite the issues though, the game looks gorgeous IMO. Whenever I'm in a forest or area with lots of grass, it feels like an animation in game format - the artstyle really works well.

[Edit] Worth noting I haven't been to an actual village yet - I've heard the FPS drops dramatically there.

calder

Why is Paul Maurice being salty towards Babcock and the Leafs? What did we ever do to them?

He's not really, he's being salty about the media and saying he should have played up the rebuilding angle all year so ppl wouldn't judge him on wins and losses.

He's full of shit on a few levels, but it's no surprise he'd see the reaction to other teams compared to his and be frustrated - he knows he's on the proverbial hot seat. Even in a market where basically all the media are committed to telling us he's dong a great job and should get a new contract this summer he hears enough dissatisfaction with the team to know he's getting some of the blame.

calder

What a sloppy third period by both teams here. An impartial viewer might think the Jets and Blues were varying degrees of mediocre this year or something.

calder

Good win, even if this playoff race bullshit is driving me nuts.

Very nice to see Helle with a shutout, we need him to get his shit together long term or else start looking for a veteran goalie to overpay this offseason.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I think I've said it before, but it's nice to watch two teams that know how to play 3-on-3 OT; generally don't get that as a Preds fan.

Top Bottom