• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the playoffs started right now:

Islanders @ Capitals
Penguins @ Blue Jackets
Rangers @ Canadiens
Bruins @ Senators

Kings @ Wild
Predators @ Blackhawks
Flames @ Sharks
Ducks @ Oilers

hahaa Quick was amazing stopping Weird Head Nylander, Little Boy Marner and Never Smile Matthews. nice job. very poor low energy uncharismatic attempts by all three.

but hey, to more important matters, what is this i hear of a Swede scoring back-to-back hat tricks..? Fors.. something? who exactly does he think he is?

I thought this season I was going to be content with the Leafs losing a lot of games and just watching the rookies. But it's how they lose, time after time, giving up a third period lead losing in the OT/shootout, it's infuriating to watch.

Like is it better to grow up with no Dad, or one that promises you he's going to be around all the time and take you to the batting cages, but always gets too drunk and ends up now showing up.

Papi?

So Dater invaded BSN Denver (the only actually decent Avs media outlet) and appeared on the podcast and in that first podcast he started talking about going to a bar after the recording was over for the night. Dude got fucking canned from the Denver Post because he made some really stupid decisions due to his drinking problem, made a huge public show of getting sober for many months now and is right back to it.

He ruins everything he touches.

PillarEN

Good news. I got my copy of Zelda. Not so great news, I have to go visit my grandma and won't be able to play till Saturday or Sunday

Quick

Banned
I thought this season I was going to be content with the Leafs losing a lot of games and just watching the rookies. But it's how they lose, time after time, giving up a third period lead losing in the OT/shootout, it's infuriating to watch.

Like is it better to grow up with no Dad, or one that promises you he's going to be around all the time and take you to the batting cages, but always gets too drunk and ends up now showing up.

Papi?

yaqg2G0.gif

Islanders @ Capitals
Penguins @ Blue Jackets
Rangers @ Canadiens
Bruins @ Senators

Kings @ Wild
Predators @ Blackhawks
Flames @ Sharks
Ducks @ Oilers

Kings and Wild would be fun. I think Penguins vs Blue Jackets has the potential to be the best first round due to the rivalry(kinda?) with Pittsburgh and Columbus.

imBask

Banned
As much as I love Weber, and believed the move was okay considering it was an "all in", hearing Bergevin say he doesn't believe in a cup window and seeing Subban cry, while one of the 2 guys who ran him out of town is out of a job, shows how truly disgusting that trade was

Solo

It's time to make a small tweak to the first 2 lines. Radulov needs to play with someone who can finish. Danault whiffing on an empty net last night just killed me.

Patches-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-AGally-Rads

Foggy

Kings and Wild would be fun. I think Penguins vs Blue Jackets has the potential to be the best first round due to the rivalry(kinda?) with Pittsburgh and Columbus.

Pens fans like to lord over Columbus that it's not a rivalry, but all it needs is another good series. The rivalry will be as real as any other for as long as Dubinsky is on the team.

Solo

Islanders @ Capitals
Penguins @ Blue Jackets
Rangers @ Canadiens
Bruins @ Senators

All 4 of these would be awesome series'.

EDIT: wait, 3 of the Habs' final 12 games are against Ottawa? Well, that'll determine the division winner.

yyzjohn

Banned
Anyone know a good flight booking website that finds cheap deals out of Canada? Xpedia keeps changing the final price on me after I select the lowest fair. Trying to book for 5 people.

Frustrating because they make you forget how much more the roster needs to be improved. The defence feels like its regressed significantly since the bye week.

That said, they came super close to winning last night, but for Bozak missing an open net and Doughty and Quick both making game-saving stops.

Baboriello don't want the team to make the playoffs, because they know ownership will go crazy and demand they sign the 2017 equivalent of David Clarkson. Hence the blown leads and OT/SOLs.

I'm actually hoping the Leafs can make the playoffs, if only because that way we'd get a Battle of Ontario series or even a Habs-Leafs playoff series. The latter would generate a lot of buzz and salt.

Cactus

Banned
Frustrating because they make you forget how much more the roster needs to be improved. The defence feels like its regressed significantly since the bye week.

That said, they came super close to winning last night, but for Bozak missing an open net and Doughty and Quick both making game-saving stops.

Rielly specifically has been terrible since his injury, I'm hoping Babcock plays Marchenko over Polak when Carrick comes back.

Also, I see that Leivo was scratched? Any reason for that besides Babcock hating him?

I'm actually hoping the Leafs can make the playoffs, if only because that way we'd get a Battle of Ontario series or even a Habs-Leafs playoff series. The latter would generate a lot of buzz and salt.

I don't think OTT/TOR would generate a lot of salt here...I think Leafs-gaf and Sens-gaf secretly don't hate each other.

OTT/MTL or TOR/MTL would be epic.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Here's the thing I feel like OTT/TOR would build some great salt but in the end when the series is over we can walk away with no hard feelings.

MON/TOR nothing will be the same. I feel as if Creeper and Montresor won't be able to survive that series.

Top Bottom