• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Quick

Banned
And? Recommend?

Recommend. It's a great send-off for Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart.

It's almost a shame that Jackman's other solo Wolverine movies weren't made in the same quality as this. Though I did like The Wolverine (same director as Logan too).

Leafs are going to finish behind the Jets in the overall standings, and I think we can all agree - regardless of which team we support - that's absolutely awful.

Pikma

Banned
Leafs are going to finish behind the Jets in the overall standings, and I think we can all agree - regardless of which team we support - that's absolutely awful.
It's the best case scenario, not good enough to make it to the playoffs and not bad enough to get a decent 1st round pick

Socreges

Banned
I took the day off work to play (Wii U version). Probably played something like 6 hours today and I feel I've only just scratched the surface, not getting all that much farther than the initial area. Overall, I'm loving it - it's pretty much what I've always dreamed of Zelda being. The game seems WAY harder than any previous Zelda game - I've died a bunch already, I'm actually wary about approaching various enemies and I try to formulate plans of attacks when going after camps of them. I love all of the little surprises and details I've seen so far, it really does feel like a lot of love was put into this game.

Technically speaking, I was prepared for some performance issues and they are there, but they don't distract from the game, particularly once you really get into it. Frame rate drops are immediately noticeable, particularly in the initial area and in the first place with multiple people (which is where I left off gaming for today after acquiring something that will help speed things up a lot,
a horse
), but it's not a deal breaker. Lower resolution is obvious as well, with jaggies clearly visible if you look for them. I'm playing it on a 65" TV visiting my family, and my dad, who doesn't ever game at all, mentioned he thought it seemed low res, though he was still impressed, as parents who last gamed decades ago are wont to be with modern games. To be fair though, I don't have any issues with playing really old games - I still play N64 games from time to time with no complaints.

Despite the issues though, the game looks gorgeous IMO. Whenever I'm in a forest or area with lots of grass, it feels like an animation in game format - the artstyle really works well.

[Edit] Worth noting I haven't been to an actual village yet - I've heard the FPS drops dramatically there.
Yep. It's a bit stunning honestly. I died really early on and was almost confused....thinking: that isn't supposed to happen. I ran into a crew of goblins and one knocked me into a lake below. My stamina already near depleted, I tried to swim to shore but drowned. I just sat there dumbfounded for a bit. Is the game that cruel or was that a fluke? I started again, at a reasonable save point, and not long after ran into an even tougher crowd and one had clearly been working out. He fucked me up. I died again. From that point on I began to be much more cautious, realizing this was a very different Zelda. I've died about four times in total and each time it just makes me that much more cautious, but that much more rewarded when I make it through an area.

The Dream wants his 30 goals
He'll get them. But I've got a bet that he won't make it to 35. Let's hope for the best.

Zelda. So good.
Yes. It is. So good.

Pikma

Banned
I'm having a nightmare right now dealing with both my bank CS and Amazon CS, apparently I got charged three times (!) for goddamn Zelda and nobody wants to take responsibility for it

Amazon swears they were only authorization charges and that they don't have my money and my bank says Amazon has my money...

Marvie_3

Banned
Yep. It's a bit stunning honestly. I died really early on and was almost confused....thinking: that isn't supposed to happen. I ran into a crew of goblins and one knocked me into a lake below. My stamina already near depleted, I tried to swim to shore but drowned. I just sat there dumbfounded for a bit. Is the game that cruel or was that a fluke? I started again, at a reasonable save point, and not long after ran into an even tougher crowd and one had clearly been working out. He fucked me up. I died again. From that point on I began to be much more cautious, realizing this was a very different Zelda. I've died about four times in total and each time it just makes me that much more cautious, but that much more rewarded when I make it through an area.

He'll get them. But I've got a bet that he won't make it to 35. Let's hope for the best.

Yes. It is. So good.
Blue moblin guy? Blue moblin guy. Dude fucking crushed me the first time I ran into one of them. :lol

BOTW is definitely more difficult than previous Zeldas. The enemies hand out a lot more damage and the weapon durability early on leaves you scrambling at times. I'm guessing this will change later into the game but I'm loving it right now. It feels so fresh for a Zelda game.

Also, the map size is fuckin huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. Love it.

I'm having a nightmare right now dealing with both my bank CS and Amazon CS, apparently I got charged three times (!) for goddamn Zelda and nobody wants to take responsibility for it

Amazon swears they were only authorization charges and that they don't have my money and my bank says Amazon has my money...
Want me to punch your bank for you? Cuz I will.

Posting my Switch FC since nobody has the NHL-GAF gamertag list thingy:
7074-9589-1987

Reckheim

God, I missed hockey but looks like I saved my self some gray hairs missing the Toronto road trip.

Every time I go on one of these all inclusive 'tropical' trips its the most boringest shit ever.

Foggy

Aaron Portzline‏ @Aportzline
#CBJ will play final 20 games in a span of 37 days beginning Sat vs. #Sens. But only 6 of final 20 opponents are currently playoff clubs.

Oh boyyyyyy

Jeffler is such an idiot. His whole argument seems to be "the Leafs are actually good because it's the vets that are holding back the young players". The second part of that is probably true but the vets are still on the team so you can't just not count them and say the team is good. The team is the players regardless of their age.

Jeffler is such an idiot. His whole argument seems to be "the Leafs are actually good because it's the vets that are holding back the young players". The second part of that is probably true but the vets are still on the team so you can't just not count them and say the team is good. The team is the players regardless of their age.

Lol - I looked and he's doing some Twitter missive about Rielly being used poorly. And how advance stats show this, or something.

Our vets, even the 'good' ones, are deeply flawed cast-offs by other teams. It's weird that bloggers/twitterers recognized this when Burke and Nonis were building the team, but forgot it when Lou, Dubas and Hunter took over.

Well no, not weird. But you know what I mean.

The idea seems to be to give him more PK time and play him withtout Zaitsev on the tougher assignments. I hope it eventually works but because yeeeeeeesh, it's been awful watching him for 4-5 weeks now.

Yawnier

Banned
When Rielly got schooled by Ritchie behind the net last night I got real sad.

115266756-copy.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I learned my lesson on charging in against enemies back when I played the demo a month or so ago. I did manage to kill myself by knocking a bunch of big stone blocks onto me, though. :D

Habs in the Garden tonight for a final practice run for our showdown in April.

Buchnevich-Zibanejad-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Vesey-Hayes-Miller
Puempel-Lindberg-Pirri

McDonagh-Smith
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Clendening

Lundqvist

Top Bottom