• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

So the Leafs will sign Ben Smith to a major contract with NMC and trade Nylander?

Yes. All part of the Cockeiku

Rielly specifically has been terrible since his injury, I'm hoping Babcock plays Marchenko over Polak when Carrick comes back.

Also, I see that Leivo was scratched? Any reason for that besides Babcock hating him?

Rielly's just one of several guys who've looked quite poor since the bye week / AS break.

I think Leivo was scratched to keep in fresh for tonight and get Soshnikov a game.

Delryk

too many posts to agree with.

way to take the body on a 1-on-1
2XskdWt9L9LYDOfpSuY.gif

Solo

For real, even though I'm quite confident we lose, a Habs/Rangers Round 1 matchup would be fucking tantalizing. dat 2014 ECF rematch.

EDIT: even if we had the old playoff format, Habs/Rags would still be a 1st round matchup. Only difference would be Rags having home ice.

Preds Excited to Grow Hockey with Bellevue Facility

When the Nashville Predators teamed up with the Metro Nashville government to open Ford Ice Center in September of 2014, there was a vision.

The hope was the facility would not only revitalize the Antioch, Tennessee, community, but also grow the game of ice hockey to numbers never seen before in Middle Tennessee. Over two years have passed since the ribbon was cut and the first skate blade hit the ice, and those visions have become reality - and then some.

Now, it's time to do it again.

The Predators and Metro are heading to western Davidson County, this time to the town of Bellevue, to open a brand new ice center and add two more sheets of ice to the city of Nashville.

The facility, located at One Bellevue Place on Highway 70, will be similar to Ford Ice Center in Antioch in that it will be managed by the Predators, complete with the same hockey and skating programs patrons have become accustomed to enjoying in the southeastern part of the county.

"This is going to create an even stronger foundation for the Predators organization and make Nashville a stronger hockey community moving forward," Predators Senior Vice President of Ticket Sales, Premium Sales & Youth Hockey Nat Harden said. "There is no lack of interest in this market for wanting to learn to play or wanting to participate in hockey."

The participation at Ford Ice backs up those claims - completely full youth and adult hockey leagues, as well as the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy, have the building routinely operating from 5 a.m. to 1 a.m. in an attempt to satisfy the demand to be on the ice.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
For real, even though I'm quite confident we lose, a Habs/Rangers Round 1 matchup would be fucking tantalizing. dat 2014 ECF rematch.

EDIT: even if we had the old playoff format, Habs/Rags would still be a 1st round matchup. Only difference would be Rags having home ice.

Technically in the old format you would be the 2 seed as a division leader, so you would be playing Boston. ;)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
For real? I don't recall that. My memory was of the standard 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5 series.
Yup, which is why you had situations like this, from 2012:

Eastern Conference
1) New York Rangers, Atlantic Division champions, Eastern Conference regular season champions – 109 points
2) Boston Bruins, Northeast Division champions – 102 points
3) Florida Panthers, Southeast Division champions – 94 points

4) Pittsburgh Penguins – 108 points
5) Philadelphia Flyers – 103 points
6) New Jersey Devils – 102 points
7) Washington Capitals – 92 points (38 ROWs)
8) Ottawa Senators – 92 points (35 ROWs)

Western Conference
1) Vancouver Canucks, Northwest Division champions, Western Conference regular season champions, Presidents' Trophy winners – 111 points
2) St. Louis Blues, Central Division champions – 109 points
3) Phoenix Coyotes, Pacific Division champions – 97 points
4) Nashville Predators – 104 points
5) Detroit Red Wings – 102 points
6) Chicago Blackhawks – 101 points
7) San Jose Sharks – 96 points
8) Los Angeles Kings – 95 points

Canada Post and Amazon came through and my copy of Zelda on Wii U is getting delivered today instead of next week.

I haven't turned my Wii U on in months, hope it still works.

Solo

Eastern Conference
1) New York Rangers, Atlantic Division champions, Eastern Conference regular season champions – 109 points

Western Conference
1) Vancouver Canucks, Northwest Division champions, Western Conference regular season champions, Presidents' Trophy winners – 111 points

That's right. I remember now. 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5 pre-dated that format.

i think we can all agree that Hatrik Laine will dominate for the rest of the season and Never Smile Matthews, Little Boy Marner and Weird Head Nylander have zero chance for the Calder.

2+2 for my Pate tonight.

Curufinwe

Eastern Conference

Western Conference

1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6, 4 v 5 with re-seeding worked best with only two divisions. They should go back to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Stanley_Cup_playoffs

based on today's point% you would have:

1 Was v 8 Bos
2 Mon v 7 NYI
3 CBJ v 6 Ott
4 Pit v 5 NYR

1 Min v 8 StL
2 SJ v 7 Cal
3 Chi v 6 Nas
4 Edm v 5 Ana

Top Bottom