• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He has 4 goals and 3 assists in 26 games since we started laughing

HABS REGULAR
PAUL BYRON
JUST KEEPS SCORING
ON OCCASION
You seem pretty bitter that a waiver pick up that only has 7 points in 26 games is still tied for 4th on your team with two hall of famers in front of him,but I would be bitter too in that situation.

iLLmAtlc

NHL gaf has ruined my life. Yesterday somebody on NHL 17 sent me hate mail for getting 9 SOG and no points and I responded "stats are stats."

Socreges

Banned
You seem pretty bitter that a waiver pick up that only has 7 points in 26 games is still tied for 4th on your team with two hall of famers in front of him,but I would be bitter too in that situation.
Take a joke, Red! And we've already done this!

Yay Byron is back

HABS REGULAR PAUL BYROOOOOOOON

Byron would be second in goals on the Canucks, third in points

Yes, HABS REGULAR PAUL BYRON's production under the Habs would undoubtedly translate 1:1 to the Canucks, even despite an anemic offense and weak linemates!

Not to mention his shooting percentage is the 2nd highest in the entire NHL (23.5%) for this season

Dicky Panik Syndrome
Prescient observation from Yawnier

Heretic

ljectkO.jpg

pz8rXGU.jpg

7QEIipD.jpg

cYa0ObZ.jpg

b798906acbcfb495ff1079c2723e4caa.jpg

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

iLLmAtlc

Honestly seeing y'all in love with the newest Zelda warms my heart. Reminds me of getting so hooked on OoT and Majora's Mask as a kid. It's quite rare for me to like a game that much these days.

Marvie_3

Banned
Honestly seeing y'all in love with the newest Zelda warms my heart. Reminds me of getting so hooked on OoT and Majora's Mask as a kid. It's quite rare for me to like a game that much these days.
Im just glad the Zelda series is back to being the high quality it should be. The series has been pretty awful for the last decade.

yyzjohn

Banned
Zetterberg has 18 games to get Detroit into the playoffs through sheer force of will. Only 12 points out of the wild card spot. Blashill has spoken.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Would you guys say The Night Of is worth watching? I saw the first episode yesterday and thought it was very interesting. But I thought I read somewhere that it pretty much peaked after the first episode or something?

First episode was incredible, then it takes an insane nosedive. There's no real payoff for watching.

Solo

Seems like it was a pretty decent game last night. 6 in a row now. Hopefully they can keep it going against the Flames. Looking forwards to seeing the Edmonton game on Sunday, as by then I'll have missed 3 games.

Also, AGally has 67 points in his last 82 games (aka in his past full season), and that includes the 10 games post-injury where he was downright awful. Based on last year's scoring totals, 67 points would have had him top 20 in league scoring.

More importantly though, he has 9 points in 9 games under Julien.

XL Center losing nearly $1M a year

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is proposing to spend $250 million on renovations to the XL Center though the venue lost close to $1 million in each of the previous four years, according to annual reports from the organization overseeing the building.
The city of Hartford owns the XL Center. It is overseen by the Capital Region Development Authority, a state agency, and managed by Spectra Venue Management.
In the current fiscal year, there is about a $1.9 million gap between operating costs and expenses, according to Terryl Mitchell Smith, director of marketing and management for the CRDA.
When factoring in the state's contribution to the XL Center of about $600,000 and the authority's funding of about $400,000, the net loss is expected to be about $900,000, she said.
That is a small improvement from the venue's previous years.
In fiscal year 2016, the XL Center's net operating loss was more than $914,000, the result of decreased facility surcharge revenue and an increase in marketing expenses for University of Connecticut sporting events, according to CRDA's annual report.
The venue lost more than $1 million in fiscal year 2015 and had a net operating loss of $3.8 million in 2014, according to CRDA annual reports.
The latter was due to the building going through a management change that led to one-time expenses and a diminished marketing window early in the year, according to the CRDA's annual report.

If you want further proof that Hartford isn't happening, this is yet another nail in the coffin. Maybe the Connecticut government should focus on that boondoggle of a minor league ballpark across the way?

Marvie_3

Banned

If you want further proof that Hartford isn't happening, this is yet another nail in the coffin. Maybe the Connecticut government should focus on that boondoggle of a minor league ballpark across the way?
That means they need more events.......like hockey games to earn more money with the facility.

Hartford needs to just bite the bullet and build a new facility though. Theres only so many band-aids you can put on a 40+ year old arena.

Also, you leave my Yard Goats out of this.
Thanks for adding me, Marvie.

My only friend.
<3 u camaro

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pierre LeBrun&#8207; @Real_ESPNLeBrun
NHL GMs will recommend to the Competition Committee to eliminate the option of a timeout on an icing call.
So you eliminate the primary reason most coaches use a timeout at all. That leaves basically only three uses for a timeout:

1) Coach's challenge
2) Slow the game down when your team is suddenly being shredded for goals in a matter of minutes
3) Strategize a faceoff at the end of a close game

So basically all you've done is encourage even MORE coaches challenges than we already have. Great job, guys.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member

The XL Center would, at best, be a temp venue for a NHL team anyway until a hypothetical new arena is built. You can only host UConn b-ball and hockey for so long in a super old building.

There's no defending that Yard Goats fiasco though.

Another thing out of the GM meetings is the idea to not allow teams to call a timeout after an icing.

That would probably just lead to more instances of coaches doing stupid shit like sending out 8 players and a trainer for the faceoff to make the refs sort it all out and buy them more time than a timeout would have given anyway. Hate that shit. So obvious when it's happening I'm surprised they don't penalize it somehow.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Stop trying to change the damn rules. How about you enforce the ones you already have?

10 times a game I see a forward chip the puck past a defenseman, then get interfered with trying to go around him.

Marvie_3

Banned
Stop trying to change the damn rules. How about you enforce the ones you already have?

10 times a game I see a forward chip the puck past a defenseman, then get interfered with trying to go around him.
If they actually called interference the way they did after the 2005 lockout, there would be guys in the penalty box all game. Its ridiculous how bad obstruction has gotten.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Depending on how this 3 game series against the Sens goes, it seems like we're already set to play the Rangers in the first round.

Top Bottom