• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Chris R

It's kinda funny because Bloodborne was my first game in the series so because of that I never used a shield in DS3 or what I've played of DS2 so far. It would just feel weird compared to what I'm used to.

Gun parrying in Bloodborne is (from what I've heard from people) easier than parrying in DS so that kinda balances out not being able to block. Definitely feels like a lot of the parry windows in BB are pretty big and easy to see.

I'm just not that into parrying either. I either kinda tank the hit (getting harder since I'm not going a str build, so I don't have 100% block) or roll out of the way. I'll just have to learn and GITGUD

Calamari41

41 > 38
After I finish my DS2:SOTFS run (2.2 DLC left, then the final 10% of the game) I guess I'll start playing Bloodborne now that the Boost patch is out.

Just don't like the no-shield playstyle :(

I was a Souls veteran when Bloodborne came out, and the no-shield style made me feel like someone's grandma trying to play. It forces you to get really good really fast, though, and on a recent replay I was able to cut through the game like a hot knife through butter.

Socreges

Banned
DS3 is way better than Bloodborne
I need to finish Bloodborne. And then I need to play DS3

Also, somehow, the other 50 100-hour games in my backlog

2003 Sony-published release:

scus-97213-game-ss-10

Shitty Nintendo kiddy garbage "Overrated of the Wild":

I don't know what you're on, but Nintendo should be ashamed of releasing this bullshit in The Current Year. If I didn't label these shots, you wouldn't be able to tell me which one was on PS2 and which one was on the Nintendo "Bitch" (Instead of Switch, get it? Bad system)

That BotW shot looks a lot shittier than the game looks on my TV
Spotting Death Mountain from different vantage points gets me a bit every time. I'm sure nostalgia plays a big role there, but Nintendo has done an incredible job with major landmarks punctuating the horizon. Technically it isn't the most impressive game, but the art design is extremely good.

Chris R

I've been getting better since I'm playing the game so much. Coming back to it after 6+ months off and I was totally lost and didn't even know where I needed to go. Last few bosses have all been killed the first time through (but I'm kinda abusing the game a bit thanks to watching a AGDQ run)

NHL Gaffers, I have a question for you.

I am surprising my fiance with tickets to the Detroit Red Wings at Tampa Bay Lighting game on March 31st. Shes a huge Red Wings fan. I need a suggestion with which seats to get. As fellow NHL fans, would you rather sit 5 rows behind the vistors bench or 4 rows behind the glass from the side of the one of the goals? I have included a picture of the seats below.

Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/gvRnc

If I could partially wipe my memory and experience Bloodborne for the first time again, I'd trade that for Breath of The Wild. Bloodborne is just a special game for me.

I am surprising my fiance with tickets to the Detroit Red Wings at Tampa Bay Lighting game on March 31st. Shes a huge Red Wings fan. I need a suggestion with which seats to get. As fellow NHL fans, would you rather sit 5 rows behind the vistors bench or 4 rows behind the glass from the side of the one of the goals? I have included a picture of the seats below.

Thanks!

Behind the bench. If you sit behind one of the goals you only see half the game.

Reckheim

Thanks!

Imo sitting 5 rows behind the visitors would be much better. I've sat behind the goalie before and when the puck isn't in the zone you're sitting in its extremely hard to follow the game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Thanks!

From my experience, definitely 5 rows behind the visitors bench, I typically sit 10-12 rows behind the visitors bench when I see Montreal play, and it's a perfect view of the ice throughout the entire game, and you get a great view and listen of the stuff going on between the benches between play.

Marvie_3

Banned
I need to finish Bloodborne. And then I need to play DS3

Also, somehow, the other 50 100-hour games in my backlog

Spotting Death Mountain from different vantage points gets me a bit every time. I'm sure nostalgia plays a big role there, but Nintendo has done an incredible job with major landmarks punctuating the horizon. Technically it isn't the most impressive game, but the art design is extremely good.
The world design makes it so easy to play eith the HUD off. Its the best way to play.

After I finish my DS2:SOTFS run (2.2 DLC left, then the final 10% of the game) I guess I'll start playing Bloodborne now that the Boost patch is out.

Just don't like the no-shield playstyle :(

Bloodborne was the Souls game I actually "got gud" at funny enough.

I found the faster gameplay a little more to my liking

Yeah Dark Cloud 2 on PS4 has trophies and is scaled to 1080 but other than that the game is identical. I mean I still bought it but yeah. Great game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Horizon is pretty fun.

If I had to pick one game to play the next month, it would be Horizon over Zelda

I'm like 40+ hours in by now. Sooooo good. The story actually surprised me with how good it is.

Plus, the enemies&combat is fantastic.

Pikma

Banned
My god is astroturfing one of the dumbest posters we've had in a while

It's dumb shit post after dumb shit post

It's entertaining tho

Chris R

I'm like 40+ hours in by now. Sooooo good. The story actually surprised me with how good it is.

Plus, the enemies&combat is fantastic.

I only redboxed it to see if I'd actually want to buy it and was surprised with how much fun I was having. I'll grab it for sure sometime later this year. Just trying to crush my backlog right now before the GOTY drops in April and my life is filled with all things Anime.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I only redboxed it to see if I'd actually want to buy it and was surprised with how much fun I was having. I'll grab it for sure sometime later this year. Just trying to crush my backlog right now before the GOTY drops in April and my life is filled with all things Anime.

Horizon/BOTW until Mass Effect Andromeda until Persona 5

it's a good spring for gamers.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the summer is barren so I can actually finish shit.

I need to quit my job to play everything this year. Already skipped over Gravity Rush 2 and Nioh and am waiting for a decent deal on Horizon in the summer. Still need to grab Nier Automata (and go back and finish off the first Nier, which I really liked but never finished). And Persona is now a month away, and FFXIV Stormblood is 3 months away. And I still have FFXV in chapter 5 waiting on some of the major patches and DLC to drop. And just for fun Puyo Puyo Tetris is in there too because why the hell not.

Toooooo many gaaaaaaames...

iLLmAtlc

I beat Dark Souls 3 recently myself (2nd game I've played in that genre after Bloodborne). I too played through it without blocking. There were some bosses where parrying helped a lot but I think they were more in the minority.

I really enjoyed the graphix and challenges but I think I liked BB more. Maybe it was more novel since it was my first but the atmosphere was also a lot cooler to me.

Abyss Watchers
and
Lorian
kicked my ass the most. I was legit stuck for like 3-4 hours each on them.
Nameless King
was hard but I think he was more hype than substance. The first phase is a joke and becomes a formality once you do it enough. The second is just another hard hitting, fast, boss with some delayed attacks sprinkled in there. So many bosses in Bloodborne/DS3 were like that. He wasn't even all that aggressive and there were plenty of healing opportunities.

Everyone else wasn't too bad, took me about ~1 hour each.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Think I'll wait for some sales to pick up Mass Effect. New games are too expensive in Canada. Got enough to play still anyways.

Close'nuff

There are good prices to be had on PC.

Consoles though - Amazon will give you 20% off your preorder if you're a Prime member. I don't know what else is out there.

I knew I'd pre-order Mass Effect before it was even announced. Definitely my favorite franchise from the previous generation. I've replayed the trilogy many times.
Me1=2 >>3

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I knew I'd pre-order Mass Effect before it was even announced. Definitely my favorite franchise from the previous generation. I've replayed the trilogy many times.
Me1=2 >>3

I played 1 and 2 three times each. 3 only one and half. Ending soured me a bit.

Top Bottom