• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Weapon durability keeps combat interesting in this game. The thing that I wish were different about it is how difficult it has been to find good weapons, but for all I know I just haven't come across a better method that is already in the game.

Socreges

Banned
Too non Zelda-ish and too many gameplay mechanics I just don't enjoy
leaving-now.gif

Weapon durability keeps combat interesting in this game. The thing that I wish were different about it is how difficult it has been to find good weapons, but for all I know I just haven't come across a better method that is already in the game.

The idea isn't terrible I think it's just a bit overboard with how quickly the weapons break.

The idea isn't terrible I think it's just a bit overboard with how quickly the weapons break.

The better weapons seem to have better durability. I think it keeps things dynamic, having to be quick on my feet when something breaks unexpectedly has led to some of the better moments in combat for me. It's basically what I was referring to originally about having an amazing emergent moment.
I was down to my last weapon in a fight with a special enemy in the world and decided to just throw it at him out of desperation, and when I did that lightning struck it just as it got near him and he died. I actually stood up and yelled in reaction.

Marvie_3

Banned
Agreed. Even some of the better weapons break pretty easily though.

Im on the hunt for better armor now. One day ill get to the story......

The better weapons seem to have better durability. I think it keeps things dynamic, having to be quick on my feet when something breaks unexpectedly has led to some of the better moments in combat for me. It's basically what I was referring to originally about having an amazing emergent moment.
I was down to my last weapon in a fight with a special enemy in the world and decided to just throw it at him out of desperation, and when I did that lightning struck it just as it got near him and he died. I actually stood up and yelled in reaction.
Thats fucking awesome. :lol

Chris R

As a massive Zelda fan, I find BOTW extremely overrated

There, I said it

I've played two hours.

It's better than Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, but I'd rather play MM or OoT again over more BOTW. It's just too unstructured. Terrific open world, I just want more stuff to do in it.

I've played two hours.

It's better than Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, but I'd rather play MM or OoT again over more BOTW. It's just too unstructured. Terrific open world, I just want more stuff to do in it.

Uhhh you've played two hours. You've barely started.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I was having fun with BotW up until
a fucking stealth segment
. It's really short, but it still drained my enthusiasm for a bit.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I've played two hours.

The first two hours of Breath of the Wild are incredibly structured.

Well, I'm on the south side of London (Lambeth). Still puts you as the second closest NHL Gaffer to me that I'm aware of.

Entropia, you and I should do an Elgin-Middlesex meetup sometime.

all these Old England names

where are your Canadian names? Like Moosetown, Syrupville, and Maple Leafton

You son of a cow

That's probably fair.

all these Old England names

where are your Canadian names? Like Moosetown, Syrupville, and Maple Leafton

Ontario is olde Canada, so most names either come from British towns, people, or native words. The only places I can think of that break that convention are just German/French instead.

For a long time I thought Corey Perry played for the London, England Knights.

At least we in America put "New" in front of that kind of shit.
Yeah, London is a little silly for that sort of thing. We even have a "Thames" river.

Habs sign Defenceman Prospect Simon Bourque to a 3 year entry level deal.

Another Seadog going to the Habs! Woooooo!

Chabot and Bourque have been the best duo on that team.

calder

Wait I thought Cack Bess lived in Quebec near Ottawa, like in Gatineau or something, so I assumed it was Aylmer QC... but he's tipping cows in some bucolic pasture near London?

Wait I thought Cack Bess lived in Quebec near Ottawa, like in Gatineau or something, so I assumed it was Aylmer QC... but he's tipping cows in some bucolic pasture near London?

Oh shit, maybe I'm wrong.

Honestly, an Aylmer in Quebec. Who could have predicted that?

Top Bottom