• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

PillarEN

I started playing DOA with a girlfriend in high school, and have played every iteration since.

There were only 25 people that entered DOA...7/25 still got me a medal!

That's still cool man. Best thing I ever got was a DK keychain thanks to schooling people at Smash Bros. at what I would very nicely call the extremely humble E3 equivalent here in the Czech Republic due to the fact that nobody here has any experience with the series while I've wasted weeks if not months of my life as an average Smash player. So to them I was a god.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Aww fuck I forgot that Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age was in July, just a couple weeks after Stormblood drops. Stoooooooooop.

Socreges

Banned
Calling Zelda a launch title is a bit disingenuous when it's on another, earlier console too. More like it was ported to the Switch in order to have a system seller at launch. Oblivion is the same as it was on PC at the same time.

To me, neither are true "launch" games, even if they are day one games. A true launch game to me for example would something like be Mario 64 - brand new game, available at launch and only on the N64.
Eh, this is pedantry, and I know pedantry. It's a launch title. How it got there is irrelevant.

For one, and it's worth pointing out, BoW would have been a different game had it launched on Wii U as originally planned. Maybe most importantly, the game definitely wouldn't have gotten as much development time. And all that extra time in the oven shines through constantly.

Maybe most importantly, the game definitely wouldn't have gotten as much development time. And all that extra time in the oven shines through constantly.

Was gonna mention this as well. I'd wager the delays had little to do with serving the port to the Switch as in the comparison videos out there there are very few differences between the two versions. It's a legitimate Switch launch title, it being on another Nintendo platform at the same time doesn't really change that.

Eh, this is pedantry, and I know pedantry. It's a launch title. How it got there is irrelevant.

For one, and it's worth pointing out, BoW would have been a different game had it launched on Wii U as originally planned. Maybe most importantly, the game definitely wouldn't have gotten as much development time. And all that extra time in the oven shines through constantly.

Yeah, the fact that they pushed the game back for the Switch launch shows in the polish and quality of the game for sure. Pretty sure it had been "done" for a while and the extra time they got to work on it shows big time.

P.K. Subban Wants to Fix the NHL’s Schedule, and other things

How the NHL Has Grown Under Gary Bettman
Subban: If I’m going to play manager, if I’m going to play executive right now and look at the league …

Bill Simmons: You’d be commissioner.

Subban: You know what? One day I’d love to be the commissioner of the NHL.

Simmons: I think you’re disqualified because you have a personality.

Subban: Well.

Simmons: Yeah, that was a Bettman dig, you heard me. I know you can’t say a name, but I made [the joke]. You’re just an innocent bystander.

Subban: OK, but here’s the thing. Fans don’t know Gary personally, right? I’ve had an opportunity to talk with him and speak with him. I don’t know if I’m allowed to say this as a player, but I like Gary.

Simmons: I booed him personally, does that count?

Subban: No, I like Gary. … It’s unbelievably tough. People look at the coach of the Montreal Canadiens or the goaltender — nobody can imagine what it’s like to be in that position. Nobody can imagine or understand what it’s like to be the commissioner of the NHL. You look at the other leagues and the revenues that they bring in, and the NHL’s at the bottom. It’s not in the top two or three leagues. Gary’s job, in terms of expanding the league and growing revenues, revenues have only gone up. They’ve only gone up since he’s been here.

Simmons: You really should be the next commissioner. This is an impressive selling job.

Subban: You’ve got to look at it big picture. … I’ve been lucky enough to be one of the top players in the league, where I get paid top dollars. So it’s easy to speak when you’re getting paid handsomely and you’re one of the top-paid guys in the league. But if I’m looking at it, those third- and fourth-line guys are making a lot more money now than they were 10, 15 years ago.

Cake Boss

Banned
I'm also not actually a fox.

051905c7713b5e170910c8404a42567b7c2140-wm.jpg

Solo

For the record, I'm going to buy a Switch just for Zelda at some point this year, so I wasn't trying to shit on it by calling it a faux launch title.

Socreges

Banned
For the record, I'm going to buy a Switch just for Zelda at some point this year, so I wasn't trying to shit on it by calling it a faux launch title.
If anything, it's a slight on the Switch as a console. The launch is very weak, and truly terrible if you remove Zelda. But for many of us we'll be playing Zelda for the next several weeks anyhow so what does it matter.

yeah condemned was awesome.

Yeah ive been there. I didnt have much time and it wouldnt let me save so I just bailed. :lol

Gonna go there again this weekend.
Let me know how it goes...

Pikma

Banned
So who else in here is living a fake life? I bet Smelly isn't even a smelly girl, and that Ducks fans aren't even ducks

:lol at that Zelda metacritic thread.

I still find it funny GTA IV got so many 10/10s game plays like trash. I enjoyed it when it released, but never found it to be near perfect.

Chris R

I still find it funny GTA IV got so many 10/10s game plays like trash. I enjoyed it when it released, but never found it to be near perfect.

I prefer GTA IV's gameplay to V's.

The story in IV is terrible though, but then those DLCs...............

Avs gonna start our first three game win streak on Saturday, can't wait.

I prefer GTA IV's gameplay to V's.

The story in IV is terrible though, but then those DLCs...............

Avs gonna start our first three game win streak on Saturday, can't wait.
See I prefer V over IV, San Andreas is an innately fun environment, compare that to Liberty City's drab atmosphere. Ballad of Gay Tony was pretty great though. I think RDR deserves more recognition than both though.

Socreges

Banned

I just embarrassed myself in that thread. 😓

Apparently the framerate is worse in docked mode? Drops rarely enough in either that I hadn't noticed.

I just embarrassed myself in that thread. 😓

Apparently the framerate is worse in docked mode? Drops rarely enough in either that I hadn't noticed.
Yup, Digital Foundry confirmed that. Makes me hope it's something that can be improved as I'm very sensitive to frame drops. Especially in a 30 FPS game when I'm accustomed to 60 FPS.

Top Bottom